ADVERTISEMENT

More PSU fans in here should be Clemson fans instead

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
Go root for the top dog in a weak conference where you don't have to play well to beat your weak opponents.

If you expect to beat Ohio State AND Michigan every year, then you're simply not realistic.

I'll take a 10-win season and a NY6 Bowl every year especially when 8-5, 9-4 was realistic for this team before the season started.

Go root for the top dog in a weak conference where you don't have to play well to beat your weak opponents.

If you expect to beat Ohio State AND Michigan every year, then you're simply not realistic.

I'll take a 10-win season and a NY6 Bowl every year especially when 8-5, 9-4 was realistic for this team before the season started.
Anyone that didn't think 10-2 was the expectation this year is delusional
I have zero respect for Clemson because of their cupcake schedule
The reality is Penn State must beat Ohio State and Michigan at a higher rate than we do. Right now, this is unacceptable. Sorry you bought into lowering your expectations.
Also, we don't have to play well to win 10 games this year with our pathetic schedule and how far down the Big Ten is this year other than Michigan, Ohio State and maybe us but we'll never know as we won't have a quality win this year even if we win out.

LOL...ok...We are Penn State...not some run of the mill program. In 2013 and 2014, MSU beat Mich and OSU! They beat Michigan again in 2015. Enough excuses...with a program of our size, tradition, fanbase, etc., it is embarrassing what has transpired against the other 'big 3' in our division.

Dont tell me what expectations I’m supposed to have for Penn State football. I graduated from Penn State, I lived at University Park/ State College for 4 years. I’ve been a devoted fan of Penn State since I was in junior high school. I’ll have whatever expectations of Penn State football that I please.

As for your (juvenile) “if you expect to beat Ohio State and Michigan every year” straw-man argument, no one expects that. I expect .500 vs those 2 teams - hold serve at home, or spring an upset on the road. Not 4-14, like Coach Mirage. Not 1 conference title in 9 seasons. That is awful performance for a (now former) blue blood program. That performance is why we are no longer a blue blood program.

If you are ok with that low level of performance, that’s your prerogative. But it is not acceptable to me, and never will be. Penn State is my alma mater - your presumptuous childish insult about decamping to being a Clemson fan is offensive to REAL Penn Staters.

Dont tell me what expectations I’m supposed to have for Penn State football. I graduated from Penn State, I lived at University Park/ State College for 4 years. I’ve been a devoted fan of Penn State since I was in junior high school. I’ll have whatever expectations of Penn State football that I please.

As for your (juvenile) “if you expect to beat Ohio State and Michigan every year” straw-man argument, no one expects that. I expect .500 vs those 2 teams - hold serve at home, or spring an upset on the road. Not 4-14, like Coach Mirage. Not 1 conference title in 9 seasons. That is awful performance for a (now former) blue blood program. That performance is why we are no longer a blue blood program.

If you are ok with that low level of performance, that’s your prerogative. But it is not acceptable to me, and never will be. Penn State is my alma mater - your presumptuous childish insult about decamping to being a Clemson fan is offensive to REAL Penn Staters.
DITTO....10000%.

Reactions: MacNit07
Imho OSU Is still the alpha dog in the big ten unfortunately. PSU has had success vs Michigan. Michigan won big ten last year first since 04. I need to see them win 10+ for a few years before labeling as a top dawg. Just my two cents

I believe pre-season Vegas had the bettable O/U on wins for PSU at 8. PSU was unranked going into the season with most analysts projecting an 8-4 or 7-5 finish. The trolls acting like we were projected to win the b1g East is amusing, but predictable. The fact that we are on-track to finish 10-2 and go to a NY6 bowl is way better than these same childish a-holes were predicting in the pre-season is quite amusing (most of these same trolling a-holes were claiming 7-5 at best.... blah, blah, blah.....). The amount of freshman talent PSU has played, the way they have performed and what PSU has coming back, is actually quite positive for the future. As to the quality of PSU's record, one of the loudest mouthed trolls, who is clearly an ASWPer, told us early on how sPitt could win the b1g West (you know, when ASWP started the season ranked in the Preseason) and then doubled-down on this claim as late as last week! As bad as the ACC blows, especially the Coastal, ASWP just got rolled again last night to go 1-3 in the ACC and 4-4 overall - but ASWP could beat both Purdue and Minny..... and win the b1g West according to this well-known posing-troll. LMAO

Reactions: bytir and bison13
I believe pre-season Vegas had the bettable O/U on wins for PSU at 8. PSU was unranked going into the season with most analysts projecting an 8-4 or 7-5 finish. The trolls acting like we were projected to win the b1g East is amusing, but predictable. The fact that we are on-track to finish 10-2 and go to a NY6 bowl is way better than these same childish a-holes were predicting in the pre-season is quite amusing (most of these same trolling a-holes were claiming 7-5 at best.... blah, blah, blah.....). The amount of freshman talent PSU has played, the way they have performed and what PSU has coming back, is actually quite positive for the future. As to the quality of PSU's record, one of the loudest mouthed trolls, who is clearly an ASWPer, told us early on how sPitt could win the b1g West (you know, when ASWP started the season ranked in the Preseason) and then doubled-down on this claim as late as last week! As bad as the ACC blows, especially the Coastal, ASWP just got rolled again last night to go 1-3 in the ACC and 4-4 overall - but ASWP could beat both Purdue and Minny..... and win the b1g West according to this well-known posing-troll. LMAO
Yes, the youth on this team looks very positive, but where are the OL, DL and LBs coming from and what will their first year performances look like?

Every year? Good grief, are you making stuff up? Every decade?

I couldn’t care less about Vegas over/unders, where PSU was ranked or not, or anything having to do with Pitt. I care that PSU USED to have a blue blood program, and now thanks to Coach Mirage and several other factors, does not. I care that our Head Coach is 1-8 vs OSU and can’t figure out a way to reverse that trend. I care that once again we lost to both UM and OSU and once again will not contend for the division or conference.

Freshman playing? Wanna bet those freshman become sophomores and lose at OSU next season? Didnt think so - you don’t have any more confidence in Coach Mirage than do I - and I have none. 4-14, 1 for 9. That certainly doesn’t inspire confidence in anyone.

Say you don't understand Vegas and betting without saying it.

"I'll take a 10-win season and a NY6 Bowl every year especially when 8-5, 9-4 was realistic for this team before the season started."

Realistic to who? Franklin has recruited a good bit of talent, not top 10 talent, but way above average talent. And together with a 6th year QB that in his 4th year as the starter "realistically" shouldn't be a turnover machine in big games (or otherwise) I believe most PSU fans thought a 9-3 season or better should be expected.

"I'll take a 10-win season and a NY6 Bowl"

Unfortunately Franklin and his team can just "take" the next 4 games as the other teams actually want to win too. And as mediocre as MSU is this season, Franklin has managed to lose to them in the past when they were just as mediocre. The same goes for MD.

As has been said "We are Penn State", and any Penn State football coach that is good enough to give a 10 year big $ contract to should be expected to play even with OSU and UM. Actually, that coach should play them even BEFORE he is rewarded with a 10 year big $ contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: psualt and MacNit07
Honestly, if anyone thought we wouldn't win 10 games this year when they saw the schedule is shows just how far we've fallen

Your life must be full of disappointment. Hope the sun came up for you this morning.

I couldn’t care less about Vegas over/unders, where PSU was ranked or not, or anything having to do with Pitt. I care that PSU USED to have a blue blood program, and now thanks to Coach Mirage and several other factors, does not. I care that our Head Coach is 1-8 vs OSU and can’t figure out a way to reverse that trend. I care that once again we lost to both UM and OSU and once again will not contend for the division or conference.

Freshman playing? Wanna bet those freshman become sophomores and lose at OSU next season? Didnt think so - you don’t have any more confidence in Coach Mirage than do I - and I have none. 4-14, 1 for 9. That certainly doesn’t inspire confidence in anyone.
Abso-freaking-lutely!

Honestly, if anyone thought we wouldn't win 10 games this year when they saw the schedule is shows just how far we've fallen
We have won 6 games not 10. Post here when we get to 10. Indiana, MD, the Gorilla, and MSU will have something to say about if PSU gets to 7 or higher.

We have won 6 games not 10. Post here when we get to 10. Indiana, MD, the Gorilla, and MSU will have something to say about if PSU gets to 7 or higher.
Right--we've only won 6 and the expectation is to win out. If they don't we should all be livid. We have a significant talent advantage so it would be coaching

The preseason O/U for Penn State was 8 1/2, not 8.

I've never seen anybody who expected that.
We could win every game 30-3 and they'd still bitch about not shutting them out or not scoring more than 30 points. They're out there. They live to criticize yet probably never played or coached in any sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT