ADVERTISEMENT

Now we know why Florida State didn’t make the CFP

NIL= opening of Pandoras box. Can it be closed or is this the begining of a dark period for CFB?

Reactions: psu00
For violations in 2022-2023 academic year. Mich take note that the wheels of justice grind slow.
Unfortunately the NCAA will do very little with Meatchicken. Any sanctions for cheating in 2023 would invalidate the championship. They declined to pursue anything in season and would have serious egg on their face.
Harbaugh will be gone soon. Any punishment will be focused on harbaugh and barely register on UMs ability to operate.

Unfortunately the NCAA will do very little with Meatchicken. Any sanctions for cheating in 2023 would invalidate the championship.

Yes. That would be the point. The money is already is in the bank and won't be given back by those who did not cheat.

They declined to pursue anything in season and would have serious egg on their face.

They declined to pursue anything with FSU in season. Do they have egg on their for their failure to act in season against FSU?

Yes. That would be the point. The money is already is in the bank and won't be given back by those who did not cheat.

They declined to pursue anything with FSU in season. Do they have egg on their for their failure to act in season against FSU?
No. FSU didn't win anything last year. They were 2nd in the ACC Atlantic division and their violations are indirectly related to competition. Recruiting violations/NIL affects who joins the team, but it doesn't directly impact the on-field play.
Michigan was caught, pretty much dead to rights, that they were cheating in-game, directly affecting most/every plays of the game. They were caught cheating during the 2023 season and they were allowed to play the season out as if nothing happened. They wound up winning the National Championship. If, in the future, they sanction UM for cheating in 2023, they would invalidate the CFP championship result and the question would be raised, why, with the overwhelming evidence of UM's cheating, they didn't take action to rectify the impact and preserve the integrity of the competition and playoff.

Unfortunately the NCAA will do very little with Meatchicken. Any sanctions for cheating in 2023 would invalidate the championship. They declined to pursue anything in season and would have serious egg on their face.
Harbaugh will be gone soon. Any punishment will be focused on harbaugh and barely register on UMs ability to operate.
Only 🥚🍳... Take a closer look!

Am I missing something, but where is the NOA or whatever that's called? No info at all and this breaks like it's a done deal investigation and punishment. Or did I miss hearing about this months ago?

TIA
Most of the time things won’t leak every week until after the school gets the NOA then the scope of the allegations are released. Usually. So not sure how to answer your question. This situation wasn’t talked about in the media months ago that I know of.

I didn’t even know there could be an NIL violation to be punished. It seems like there are no rules and the ncaa really doesn't care anymore.
FSU must have done something stupid to get caught and punished because pretty much every major program is using NIL as a recruiting tool.

Reactions: psu00
Recruiting violations/NIL affects who joins the team, but it doesn't directly impact the on-field play.
What??? SMH.

If recruiting violations/NIL do not directly impact the on-field play, then why the f' would anyone violate them? If recruiting violations allow you to add a high-impact player that you would not have otherwise been able to add to your team, it most definitely affects on-field play.

What??? SMH.

If recruiting violations/NIL do not directly impact the on-field play, then why the f' would anyone violate them? If recruiting violations allow you to add a high-impact player that you would not have otherwise been able to add to your team, it most definitely affects on-field play.

Don't get snarky JR.
The key words here are direct vs indirect. The conversation was discussing the difference between FSU and UM.

Michigan was caught, pretty much red handed, cheating in games, during ther season it was occurring, and directly impacting each play in their favor. The NCAA should have prioritized an investigation to confirm and UM should have had to forfeit the games in which they cheated...and Harbaugh(at least) probably should have been suspended indefinitely.

FSU is being punished for recruiting/NIL violations. You are absolutely correct that recruiting/NIL violations can impact on-field play. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be deemed a competition issue that draws punishment. The nuance I was describing is that recruiting violations are indirect and may or may not impact the on-field result. For example, you can commit a recruiting violation and not land a player. You can commit a recruiting violation for an "impact player" and that player turns out to be Justin Shorter. Because these type of violations aren't "in-game" they tend to come to light later, and although most people want the programs punished, most don't have the visceral reaction to direct, in-game cheating.

It's the NCAA telling schools not to second guess their decisions. FSU gets screwed royally for going undefeated, doesn't like being the only undefeated P5 team in the history of the playoff era to not get an invite and lets it be known, so the NCAA attempts to destroy the member school. It's bad enough that the NCAA ran off almost all of their starters and 1/3 of their roster, now they are going to hit them with sanctions.

Meanwhile, Michigan is celebrated with the NCAA president making excuses for their outright cheating for the last few years. Might be soon time to stop watching college football.
Yeah, it smells more like retaliation than punishment. IMO.

They are pursuing unprecedented violations against FSU to justify the committee/cabal's decision to leave an undefeated P5 team out of the playoff for the 1st time ever. Their playoff wasn't legitimate, so they want to try to hindsight legitimatize it.
FSU was rightfully left out. They should have been ranked about 10th.

Who paid Conner Stallions to pay all these people to fly all over country and record games? What was Corum doing with Conner in some BS vacuum repair co? Why is CMU quiet on scandal? Will there ever be answers?

Last edited:
Then why were they #3 prior to the ACC championship that they won. Every undefeated power 5 must get an invite or it isn't a real playoff. Further, the two 1 loss teams chosen by the committee/cabal were immediately bounced. They 100% didn't deserve to go over an undefeated power 5.
Wrong. Completely wrong. Team drop all the time even when they win. We all know they weren't a top 5 team. The playoff games showed the best 4 were there. FSU would have lost by 30

Qp4sTGf.png

Then why were they #3 prior to the ACC championship that they won. Every undefeated power 5 must get an invite or it isn't a real playoff. Further, the two 1 loss teams chosen by the committee/cabal were immediately bounced. They 100% didn't deserve to go over an undefeated power 5.
Forgive him. People who deal in absolute terms are absolutely confused and simply regurgitate what they hear. There’s not a ton of originality or authenticity with his posts. He consistently debates on the side of the money changers.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Forgive him. People who deal in absolute terms are absolutely confused and simply regurgitate what they hear. There’s not a ton of originality or authenticity with his posts. He consistently debates on the side of the money changers.
Lol...my arguments are consistent. If I was about money I'd support the bowls having meaning. Simply saying FSU should be in because they ran the table is exactly what you're claiming I'm doing.

Am I missing something, but where is the NOA or whatever that's called? No info at all and this breaks like it's a done deal investigation and punishment. Or did I miss hearing about this months ago?

TIA
""There was enough agreement on the facts of the case that it was concluded via negotiated resolution between the school and NCAA enforcement instead of a contested hearing, which would have drawn out the case for several more months."

I believe they "pled guilty" early on which circumvents the need for a NOA.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT