ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin winning percentage vs Joepa

Not a chance , changing demographics along with a history of success will keep Bama at or near the top going forward .
I doubt psu will approach OSU let alone Bama. In Joe's heyday Pa. had much more nfl talent than now. It's only going to get worse moving forward. Why should a Georgia or Florida kid chose PSU over a top SEC school?
Even now, PSU is about 6-7 in NFL talent. I’m not sure that’s the issue, I do note though that other schools pick PA clean - a handful of schools get more of the PA top 30 than PSU does. SEC schools particularly.

If Joe was younger, I think he would have retired two or three years after the college football playoff started. It became apparent very quickly that it was worse than the BCS or even the old bowl system before that. It threw out everything about the sport, including the polls, and ruined every bowl that was not part of the playoff. He would have thrown up his hands at that point.
I think Joe would have been supporting a 16 or 24 team playoff. I don't believe for a second he would have cared about losing the bowls as he always supported a playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT