ADVERTISEMENT

MVP

For decades I have thought that MVP in most team sports, most of the time is a contrived and ridiculous characterization. Not always. To me, it seems that mediocre teams often have clear cut MVP's while outstanding and great teams seldom do.

This PSU team is an Outstanding Team and I cannot honestly pick an a single MVP from it despite the fact that the team has what I believe to have perhaps the greatest college running back of all time on it that happens to have one of the greatest personas of all time.

This team is loaded with game winners. There is a virtual list of MVPs on this squad that includes but is not limited to the following: McSorely, Barkley, Gesicki, Hamilton, Juwan Johnson, Marcus Allen, Cabinda, Shariff Miller...etc etc etc.

When this occurs with a team, my choice for MVP is the head coach and all the contributing assistant coaches. From Dwight Galt to CJF and every assistant coach in between. They developed a group of terrific individual athletes into an outstanding football team. They get collectively my nod for MVP. And, I expect they will do it again and again.

Reactions: PennState_one
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT