ADVERTISEMENT

PSU to play at Michigan St on Black Friday night, rather than Saturday, per ESPN

Well, that's interesting... Of course the Lions are playing in that stadium the day before, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one in terms of encouraging fans would would otherwise root for the Spartans to attend.

Getting this out there now might I suppose encourage some more PSU fans to travel. I mean, Black Friday in Detroit is a lot easier to get to than East Lansing.
right...I may be "in" for that game. Ticket prices will be low, it is a prime-time game, and it will be comfortable. it is a 2.5-hour drive for me. State college is 4 hours.

right...I may be "in" for that game. Ticket prices will be low, it is a prime-time game, and it will be comfortable. it is a 2.5-hour drive for me. State college is 4 hours.
Are you adding on time for the speeding tickets?

And a ways from the students so it will be close to a neutral field.

Eh, not sure about that. A lot of MSU students live in the Detroit metro and will be home for the weekend. They might be more encouraged to go to this than going back to East Lansing earlier and sitting in the cold for a game.

Are you adding on time for the speeding tickets?
He meant from his home in Cleveland.

Detroit is kinda strange Since it is Michigan it seems like it is a really long drive as people think you have to cross Ohio. But it is only about 2/3s the way across Ohio. Lots of W Pa PSU fans will make the trip. And ones hiding out in Suckeye land.

Yeah, I’ve done that drive once, it’s about 400 miles according to google maps….I guess doing at least 100 mph on I-80 and the Ohio Turnpike is doable.

Obli lives in Cleveland I believe. His times check out on Google maps.

Reactions: bison13
Interesting how this came about…..Warren agreeing to PT games in Nov without going to the schools for approval. And now these schools are complaining and one refusing to cooperate. But what does their league contract say? And what did the league’s contract with Warren say?

Do the school contracts with the league give permission for scheduling and negotiating schedules? If those ‘tolerances’ or whatever they call them aren’t in writing they are meaningless. And dI’d the league’s contract with Warren allow him such powers?

For this to be such a major matter of dissent shows a very poor organizational structure and control. And poor management by both the athletic departments and boards of trustees ( or Regents or whatever Important Very Title they go by) of each school.
Have the media contracts actually been signed by all parties or was that left for the new B1G Commissioner to finalize? If they haven't signed then this could even further jeopardize the payouts for the B1G teams and perhaps give USC & UCLA pause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT