ADVERTISEMENT

Most impressive thing you’ve ever seen?

What’s the most impressive thing you’ve ever seen?

• Kasak winning 7 straight in consis with 5 bonus wins & victories over the 1, 3, & 5 seeds

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • Something else

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcpat

Gold Member
Mar 13, 2021
What’s the most impressive thing you’ve ever seen?

I saw Henry Green beat Jimmy Carr in the 1973 Pennsylvania regional high school finals.
Not the PIAA finals, the NW REGIONALS.

A few months after Jimmy Carr won a bronze medal in the Olympics.

That was probably in the top five.

Reactions: lookleft goright
Running into an aircraft carrier at midnight on Nov27, 1985 north of Scotland, and survived it.

Reactions: danoftw
You asked about being hit by an aircraft carrier. I was on a navy AF food provider. We were in heavy seas and could not get our lines over for three hours. At midnight we saw our ship going to the port (left) and directed our helmsman to shift the rudder to the right but he shifted it toward the carrier and we collided and bounced off. Much damage but no lives lost. I was on the bridge and got behind the steel wall for protection. We disconnected and replenished 400 pallets of food and supplies while in port. Not much fun.

Reactions: danoftw
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
How about Penn State going 56-7 in semifinal matches in the Cael era. That's just incredible.
I've seen this stat posted a few times but it is not accurate if counting the entire Cael era at PSU. I didn't bother to count all of the wins, but there have been 9 losses in the semifinals since the 2010 tourney. Still pretty darn impressive.

• Molinaro
  • Long
  • Megaludis
  • Retherford
  • Gulibon
  • Lee
  • Kerkvliet
  • Bartlett
  • Van Ness

I've seen this stat posted a few times but it is not accurate if counting the entire Cael era at PSU. I didn't bother to count all of the wins, but there have been 9 losses in the semifinals since the 2010 tourney. Still pretty darn impressive.

• Molinaro
  • Long
  • Megaludis
  • Retherford
  • Gulibon
  • Lee
  • Kerkvliet
  • Bartlett
  • Van Ness
You're correct

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts