ADVERTISEMENT

Will Betancourt

Just checking…. You do realize that the Rutgers Perennial Top 10 claim is a boastful remark made by the Rutgers faithful…they’re not actually a Perennial Top 10 team.
Ha, yes, I know that. However, they ARE usually top 10 in the B1G!

Reactions: Ja1339
b04c6c10-5073-4405-a557-6cf166f895c3_text.gif

One of the best women's track and field middle distance prospect in decades went from Trenton, NJ down to Texas A&M and won an 800m OLY gold at the ripe old age of 18. First 800m gold for the US, male or female, since 1972. She then anchored the winning 4x400m relay squad.

Yep, and another generational talent, Sydney Mclaughlin, out of Union Catholic in Scotch Plains, ran lead off of that same 4 x 4 and smashed the 400 hurdles world record (and made the 2018 Olympics as a high schooler). McLaughlin went to Kentucky, but the balance of power in Track and Field is in the SEC and Pac12

One of the best women's track and field middle distance prospect in decades went from Trenton, NJ down to Texas A&M and won an 800m OLY gold at the ripe old age of 18. First 800m gold for the US, male or female, since 1972. She then anchored the winning 4x400m relay squad.

Athing Mu is a freak! Could be the female Alberto Juanterena. Loved Ato Bolden’s call on her relay anchor leg “Athing Mu is putting the hammer down!”

Askren just posted a dumb rumor that NLWC/PSU offered 100k to Real to come. He's so dumb sometimes.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Anything is possible but this doesn't make a lot of sense.. We have BB and SVN lined up to go at 41/49.. does RW add championship potential at 41 that BB may not at this point??? sure.. but do we need RW's points at nationals to be the heavy favorite? no... so why pay the kid 100K.?

Anything is possible but this doesn't make a lot of sense.. We have BB and SVN lined up to go at 41/49.. does RW add championship potential at 41 that BB may not at this point??? sure.. but do we need RW's points at nationals to be the heavy favorite? no... so why pay the kid 100K.?
I swear that I read Beau was going 133. We NEED a solid 141 then! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7brwnpsu
The whole Suriano looking for highest bidder talk (I.e. evil Cael and his deep pockets) quietly subsided once he was choosing between Iowa state and UM
If the whole thing was based on something resembling logic, the whole "PSU outbids everyone" thing would have ended with Suriano's decision.

But it didn't end, because those accusations are based on nothing but heresay and the desire for it to be true.

This is why I just can't listen to FRL. Those guys are just message board posters with microphones.

Why anyone gives them any more credibility than a typical BWI poster is beyond me.
100%. Askren never seems prepared. Just says ridiculous stuff. He could be a good personality if he let the conspiracies go and did a little homework. While I don't think Willie is a natural on the mic, at least he was prepared.

Reactions: nitlion6
Yep, and another generational talent, Sydney Mclaughlin, out of Union Catholic in Scotch Plains, ran lead off of that same 4 x 4 and smashed the 400 hurdles world record (and made the 2018 Olympics as a high schooler). McLaughlin went to Kentucky, but the balance of power in Track and Field is in the SEC and Pac12
LOL this is wrestling site go find a track site!!

Just to remind y’all that Askren posted a screenshot of a text he recieved. He’s not starting rumors he is just circulating it.

Also folks need to hamper expectations of BB and SVN. SVN was limited in RS and many alluded to him being injured. Let’s relax and let Cael work his magic.

if Cael is offering a $100k NIL deal to someone in the portal, it likely means we need them and he has a spot for them

Reactions: Split shot
Just to remind y’all that Askren posted a screenshot of a text he recieved. He’s not starting rumors he is just circulating it.

Also folks need to hamper expectations of BB and SVN. SVN was limited in RS and many alluded to him being injured. Let’s relax and let Cael work his magic.

if Cael is offering a $100k NIL deal to someone in the portal, it likely means we need them and he has a spot for them

So Ironburd is Askren's source. That doesn't take Askren off the hook for abject stupidity.

if you listened to todays flr about the national dual championship. You can hear the Iowa homer come out in JD. JD wants it to be the only team championship. I wouldnt care if the sanctioned a dual tournament championship. But the NCAA team championship comes from the individuals dual championship and doesn't need to be changed

Reactions: nitlion6
Three reasons. Stockpiling talent:
(1) Is insurance against injuries.
(2) Keeps the talent out of the hands of others.
(3) Makes tHR wicked pissed.

NIL is legal and we’ve been way slow on the uptake, so it would be good if we’re taking advantage of it. That said, Askren is a proponent of it, so why all of a sudden the shock emoji from him? It’s disingenuous. He wouldn’t post that if the rumor was about Mizzou.

Don’t be fooled - our success drives the Midwest Mafia crazy

Is there any word as to the health status of SVN?? What about Howard? Oh yeah, now I remember. Disregard.

Is Real Woods in the portal. I know there were rumors he may be but has it been confirmed? If he isn’t, wouldn’t that be against some kinda NCAA rule with tampering with other schools athletes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT