ADVERTISEMENT

My annual post of CELEBRATION!! Shout out to all who have been effected by cancer.....

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
It was 10-years ago that I had my surgery to remove a cancerous testicle. Although my voice is a little higher ;), I am pleased the Good Lord has kept me cancer free.

Summary story - son (7 at the time) and I were wrestling, and he took a shot into my jewels. Pain did not go away and a visit to the urologist prompted immediate ultrasound and surgery less than a week after diagnosis. Doctor is pretty confident my son's punch saved my life as the cancer was undetected at the time.

I was lucky with my situation as I know other cancer patients have had it much much worse.
To all who have had and survived cancer, stay strong, and God Bless.

OL

It was 10-years ago that I had my surgery to remove a cancerous testicle. Although my voice is a little higher ;), I am pleased the Good Lord has kept me cancer free.

Summary story - son (7 at the time) and I were wrestling, and he took a shot into my jewels. Pain did not go away and a visit to the urologist prompted immediate ultrasound and surgery less than a week after diagnosis. Doctor is pretty confident my son's punch saved my life as the cancer was undetected at the time.

I was lucky with my situation as I know other cancer patients have had it much much worse.

OL

So glad you are still cancer free.
I remember that post, doesn't seem that long ago...well I guess it does for you.
Continued good health.

Currently dealing with glioblastoma. Had a successful neurosurgery in December, finished proton and first round of chemo in February, finishing my recovery period today, will have an MRI tomorrow and then meet with the doctor. I'm hoping there are no in pleasant surprises. If no surprises, I will start second round of chemo, 5 days out of every 28 days for 6 months. Glio is a tough one to beat, but I'm hoping for the best.

Reactions: psu00 and PSU77sh
Currently dealing with glioblastoma. Had a successful neurosurgery in December, finished proton and first round of chemo in February, finishing my recovery period today, will have an MRI tomorrow and then meet with the doctor. I'm hoping there are no in pleasant surprises. If no surprises, I will start second round of chemo, 5 days out of every 28 days for 6 months. Glio is a tough one to beat, but I'm hoping for the best.
Wow. Best of luck to you on the follow up visit.

Stay positive ! God bless!!

I f'c<ing hate cancer!! So random, so destructive.

Good luck.

Reactions: fairgambit
God bless catty, stay strong. Former coworker with glio. They gave him 2 years and he's still going strong 7 years later. Looking forward to your post telling us you're cancer free.

Best wishes for a speedy and cancer free recovery.

I will be rooting for you, dude.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Congrats Ohio Lion. To others, get those colonoscopies, colon cancer is one of the easiest to detect and cure if caught early. I had prostate cancer in 2013. Had a Gleason 7. Dr David Lee at Penn performed nerve sparing robotic surgery and I was cancer free with no side effects after about six months.

OL
So sometimes a good kick in the nuts is exactly what we need. ;)

Give it hell, ExCG.

OL

I had kidney cancer 18 years ago. The doctors removed my right kidney but I did not have to go through any chemo or radiation treatments.

I am very blessed to still be alive as the doctors tore an artery while operating. I lost six pints of blood and was in intensive care for a week.

All is good now thanks to our Lord!

I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in late August. I had surgery in early September, followed by 6 chemotherapy sessions. Last chemo was on Christmas eve.
PET-CT scan in late January showed me as disease free. Those of you dealing with it, keep the faith and maintain an attitude. It is not a death sentence. Take kindly the counsel of family and friends

Threads like this humble me. There are people on this board dealing with life and death issues, or serious personal or family problems, and we would never know it except for occasional threads like this. I admire their courage and I am grateful that they have enough faith in this board to share their stories. Hopefully the messages of concern, advice, and prayer, give them strength and ease their burden.

Threads like this humble me. There are people on this board dealing with life and death issues, or serious personal or family problems, and we would never know it except for occasional threads like this. I admire their courage and I am grateful that they have enough faith in this board to share their stories. Hopefully the messages of concern, advice, and prayer, give them strength and ease their burden.

+100.
I started a thread the other week that was just asking about the Opdivo treatment my friend was going through and outpouring of good will and best wishes was humbling.
:)

Hope it all turns out well over the next few days excattyguy. No matter what- stay positive, know that you're in the prayers of all here, and feel free to vent on the board anytime. Sometimes just talking about these things, especially anonymously, can relieve a lot of anxiety and frustration. You know you have the full support of everyone here.

Best of luck to you. You are one very courageous fellow.

Reactions: Corabi94
Hope it all turns out well over the next few days excattyguy. No matter what- stay positive, know that you're in the prayers of all here, and feel free to vent on the board anytime. Sometimes just talking about these things, especially anonymously, can relieve a lot of anxiety and frustration. You know you have the full support of everyone here.
And I hope you are coming along well, psu00. Been in my thoughts.

Reactions: psu00

Oh don't be humbled obli. Celebrate with the rest of us that we/you can take on this monster and kick its ass.

You got this. Just stay positive and know there are a ton of people on this board thinking of you. Keep us posted if possible. God bless.

My best wishes to you excattyguy. Hoping and praying for the best possible outcome.

I also have been dealing with prostate cancer - diagnosed just after Thanksgiving and had the robot surgery in early February. Prognosis is good as all pathology reports say the disease is gone - will have a PSA Blood Test in May to hopefully prove the point.

I am truly blessed and my wishes are for the same outcome to all posting in this thread.

-
My nephew married a girl that glio when she was a senior in high school. Now she is in her mid 30s and the mother of three.

60 Minutes did a segment on killing glios using modified polio viruses at Duke U. Amazing results.

Best wishes.

OL
Last February 13 my husband and I were heading for a Valentine's celebration before my surgery the following Monday. He helped me up a steep curb and I lost my balance, fell and caused him to tumble. He broke his glasses, two ribs and was in agony. The doc commented he was in worse shape than I was following my surgery (he was my driver). Several days later he developed flu like symptoms and a cough that wouldn't go away. After a second visit to urgent care, the doc ordered him to hospital emergency where he was treated for a-fib and told he had leukemia. Quite a shock but turns out the fall was probably a lifesaver.

I made it through three surgeries last year and he is undergoing treatments for CLL. We are trying to stay strong. God bless all who are facing health issues.

Good luck and god bless you and your health and recovery. We have dealt with this in my family. I wish you the best of luck.

I'd like to thank everyone for their best wishes and prayers. I had my MRI today and saw the oncologist. She told me the scan was looked great and showed no signs of a problem. She said she wished she could tell everyone that after the first course of treatment. I'll start the second chemo round Monday at double the dose that I had during the proton radiation. In April the plan is to skip the chemo cycle so they can take care of the hernias I have (when it rains, it pours). One is as big as a softball, but I wasn't stopping the radiation and chemo to deal with them. In May I get another MRI (glio must be aggressively monitored because it is a very aggressive and sneaky cancer with a return rate of over 50%). Also in May, I'll get a second 5 day cycle of chemo at another raised level. At that point I will have reached the target dosage and stay there for the final four cycles. Truthfully, I'm not too concerned for myself; what will be will be. I worry more the effects on my wife and daughter (at University Park in Scheyers). Once again, thanks and best wishes to anyone who is also dealing with cancer or has family or friends who are dealing with cancer. Spin Meister, I'll ask my doctor about the Duke treatment.

Best wishes to all who shared on this thread. It's great hearing the stories of courage, support, and triumph. So glad for those who have beaten it back and best wishes for those in active battle. May each of you have good luck and please report back with good news when you receive it!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT