ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi quote in the Post-Gazette.

Nick's Name

Jan 20, 2003
He loves to take his shots when he gets the chance.

"We’ve got a lot of faith in ......... Christian Veilleux. Christian is a guy that, well, things are brand-new for him. He’s coming from a one-word offense to a real offense. But it’s a totally different offense. This offense is NFL-style with sophisticated terminology. "

"We’ve got a lot of faith in ......... Christian Veilleux. Christian is a guy that, well, things are brand-new for him. He’s coming from a one-word offense to a real offense. But it’s a totally different offense. This offense is NFL-style with sophisticated terminology. "
The P-G sports writer added this after the quote.

Editor's note: Narduzzi made a point to express that his analysis of Penn State’s offense wasn’t intended to be disrespectful.

What's funny is that Pitt's offense sucked for most of last season after their 10 year starting qb graduated to the NFL. Moreover, except for Pickett's last season, Pitt's offense under their lunkhead head coach mostly has been like the classic Woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense; it's anything but sophisticated.

Last edited:

Yep he’s all class without the c and the l.

What a tool - his sophisticated offense has achieved exactly what? He runs 90% of the time and throw 5 yard outs the rest of the time and it's not even his offense since he is a defensive genius isn't he?

You know that missing link theory that anthropologists are always discussing? They just might find that elusive link prowling around PITT’S coaching offices.

Reactions: marshall23
Pitt has not finished in the Top 10 in football since 1982, maybe Narduzzi should worry about Pitt's offense rather than Penn State's
He's always come off as such an insecure and petty ass who's constantly worried about every other team except his. It's so obvious that he's a miserable and jealous person. His sideline comportment also always has been terrible; he's just such a poor representative for that program.

He's so lucky that he coaches in one of the weakest, if not the weakest, divisions in any college football conference, and even with that he's only won that division twice. Now that the ACC doesn't have divisions and FSU is rising again, it will be a long time before that program ever wins another ACC Championship.

Yep, it must be so "sophisticated" that his players can't figure it out, as almost every time he plays a B10 team his gets his a$$ handed to him on a platter.....

Just Duzzy being Duzzy. Big fish in a bathtub.....

• Haha
Reactions: psu00 and JimNazium

Just another example of why Narduzzi can't get decent recruits. He is a humorless dour a$$hole.

Wonder who penned that piece for Douchie?

The P-G sports writer added this after the quote.

Editor's note: Narduzzi made a point to express that his analysis of Penn State’s offense wasn’t intended to be disrespectful.
Animated GIF

What's funny is that Pitt's offense sucked for most of last season after their 10 year starting qb graduated to the NFL. Moreover, except for Pickett's last season, Pitt's offense under their lunkhead head coach mostly has been like the classic Woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense; it's anything but sophisticated.
also mostly absent the 3 yards...

Yep, it must be so "sophisticated" that his players can't figure it out, as almost every time he plays a B10 team his gets his a$$ handed to him on a platter.....

Just Duzzy being Duzzy. Big fish in a bathtub.....
Call it: 'What would the irrelevant say!'

Last edited:
Reactions: brupsu

51-6. H2PSU

Last edited:

Why use sophisticated terminology when simple terminology will do? More complex isn't necessarily better.

PSU offense had higher points per game and yards per game. And obviously a better record.

Reactions: psu1969a

Yeh that sophisticated offense really lit Geogia Tech and Louisville up last year. He's a highschool gym teacher.

There’s a thread on the Lair about what they would do if God granted them 25 additional program points to distribute among games and improve Pitt’s football history.

I don’t understand it, but no one there suggested giving the 25 to their 1981 team. 48-39 would likely had alleviated the most past pain for them….

Don't need sophistication with 5 star QB handing off to two 5 star RBs. I guess when scraping for QBs, RBs and lose AA WR in final year, you have to get fancy. Fancy like - kicking a FG at 1 bc you are ball-less loser

When incapable of saying anything of substance, shoot for being controversial. Hey, it works for a lot of sports talking heads.

Last edited:
Christian Veilleux also had some comments too:

"I want to thank Coach Narduzzi for having faith in me. It was very difficult time at Penn State playing in front of 107K loving fans. The pageantry, traditions and weekly prime TV slots were a lot of pressure. I now can concentrate on sophisticated plays with only mustard yellow seats in front of me. I relish this opportunity. Hey mustard, relish..anyone got a dog? Oh, you get those free if stay beyond halftime? Great. Another big plus for Pitt. Well, off to take the great football bus like at Penn State. Huh? What is PRT?"

Christian Veilleux also had some comments too:

"I want to thank Coach Narduzzi for having faith in me. It was very difficult time at Penn State playing in front of 107K loving fans. The pageantry, traditions and weekly prime TV slots were a lot of pressure. I now can concentrate on sophisticated plays with only mustard yellow seats in front of me. I relish this opportunity. Hey mustard, relish..anyone got a dog? Oh, you get those free if stay beyond halftime? Great. Another big plus for Pitt. Well, off to take the great football bus like at Penn State. Huh? What is PRT?"
Excellent!

Duzz wont be able to help himself all year taking shots whenever Christian Veilleux has a decent game. You can just tell how psyched Duzz was to get a PSU transfer.
Yep, a more logical response would be to realize that if Veilleux is this good imagine how good the QB’s are that pushed him down the depth chart….

But logic and The Duzz don’t belong in the same sentence.

Duzz wont be able to help himself all year taking shots whenever Christian Veilleux has a decent game. You can just tell how psyched Duzz was to get a PSU transfer.
With the schedule the pitters play Veilleux should have plenty of good games. The pitters play a MAC level schedule. Veilleux should have no problem excelling against glorified high school teams.

With the schedule the pitters play Veilleux should have plenty of good games. The pitters play a MAC level schedule. Veilleux should have no problem excelling against glorified high school teams.
He's probably going to be a backup at Pitt this season, so he basically transferred from a Top 10 to maybe Top 5 team to fill the same role at a much lesser program.

Reactions: LemonEars
He's probably going to be a backup at Pitt this season, so he basically transferred from a Top 10 to maybe Top 5 team to fill the same role at a much lesser program.
To be fair Veilleux transferred to a lesser program in order to start there in 2024. Allar will more than likely start at PSU for the next 2 years, could start at PSU for 3, and even then Veilleux would have to compete with talented QBs on the PSU roster to start. The odds are in his favor that Duzzy has about a farts chance in a windstorm of finding a QB that can legitimately compete with Veilleux in 2024.

He made a solid decision IMO.

Last edited:
To be fair Veilleux transferred to a lesser program in order to start there in 2024. Allar will more than likely start at PSU for the next 2 years, could start at PSU for 3, and even then Veilleux would have to compete with talented QBs on the PSU roster to start. The odd are in his favor that Duzzy has about a farts chance in a windstorm of finding a QB that can legitimately compete with Veilleux in 2024.

He made a solid decision IMO.
I agree with you that that is why he made that decision. However, based on Pitt's head coach's track record, I have a feeling that he will try to bring in another Portal qb who probably will start or play extensively in several games this season at a decent program but probably won't be expected to start the next season. It just seems to me like that head coach wants quick fixes and is afraid to go through the growing pains of an inexperienced qb for a season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT