ADVERTISEMENT

Need to ban Gameday from PSU campus

I totally agree. They would bring no POSITIVE buzz to Penn State. They would spend the entire program talking down Penn State and referencing the Sandusky stuff. Heck, watched the B1G Championship on Fox Saturday Night and the Fox team did not say the word "Sandusky" once in almost 5 hours of coverage. Fox started the show at 7pm, and the post game drug out past midnight. Fox did not say "Sandusky" once. Yet deuche-bags like Herbstriet and Howard want to talk about it at length in reference to Penn State a few days after the B1G Title. .... Why would we open the doors to Penn State for these guys ???

I get everyones point...just think as time goes by...bringing up Sandusky by any of these reporters is just old news...they could do it this year because we were back in the spotlight as a top ranked team for the first time since the Sandusky mess...and "hopefully" we will be back there again...bringing up anything Sandusky next year...will be just old news that is less and less relevant...especially as time goes by...my .02 anyway..

If Gameday wants to come, PSU (through the A.D. probably) should demand time for a spokesperson, a few minutes to debunk some of the common misconceptions about the scandal, including those that have come from ESPN itself. If they won't agree to that, no appearance.

That's the only way i would agree. How about Jay Paterno?

Reactions: royboy
Man you guys are dopes. Herbie branded PSU best student section in the country. Just because he isnt always positive for PSU doesn't make him bad at his job.
LMAO

Does anyone remember the comment during the height of the "Final Four Bloviations" kerfluffle?

About how so many Penn State Fan-Boys - despite all the evidence or the contrary - cling to the "Kirky is a great guy" nonsense - - - all due to a decade-old comment about the student section?

Well - the poster above - as the comedian says, "There's your sign"

Good lord.........Whattadope

The time to refuse them is when it hurts THEM, not us. Keep winning. Pretend they don't exist.

We'll see plenty of coverage for winning.

Not saying you are wrong to despise them. I despise them too.

If GameDay showed up and everyone came but brought no game related signs, and just stood and stared at them, that would be funny.
this is a football thread you jackass, stay off it and go back where you belong with tin foil hats and conspiracy theories.

I have not watched these clowns for years but I understand that they were on their usually anti-PSU bandwagon this past weekend in Indy. With all of the disgraceful behavior this crew has demonstrated in the past 5 years I do not want them anywhere near our campus. Now that we are nationally relevant again I could see them wanting to come here next year when we play Michigan. I think that we should proactively contact Sandy and tell her to say no. Thoughts?

This would be just about the DUMBEST possible thing to do. to be nationally relevant we need to be inclusive and educate these guys on what a great University, students and program we have.

LdN

I doubt the University would ever tell ESPN they aren't welcome on campus and if Game Day showed up here, there is no doubt the students would be lined up to be in the front row. It was obviously a popular place to be for PSU fans in Indy before the BIG CG. I doubt many on campus would boycott it if they came. Quite the opposite...I'm guessing it would be packed and rowdy.

I have not watched these clowns for years but I understand that they were on their usually anti-PSU bandwagon this past weekend in Indy. With all of the disgraceful behavior this crew has demonstrated in the past 5 years I do not want them anywhere near our campus. Now that we are nationally relevant again I could see them wanting to come here next year when we play Michigan. I think that we should proactively contact Sandy and tell her to say no. Thoughts?
Wow.

This would be just about the DUMBEST possible thing to do. to be nationally relevant we need to be inclusive and educate these guys on what a great University, students and program we have.

LdN
Agree 100%. I will add Dumb, Stupid, Idiotic, Short-Sighted ..... Just what I would expect from this board

Reactions: Osprey Lion

I think that is a really dumb idea.

LdN
Do you think they give a sh!t about what a great university we have? I've got news for you, we've always been a great university even through the sanctions. Did that change their attitude? No! Did they have a problem with trashing the university and thereby the current students and players and not the ones who were even around when the Sandusky sh!t took place? Nope, didn't care, they just lined up to take shots at the current university, the current players and the current staff. The fact that it was a great university at that time didn't sway them one bit. Some of you give way too much credit to the intellect and fairness of these morons and think they want to do anything other than boost ratings any way necessary. And talking up Penn State will not boost ratings.

I guess in your opinion it would be better to kiss their ass. Thank you sir may I have another.
In my opinion, it is better to have them at PSU, with an enthusiastic PSU crowd behind them as it helps show that the program is among the top of college football. No one cares what the analysts say, it's the perception of the event that will ultimately help with recruiting. And in time, they won't mention Sandusky anymore.

I doubt the University would ever tell ESPN they aren't welcome on campus and if Game Day showed up here, there is no doubt the students would be lined up to be in the front row. It was obviously a popular place to be for PSU fans in Indy before the BIG CG. I doubt many on campus would boycott it if they came. Quite the opposite...I'm guessing it would be packed and rowdy.
Exactly

Which is why "responsible adults" (I know that's a huuuuuge stretch when we are talking about folks like Sandy Baby) need to step in and say ""nyet"...... if ever the Metrosexual Clown Posse requested space to set up their carnival

There is a reason you - as the "responsible adult parent" - don't just allow your 8 year old to sit down and inhale his entire satchel of Trick-or-Treat candy on the night of October 31.

That said:
If be SHOCKED if PSU ever even had a second thought to saying anything other than "What time will you get here?"

Do you think they give a sh!t about what a great university we have? I've got news for you, we've always been a great university even through the sanctions. Did that change their attitude? No! Did they have a problem with trashing the university and thereby the current students and players and not the ones who were even around when the Sandusky sh!t took place? Nope, didn't care, they just lined up to take shots at the current university, the current players and the current staff. The fact that it was a great university at that time didn't sway them one bit. Some of you give way too much credit to the intellect and fairness of these morons and think they want to do anything other than boost ratings any way necessary. And talking up Penn State will not boost ratings.

So do you think banning them will help?

If you think the swipes are bad now, wait until we try banning them.

The idea is stupid. Never going to happen nor should it.

LdN

So do you think banning them will help?

If you think the swipes are bad now, wait until we try banning them.

The idea is stupid. Never going to happen nor should it.

LdN
It's not going to happen as long as there are spineless twigs out there that think it should...oh wait, that's you...oops.

It's not going to happen as long as there are spineless twigs out there that think it should...oh wait, that's you...oops.

I have a brain therefore I have a spine. You I'm not so sure you have a brain at this point, so a spine is also in question.

LdN

I also haven't watched that clown show in years. And, I won't watch that clown show for several more years. Lets see, last I watched, it went something like this:
  • Somebody does something dumb
  • They talk about football
  • They tell a few jokes
  • They do an upclose and personal
    • Drugs
    • Mean streets
    • Personal tragedy
    • Redemption
    • military experience
  • They talk a little football
  • Update on a coach
    • Drugs
    • mean streets
    • personal tragedy
    • redemption
  • Tell a joke
  • Profile of what a fine school a certain university is
  • Show a bunch of charity events
  • Talk about what great people they are
  • Somebody puts on the mascot's uniform
  • football (finally)

Did I miss anything?

I think Dem is onto something. I don't think that you can ban them without sending the wrong message to the rest of the country. But if we could get people to stand and stare at the travelling circus, people might recognize this bozo collective for what they really are... insignificant worthless clowns with nothing important or noteworthy to say. Unfortunately, that's probably not realistic, because people just can't seem to control themselves in front of a camera. Everyone wants their 30 seconds of fame. But if our folks could just be convinced how much more attention they would garner by staring blankly at these fools, maybe it could happen. That would be EPIC!!!

But if that's not doable, then I vote for NJ's plan... 2 hours of technical difficulties. Let 'em sit there and stew in their own juices while being booed for all the lies and baseless accusations they've rained down on PSU over the years!

I realize that both scenarios are really fantasies, but it's fun thinking about it!

Or just ignore them.

I have a brain therefore I have a spine. You I'm not so sure you have a brain at this point, so a spine is also in question.

LdN
Wanting to bow down to the people that treated you like garbage is not real "brainy".

Seriously, could you all be more hurt over this? If we banned every media group that took a swipe at us because of Sandusky there would be no one left to cover the team. If you really think that such a move would be anything but a net negative for Penn State, you are delusional.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionDeNittany
If Gameday wants to come, PSU (through the A.D. probably) should demand time for a spokesperson, a few minutes to debunk some of the common misconceptions about the scandal, including those that have come from ESPN itself. If they won't agree to that, no appearance.
If you want to go stupid don't half-ass it, go full bore.

Demand 2 hours of the show be dedicated to subjects pertaining to the scandal. A minimum of 20 minutes to JZ so he can educate the viewers why Jerry needs to be freed. Make sure at least one member of the Paterno family appears so as to emphasize that the SC environment is not Paterno-centric. At least half an hour to review the wealth of info in Blehar's Blog. That will show them what for.

Then, the crushing coup de grâce, immediately after the coin-flip, refuse to play the game as a protest. Send a real message that no criticism of the program or its fans will be tolerated any more.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
I don't think GameDay is coming to PSU anytime soon. The wizards that run the four-letter-word have to be smart enough to know the reception in State College may not be entirely friendly. Unlike a studio show, the environment for GameDay is not entirely under the network's control. Think about what some of those signs would say. Think about that crowd raining boos down on Mushmouth every time he attempts to speak. They aren't coming to PSU and risk those conditions. They can "feature" PSU, if they choose, at Columbus or some other away game. My guess is that show will be a financial casualty to that network's shrinking budget before it ever schedules another visit to Central PA.

We didn't need them before and we don't need them now. They would get egged if they showed up here. It would be like the scene from Frankenstein with the villagers and torches!

giphy-facebook_s.jpg
And the new leader of Gameday....

kennethmars.jpg

Reactions: rudedude
If you want to go stupid don't half-ass it, go full bore.

Demand 2 hours of the show be dedicated to subjects pertaining to the scandal. A minimum of 20 minutes to JZ so he can educate the viewers why Jerry needs to be freed. Make sure at least one member of the Paterno family appears so as to emphasize that the SC environment is not Paterno-centric. At least half an hour to review the wealth of info in Blehar's Blog. That will show them what for.

Then, the crushing coup de grâce, immediately after the coin-flip, refuse to play the game as a protest. Send a real message that no criticism of the program or its fans will be tolerated any more.
If anyone would know what full bore stupid ass is, it would be you.

What is wrong with you people? Having Gameday at a school is an honor. And the "common
misconceptions" are mostly jobot's opinions. Having some doofus defending PSU's handling
of Sandusky is the worst thing that PSU could do. Get some common sense.

What is wrong with you people? Having Gameday at a school is an honor. And the "common
misconceptions" are mostly jobot's opinions. Having some doofus defending PSU's handling
of Sandusky is the worst thing that PSU could do. Get some common sense.
Oh yes, what an honor. Thank you for shitting on us....please come to our house so we can lick your collective boots. Give me a break. Hey, if we're lucky maybe they will do a five minute segment on the Sandusky scandal and how all Penn State fans promote child molestation. Yeah, that would be an honor. And then they can do another five minutes on our fluke win over Ohio State and how lucky we were to pull that one out. I heard on the radio today that our win over Wiscy was flukey because those passes Trace made could have just as easily been intercepted. Why show respect to a group that shows you no respect?

Reactions: chrisrn1965
Ya know, Osprey, based on your posts, you've definitely "moved on"! You'd rather bury your head in the sand and hope all the bad stuff goes away rather than fight for and pursue the truth. Well guess what, gutless, it's been 5 years and the game day crew is still bashing us. They have not tired of their game and apparently don't know that they should stop because you don't care anymore. There are a whole bunch of PSU alumni who do care when these nitwits denigrate the school, the community, and (I know how this must grate on you) Joe Paterno. I'm not a Joebot, I'm a truthbot, and I hate these low life scum bashing my alma mater. Game day... an honor?!? I don't f'n think so.

I don't think GameDay is coming to PSU anytime soon. The wizards that run the four-letter-word have to be smart enough to know the reception in State College may not be entirely friendly. Unlike a studio show, the environment for GameDay is not entirely under the network's control. Think about what some of those signs would say. Think about that crowd raining boos down on Mushmouth every time he attempts to speak. They aren't coming to PSU and risk those conditions. They can "feature" PSU, if they choose, at Columbus or some other away game. My guess is that show will be a financial casualty to that network's shrinking budget before it ever schedules another visit to Central PA.

I'm sure they took full notice of what PSU fans think if Delaney during the BIG10 title celebration.,,,Our own Commissioner... Imagine the " welcome" ESPN would get... Especially Desmond Howard...

Ya know, Osprey, based on your posts, you've definitely "moved on"! You'd rather bury your head in the sand and hope all the bad stuff goes away rather than fight for and pursue the truth. Well guess what, gutless, it's been 5 years and the game day crew is still bashing us. They have not tired of their game and apparently don't know that they should stop because you don't care anymore. There are a whole bunch of PSU alumni who do care when these nitwits denigrate the school, the community, and (I know how this must grate on you) Joe Paterno. I'm not a Joebot, I'm a truthbot, and I hate these low life scum bashing my alma mater. Game day... an honor?!? I don't f'n think so.

Truthbot, jobot call yourself whatever you choose. To me you at a nut.

We didn't need them before and we don't need them now. They would get egged if they showed up here. It would be like the scene from Frankenstein with the villagers and torches!

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I'm not thinking 'egging' them! My thought is that every PSU fan needs to start today to put together an inventory of 'balloons' with that special filling! If we all start today, there should be enough 'balloon' inventory for a reasonable bombardment of the 'Gameday Stage' to compensate for the amount of damage that ESPiN has done to PSU in the past five years! Especially if all PSU fans make their best effort to produce ammunition for said bombardment ------ so we must drink copious amounts of our favorite beverages ----- and work our hardest to create product for 'said' bombardment! PSU's large alumni base should produce more 'bombs' than necessary but every one will be a help! Let us make Gameday the best it will ever be! Let us show Herbstreit what we think of him!

This the way I see it too.. No way GD comes to PSU anytime soon. That said, Fox will be buying ESPN in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT