ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snow birdie thoughts and/or recommendations for Myrtle Beach or Florida?

ARe you a REpublican or Democrat?

If you are a DEmocrat then you should retire to Camden NJ waterfront.

If you are a REpublican then anywhere in Florida is great. I visit SE coast yearly. Never had a problem with traffic or hurricanes. WE are a block from the intercoastal and about a quarter mile from the ocean. One thing I like about our area is there are three airports with flights to Phila/Trenton. The tri rail runs from Palm Beach Airport to Lauderdale and Miami. Very easy to access. That coast seems to have a great dune system with A1A running on top of the duns. WE have never had any problem with flooding.

I do like the Gulf but I am not as familiar with that side.
GFY with that snide remark.

Wow! I've found people in Florida to be very friendly.

I agree that the traffic is horrible a lot of places but I'm surprised you say not many good restaurants.
That is not what I said about the restaurants.

My goal is to avoid the first frost in the fall and the last frost in the spring, and everything in between. Then we go North in the summer to avoid the heat and humidity of Fl.
I bought a house north of Orlando in a growth area four years ago. Property values in our area have increased about 25% in that time. Home and car insurance are much more expensive than in Pa. Traffic is terrible and dangerous, but in Pa. where we live, if the there are 5 cars at any one of the 6 traffic lights at one time, we think of it as a traffic jam. Shopping and restaurants are much better than in Pa.
On the down side, I think Florida is one the most bigoted and racist places I have ever lived. There are several topics that I have told one of my neighbors that we are not going to talk about. However, that might just be him. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Tie between Baltimore city and NYC

Was in Surfside (just below Myrtle Beach) when youngest looking at Coastal Carolina this spring for school and it was very nice and went for a walk on the beach with PSU cap on and within 5 minutes got 2 We Are's and 1 Go PSU - walked to a beach bar up the street and a fully PSU decked out Golf Car was parked there so a ton of PSU people in that area. Nice beach - a co worker lives just a bit south in Muriels Inlet and recommended Surfside and to stay away form Myrtle proper - we went for shopping downtown and it's pretty much the Wildwood of SC there.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Ridiculous generalization. A lot of wealthy people move their primary residence to Florida to save on taxes. I don't think they're all ignorant redneck republicans.
Hey, I resemble that remark. LoL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT