ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball NCAA TOURNAMENT ROUND OF 64: PENN STATE VS TEXAS A&M - 9:55 P.M. - TBS (PREVIEW & GAME THREAD)

Thank goodness that halftime buzzer beater was late; I don’t want TA&M getting any momentum. PSU up 16 at the half and nobody in foul trouble. Can’t ask for a better start.

Reactions: jjw165 and johnmpsu
Couldn't ask for a better 1st half for PSU. Funk with the hot hand and Pickett orchestrating the O to perfection.

Reactions: 81b&w
Allie Laforce is a nice treat for staying up late for this one.

Last edited:
When Shrew got Lundy out of the game with 32 seconds to go and TAM shooting foul shots I couldn't help but think that Pat would never have made that move. Shrew seems like the best game manager that PSU has had in a long time.....

Last edited:
What about fans who didn’t watch them most of the year and just started in the last few weeks when they were winning?
I mean being a PSU bball fan is tough. Been going to games since I was a kid at Rec Hall and countless BJC games with the crowds empty but It's hard to watch sometimes over the years. Hard to blame them. But to not watch the game tonight is inexcusable, imo.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Prediction:
If Funk scores 10 in the second half we win. But that's unlikely so we need to get Lundy going.

• Haha
Reactions: paradox1984
There we go. PSU up 20 at the first TV TO of the second half. Just need to keep playing our game and nothing sloppy

If I had a dollar for every time we hear how long it's been since PSU made it to the NCAA tournament.

Need Pickett to make those bunnies
He's making some, and he already missed 2 bunnies but that hasn't stopped the lead from reaching 20.

TAM reportedly has some very talented guards but Pickett is giving them a graduate course in backing down the defender and either getting a layup or an assist. Looks like they'll likely be able to work on their next 3 credits starting tomorrow unless PSU completely falls apart.

He's making some, and he already missed 2 bunnies but that hasn't stopped the lead from reaching 20.

TAM reportedly has some very talented guards but Pickett is giving them a graduate course in backing down the defender and either getting a layup or an assist. Looks like they'll likely be able to work on their next 3 credits starting tomorrow unless PSU completely falls apart.
Need to box out on defense.

Tamu literally is hanging around because we simply can't defensive rebound

Yep. Just had a rough start to 2nd half and there was a very brief stretch where they gained a little momentum. Pickett got it right back, hence my follow up comment “there you go”. Pickett back to his all American ways

Since Lundy can’t make a shot, he needs to focus on defensive rebounding. That’s how he can really help.

Reactions: scrivener
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT