ADVERTISEMENT

Mutual Interest. You ever play chicken with a Semi ?*

OldMainProwler

Jan 17, 2004
tumblr_m7qeixj0RN1qzls9ro1_540.gifv

Last edited:
Once when on my way to State College shortly after graduation. I was on 220 and was passing another Semi, when another one was coming the other way.

Never head on, but if they’re dawdling in the left lane I just pass them on the right.

Better question: Have you ever had your life flash in front of your eyes? When I was a kid I read Bill Russell’s autobiography where he talks about seeing his life flash in front of his eyes when he encounters a black mamba during a trip to Africa. “It is true. It happens.” Not long after that I got careless on my bike and had a narrow escape. Once I stopped shaking I gave the whole experience some thought and marveled at how, yes, I had seen my entire life go by in a split second.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU87
Better question: Have you ever had your life flash in front of your eyes? When I was a kid I read Bill Russell’s autobiography where he talks about seeing his life flash in front of his eyes when he encounters a black mamba during a trip to Africa. “It is true. It happens.” Not long after that I got careless on my bike and had a narrow escape. Once I stopped shaking I gave the whole experience some thought and marveled at how, yes, I had seen my entire life in a split second.
If I saw my whole life flash in front of my eyes, it would be so boring it would put me to sleep.

Better question: Have you ever had your life flash in front of your eyes? When I was a kid I read Bill Russell’s autobiography where he talks about seeing his life flash in front of his eyes when he encounters a black mamba during a trip to Africa. “It is true. It happens.” Not long after that I got careless on my bike and had a narrow escape. Once I stopped shaking I gave the whole experience some thought and marveled at how, yes, I had seen my entire life in a split second.
Same experience for me except I was driving at about 3 in the morning. I shouldn’t have been.

Better question: Have you ever had your life flash in front of your eyes? When I was a kid I read Bill Russell’s autobiography where he talks about seeing his life flash in front of his eyes when he encounters a black mamba during a trip to Africa. “It is true. It happens.” Not long after that I got careless on my bike and had a narrow escape. Once I stopped shaking I gave the whole experience some thought and marveled at how, yes, I had seen my entire life go by in a split second.

Driving to Penn State late one night for a game weekend when I was living in Virginia. Northbound on I-81 somewhere around Harrisburg. Going up a long slope that curves to the right. Semi in the right lane and I'm passing. Because the road curves right, I can't see very far in front of me around the semi.

All of a sudden the semi slams on the brakes and pulls rapidly onto the right shoulder. Since it was such a sudden maneuver, it got my attention and I was looking at the truck for a few seconds.

When I looked back up....headlights. Coming directly at me in the left lane. I swerved into the now vacated right lane, and missed a head on with a panel truck by scant yards.

Ok...it wasn't a semi....but being as I was driving a Geo Metro convertible that weighed about 400 lbs with a trunk full of luggage....I would have been road pizza.

That truck driver probably saved my life. If he hadn't given up the right lane.....

I worked in North Jersey and drove the NJ Turnpike which has separate car and truck lanes. I was driving home after dark in the car lanes and looked over in the truck lanes to see an 18 wheeler just feet behind a car with his high beams on and laying on the horn. All of this at over 60 mph. it seemed someone did do something to that driver that could be called playing chicken - or just plain stupid.

My daughter was driving at night on her way back from the Miami area to Naples on Alligator Alley. Suddenly the car in front of her swerved over to the berm and right in front of her were headlights heading her way. She made an emergency maneuver and was just able to avoid the wrong way driver. She immediately called 911 and was connected to the Florida Highway Patrol. She was the first to report the incident. Scoured the news the next couple of days and there wasn’t a peep about the wrong way driver on a major interstate. I would bet they caught the driver before anything disastrous happened and the driver was either in law enforcement or a politician (? Freeh) so it was kept secret and out of the news.

Apparently Old Main Inc. doesn't like CJF not squashing the rumors?

Probably.

Return of a poster?

Sandy and Barron playing with Franklin over USC?

Auburn coming up for a white out?

I'm probably reading too much into it, but OMP was prominent back when the rumors surrounding Joe and the efforts to gently nudge him towards retirement were big in The Den. He hasn't posted anything - under that handle - since 2016. He returns with a post referencing the potential collision of two objects (one clearly bigger than the other) and a recent post with the title 'mutual interest' concerning Franklin. OMP is good at this, but hasn't always been right IIRC. That said - *five* years....reminds me of the good ol' days of Sekrah, LaschOut, MarylandNit....

200.gif

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
I'm probably reading too much into it, but OMP was prominent back when the rumors surrounding Joe and the efforts to gently nudge him towards retirement were big in The Den. He hasn't posted anything - under that handle - since 2016. He returns with a post referencing the potential collision of two objects (one clearly bigger than the other) and a recent post with the title 'mutual interest' concerning Franklin. OMP is good at this, but hasn't always been right IIRC. That said - *five* years....reminds me of the good ol' days of Sekrah, LaschOut, MarylandNit....

200.gif
So how does the bear figure in?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT