ADVERTISEMENT

New Poll about Board Traffic.....

Poll: do you think traffic on the Board is higher, lower or about the same since the changeover?

• Higher

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Lower

Votes: 163 72.4%
  • About the same

Votes: 48 21.3%

• Total voters
We realize you like the new board and will defend it with all you got.

We also realize it is not changing.

But, the traffic is quite obviously lower. That is the part of this that YOU need to accept, and quit arguing about.

In this topic format, we are discussing a topic (sometimes pointlessly) for days. In the old format, that thread simply went of the board.

Additionally, new topics are being posted that get only one or two comments and then go off the board. Some of those topics have seemed interesting, and some of them certainly would have resulted in threads of varying lengths under thread view.

It is what it is. All sides in the matter have aspects of this change that they need to accept.

GEEZ!!!!! Just count the # of posts!! Far lower..I spent at least an hour a day on the board. Now its about 4 minutes. Just scanning the titles, then bye bye

Reactions: Ski
There's things i like about the new board, but also thinks i preferred in the old format. I'm fine with the changes and still spending plenty of time on here. But its beyond doubt to me that both the number of posts and people posting is down significantly.

Well, considering I would normally have responded to a post like this at 9:00am this morning, and likely would have responded once or twice more, and it is now 3:43pm and my first post in this thread, certainly reveals how my experience has changed.

Well I haven't seen the Judge or the Fish in quite awhile, not that I would notice anyways.

Interested to see if anyone's perspective has changed.

While the new format certainly has a few improvements and enhancements, it basically ripped the personality and heart out of the McAndrew Board.

I never subscribed to PREMIUM in consideration of all my fellow posters.....I always thought people deserved a place to go to escape from my sense of humor....or attempts thereof. If I had been a subscriber, I would have ended that by now. On a scale of 1(low) to 10(high) , my vote has gone from an 8 or 9 to a 2 or 3.

I still come to the Board as there are truly many posters I enjoy following.....and I've learned a lot.....A LOT.....over the years on countless subjects. But unfortunately, as in the "Real World", many companies march forward without asking for customer input. Rivals obviously and unfortunately did this too.

While the new format certainly has a few improvements and enhancements, it basically ripped the personality and heart out of the McAndrew Board.

I never subscribed to PREMIUM in consideration of all my fellow posters.....I always thought people deserved a place to go to escape from my sense of humor....or attempts thereof. If I had been a subscriber, I would have ended that by now. On a scale of 1(low) to 10(high) , my vote has gone from an 8 or 9 to a 2 or 3.

I still come to the Board as there are truly many posters I enjoy following.....and I've learned a lot.....A LOT.....over the years on countless subjects. But unfortunately, as in the "Real World", many companies march forward without asking for customer input. Rivals obviously and unfortunately did this too.

Name them, please!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Obviously, he meant me for Pete's sake!!!!

Well, ILLINOIS, I am sure you realize that you are one of those whose posts I miss, and I know I am not alone. I don't disagree with your statement about the new format. I really don't like it. It's tedious. It does not lend itself to the type of banter you often engaged in. I am suffering through it for now and, as I posted earlier in this thread, will wait till the end of May to decide if I will cut back until fall or just keep going. I waiver back and forth. It's good to know you're still around. I hope you , and Fonzie, are doing well.

I think traffic is way down on here and Phil's board. I quit thePremium on day one because navigating two of these formats is, frankly, a nuisance. If traffic truly is off, I'm curious as to how that affects Phil's personal exit strategy, if at all.

Reactions: fairgambit
I hate what is happening now.

I think the board has a much more balanced tone to it. It is quite refreshing.

You sure do post a lot for someone that hates the new direction. Have you considered not posting as much? Perhaps that would help.

I am a "reader" , not a "poster" so the new format made it much less enjoyable for me. While true that it is easier to post, it is by far more difficult to just read.

I think the board has a much more balanced tone to it. It is quite refreshing.

You sure do post a lot for someone that hates the new direction. Have you considered not posting as much? Perhaps that would help.

Yeah, I think I'm going to take your advice. Maybe I'll go to the Bama or Minnesota boards and see what's shaking.

Reactions: bamasota
Yeah, I think I'm going to take your advice. Maybe I'll go to the Bama or Minnesota boards and see what's shaking.

Fantastic!! Never been to either as I prefer the National Sound-Off board, but it would definitely be a change of scenery.

Glad I could help. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Damn, I just made a quick visit to both of those sites, and couldn't help but mention your name at both places as a reference. I guess I should not have done that. What they said about you was not very flattering.

Is that stuff they say really true? God, I hope not.

I agree, lionlurker.

I'm cancelling my subscription there this month.

The old format wasn't great, and the new format is even worse. Though it's "optimized" for mobile, there is wayyyyyy too much scrolling to make it useful. Couple that with terrible font.......and I'm done.
I'm slowly drifting that way too. And think it's just a matter of getting used to. I just don't like it. And if the other board which I've never been to gives you the option I may check it out.

why don't "we" - the old board - move to a forum that has a thread view, it could be anywhere on the world wide web, I think we could find a place.
I'm not very tech savvy, so I don't know how easy, or difficult it would be. Perhaps others who know more could offer their input.

All of it is so spot on... i still come here early on in my morning scans... but in most cases i'm clicking a few likes, maybe posting once or twice, then gone.i don't leave the board up and running and check back every so often.. i'm out until later at night. while i don't see myself abandoning ship, the experience is simply not the same. typically feel lost in a slew of posts and not sure to whom i'm even talking to/with. it's not pretty.

only upside (imo) is that i can hit like rather than type +1 (or some derivative) and blow up bandwidth. i also like being able to insert urls into the message content. 'bout it.

none of which will change a damned thing. more's the pity.

All of it is so spot on... i still come here early on in my morning scans... but in most cases i'm clicking a few likes, maybe posting once or twice, then gone.i don't leave the board up and running and check back every so often.. i'm out until later at night. while i don't see myself abandoning ship, the experience is simply not the same. typically feel lost in a slew of posts and not sure to whom i'm even talking to/with. it's not pretty.

only upside (imo) is that i can hit like rather than type +1 (or some derivative) and blow up bandwidth. i also like being able to insert urls into the message content. 'bout it.

none of which will change a damned thing. more's the pity.
Feeling lost and not sure who you're talking with is one of my issues as well. There are a few minor enhancements like those you mentioned, but this seems much more like work than enjoyment.

No poll like this is "scientific".....but when only 8 of 118 participants think traffic has increased, well, that VERY CLEARLY shows people are NOT HAPPY about the changes.

And these are NOT A FIRST REACTION poll numbers.....these are the results AFTER HAVING SEVERAL WEEKS OF USAGE of the new format.

I hope Tom has shared our feedback with Rivals.....not that I'm confident they (Rivals) actually care.

Reactions: Ski and fairgambit
Having gone through countless IT/systems/procedure changes during my working career, I figured that sooner or later, I'd get used to the change and everything would be fine. Hasn't happened. I used to go to this board almost exclusively. I recently signed up for other boards and will probably let my subscription here lapse. Frankly, it's harder to get around on this board and the glitches are very frustrating.

Lower is only my impression because I spend much less time on the board myself. Not as enjoyable, and seems harder to sign in and get excited about posts.

Having gone through countless IT/systems/procedure changes during my working career, I figured that sooner or later, I'd get used to the change and everything would be fine. Hasn't happened. I used to go to this board almost exclusively. I recently signed up for other boards and will probably let my subscription here lapse. Frankly, it's harder to get around on this board and the glitches are very frustrating.

Isn't BWI or Tom's fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT