ADVERTISEMENT

Myrtle Beach golf trps

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
Need some help. Looking to go to Myrtle to whack the white ball next month. I have inquired about packages and I am ready to perhaps pull the trigger on a 4-5 round package at the Legends or Litchfield Plantation Resorts. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated. M ajor purpose of the trip is to not only golf but visit with a realtor or 2 on purchasing/renting a condo...Thanks guys

We always stayed at Legends. Usually accommodating if you wanted to play say TPC instead of one of their courses. Obviously better deals if staying and playing only at Legends courses, but that's barely the point of going on a MB trip.

No issues with Legends, would recommend.

Need some help. Looking to go to Myrtle to whack the white ball next month. I have inquired about packages and I am ready to perhaps pull the trigger on a 4-5 round package at the Legends or Litchfield Plantation Resorts. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated. M ajor purpose of the trip is to not only golf but visit with a realtor or 2 on purchasing/renting a condo...Thanks guys
I own a house in Charleston and my parents have Condo in North Myrtle/Cherry Grove, so played there a bunch.

Legends is great. Not sure if you get to pick from a selection for your package or how much you want to drive from the Legends if you stay there. It can take an hour to drive the entire length of Myrtle. Obviously True Blue, Caledonia, and Pawleys are great on south end. Up north I've enjoyed the Glen Courses, the "Cat" courses north of the SC/NC border. My favorite on my last trip was the Thistle. Once you decide where you are staying look at the map closely to pick the courses closer to where you are staying so you can play more golf than 2 hours driving car per day!

I own a house in Charleston and my parents have Condo in North Myrtle/Cherry Grove, so played there a bunch.

Legends is great. Not sure if you get to pick from a selection for your package or how much you want to drive from the Legends if you stay there. It can take an hour to drive the entire length of Myrtle. Obviously True Blue, Caledonia, and Pawleys are great on south end. Up north I've enjoyed the Glen Courses, the "Cat" courses north of the SC/NC border. My favorite on my last trip was the Thistle. Once you decide where you are staying look at the map closely to pick the courses closer to where you are staying so you can play more golf than 2 hours driving car per day!
Thanks...do you know anything about the litchfield plantion resort?

I stayed there many years ago. It was very nice and the course has preserved the old slave quarters for historical significance which was interesting. I can’t compare it to other places but I enjoyed it and liked the location.

Not a golfer, but have been to the Grand Strand many times.

There's something to be said for locating away from the busiest part of the area and toward the edges. The area south with Litchfield, Pawley's Island, Murrell's Inlet, etc. is nice, and so is the area up to NC, including the northern parts of North Myrtle Beach, Little River. etc.

Reactions: Nitwit
Make sure you stop by the Master's Club!!!
One of the best clubs I've been in!

As for Legends, 3 years ago we played Heathland, Moorland, Parkland, Heritage and Oyster Bay. Oyster was the nicest/toughest of the bunch but stunk having to drive that far. Drank way to much the day we played Heritage and can't really remember much about it. I wasn't overly impressed with the 3 tracks at the clubhouse.

Reactions: Psualum2007

pm me or call me 412-443-4697. We have been doing trips for 20 years in Myrtle.
I can tell you in’s and outs of course, restaurants, locations and packagers

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
Thanks a ton. Got a quote from Litchfield, 4 rounds of golf including a cart, an ocean view condo with 1 king and a queen bed, breakfast every day, place has a pool, sauna, hot tub. One round at Litchfield, one round at The Tradition, one round at Pawleys Plantation, one round at Willibrook. Under $700 per person...Good deal?

Reactions: BarryPSU and Nitwit
I've been going to Myrtle off and on for the past 20 years, a buddy always make the arrangements, we always stayed at Kingston Plantation in North Myrtle, its minutes from Barefoot Landing. They offer several types of places to stay from hotels, townhouses and condo's. Golf was booked through them and they offer golf packages that are very reasonable.The best courses may be require an additional upgrade fee, but you know that when you book the golf package. There are plenty of good courses with 20 minutes of Kingston Plantation.We went down in March of 2016, four guys, five nights stay in a four bedroom high rise condo on the ocean with breakfast included each morning, five rounds of golf came to around $850 per person.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
Thanks a ton. Got a quote from Litchfield, 4 rounds of golf including a cart, an ocean view condo with 1 king and a queen bed, breakfast every day, place has a pool, sauna, hot tub. One round at Litchfield, one round at The Tradition, one round at Pawleys Plantation, one round at Willibrook. Under $700 per person...Good deal?
Yes good deal. You can go to Myrtle for $330 or $1330. It all depends on what you want. This biggest thing is quality of courses lodging and location.

don’t forget to visit razpsu and the kitchen table restaurant in north Myrtle for some good Nittany Lion conversation and good food. Right across from Barefoot Landing and the golf courses at Barefoot.

best courses are Caledonia and True Blue on Pawley’s Island.

Let me know if you have questions especially about breakfast lol. We live and work in north Myrtle.

don’t forget to visit razpsu and the kitchen table restaurant in north Myrtle for some good Nittany Lion conversation and good food. Right across from Barefoot Landing and the golf courses at Barefoot.

best courses are Caledonia and True Blue on Pawley’s Island.
I am waiting for a quote from both those places.

Yes good deal. You can go to Myrtle for $330 or $1330. It all depends on what you want. This biggest thing is quality of courses lodging and location.
Checked out the four courses and they seem gorgeous. Not looking for a brutally tough layout. Playing with my wife who is a good player. I am a 7 handicap but I won't be in 7 handicap form in March. Just want to get away from NEPA and have some fun. Thanks for helping...

Be a little careful about shopping by price. You can get a very good deal price wise and get to MB and have to play courses that are like Munis back home. Also, some courses can be quite a commute. So find a place where there are a half dozen courses within a short ride.

Call or email some of the guys above. If you want good courses you need to pay some up charge. Caledonia is a great experience but will cost you premium $$$$. My experience with Legends courses was good. However, it’s been several years. I have a good realtor at Barefoot if you need a referral. Barefoot courses are good. Razpsu is a golfer as well as a restauranteur and Penn State football ”expert”. Look him up at the Kitchen Table across from Alligator Adventure in N. MB.

Lived in Murrells Inlet for ten years. First time I met my father-in-law to be, we played True Blue. He’s a scratch golfer, and I’m not...lol. They had a condo in Caledonia, but live in Murrells Inlet now.

If you stay in Litchfield, dine at Frank’s in Pawleys Island. If you need a fourth, I can send you his info and you can give him a call. He’s always up for a round.

Let me know if you have questions especially about breakfast lol. We live and work in north Myrtle.
Raz, we will be in Myrtle Beach the last week in February. I'll try to stop by for lunch.

I live about 45 minutes north of MB on the coast. Either choice should offer some great golf although I am partial to the courses down near Pawley's. [Heritage,Caledonia, True Blue] I might pick depending on where you want to look at property.
Quite a difference between the Pawley's/Murrel's Inlet area, the MB proper area and the NMB/Little River area.
Good luck, have fun.

I know it's old school, but you gotta play the Dunes and the 13th, right? Mike Souchak hit that green in two w/ crap equipment.

Reactions: FightOnState
Looks like we are going to pull the trigger on the Litchfield package. Playing Litchfield twice, then one round at the Traditions, Willbrook, and Pawleys Plantation. Breakfast included every day. $700 with a one bedroom condo.Seems like a pretty good deal.

Reactions: royboy
I know it's old school, but you gotta play the Dunes and the 13th, right? Mike Souchak hit that green in two w/ crap equipment.
The Dunes GC is fabulous! A memorable round of golf. Greens are sooooo terrific.

My grandfather worked there many years ago. He got me on the course for nothing. Must have played 20+ rounds there. Terrific layout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT