ADVERTISEMENT

odds we win out this year?

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
given our current injury situation, and impact on the play - what are the odds we win all 3 games left on the schedule, which at least gives chance of a good bowl game???

my guess is we are 65% probability of winning all 3 games. 95% Rutgers, 90% Nebraska and 80% Maryland.

Reactions: BBrown and OhioLion
given our current injury situation, and impact on the play - what are the odds we win all 3 games left on the schedule, which at least gives chance of a good bowl game???

my guess is we are 65% probability of winning all 3 games. 95% Rutgers, 90% Nebraska and 80% Maryland.

95%, 90%, 80% -------> 65% is that Pitt math?

Sounds about right. Does anybody know the situation with Bates & Buchholz?

I think winning out gets us back to the top 10 which would be pretty good.
  • MSU would drop below us with another loss (OSU?).
  • OSU would drop below us if they lose to UM or Wisconsin.
  • Auburn would drop below us with a loss to Alabama on Saturday
  • TCU would fall behind us with a loss to Oklahoma
Those move us to 12th and I suspect another team or two ahead of us will fall.

Reactions: PSUoh90
For crying out loud, it’s not like we’re the only team in Div I to have a couple of injuries!

Maryland’s down to their fourth string QB. If we don’t win that game, well, it will be our own fault.

We’ve beaten ourselves two times this year.....that’s enough!

Anything else than winning out would be a MASSIVE disappointment. This team had Ohio State beaten on the road, and basically laid down in the 4th quarter. This team could have and should have beaten Michigan State on the road, and again couldn't close it out. A team that was #2 in the nation, with the best running back in a generation, coughed up a hairball and is now looking at a 10-2 season with a New Years Day bowl against maybe a top 10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT