ADVERTISEMENT

Mid season coaches rankings out — someone is manipulating the rankings

I hear ya, but in the case of our guys that should be consensus #1 (RBY) and #2 (Kerkvliet) earned by their body of work, something else is amok here.

I've now concluded, after reading more, that the idea of someone (or more than one, would that be sometwo?) intentionally leaving either guy completely off of a list of 33 wrestlers just doesn't make sense, and the idea of collusion, where a bunch of coaches rank them low doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is that the manual process of adding guys into the model that were not in the 1st Coaches Ranking is a situation ripe for human error. It appears the same coaches or staff that missed RBY or Kerkvliet did not miss Brooks.

I'd be shocked if the CR is not corrected upon its third installment.
it was one guy that left them off the list. Using RBY as the example, he had 11 #1 votes in the tally and since the high and low numbers are thrown out that means that he only had 13 votes cast his direction. Everyone is assuming that the "no vote" got tossed, but you can't toss out something that doesn't exist. The computer simply sorted the data high to low for each weight/wrestler that received votes and eliminated the first the last entries before summing up to get the score.

Do you if the 33 ranked wrestlers in each weight are the only wrestlers to receive votes?

However, I think it was just sloppy work and not a conspiracy. If this is the case I would expect Zeke to own up and admit the mistake sometime soon.

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.02.10-17_58_07.png

it was one guy that left them off the list. Using RBY as the example, he had 11 #1 votes in the tally and since the high and low numbers are thrown out that means that he only had 13 votes cast his direction. Everyone is assuming that the "no vote" got tossed, but you can't toss out something that doesn't exist. The computer simply sorted the data high to low for each weight/wrestler that received votes and eliminated the first the last entries before summing up to get the score.

Do you if the 33 ranked wrestlers in each weight are the only wrestlers to receive votes?

However, I think it was just sloppy work and not a conspiracy. If this is the case I would expect Zeke to own up and admit the mistake sometime soon.
See tikk's post above. The low was dropped off, which was a ballot that didn't have an RBY vote. That means a second ballot, or one that counted, also did not have RBY on it. Two ballets did not have RBY on it. Seems to be a process failure, nothing intentional.

See tikk's post above. The low was dropped off, which was a ballot that didn't have an RBY vote. That means a second ballot, or one that counted, also did not have RBY on it. Two ballets did not have RBY on it. Seems to be a process failure, nothing intentional.
The explosion of the Challenger Space Shuttle was also a process failure

If this is true, then the 149 offenders were (Eggum or Manning) + (Leen or Reina), and either (Ludwig or Greenlee) foresaw Kerk winning B10s in a month.

If this is true, then the 149 offenders were (Eggum or Manning) + (Leen or Reina), and either (Ludwig or Greenlee) foresaw Kerk winning B10s in a month.

So either Jordan Leen, Brown coach and former Cornell national champ, or Roger Reina, Penn coach whose 149 lber is the next best in the EIWA, left Yianni off their ballot? Hmm, which could it be...

Are the seeds at nationals based on these?
Coaches Ranking is 15% of the HTH comparison that determines seed. Not worried though, as the drama this has created will surely be the cause of fixed rankings for the final one before conference tournaments AND the final-final for the year, released before the NCAA Championships.

Should votes be made public? Would reduce shenanigans if coaches knew their peers would see the results. I recall in Olympic figure skating the voting of each judge is known.
So you are implying that Tanya Harding was ranked first in wrestling, but behind Nancy Kerrigan and a few others in Skating? Asking for a friend…

Coaches Ranking is 15% of the HTH comparison that determines seed. Not worried though, as the drama this has created will surely be the cause of fixed rankings for the final one before conference tournaments AND the final-final for the year, released before the NCAA Championships.
So the same coaches who deliberately left some wrestlers off their lists will magically include them at the end of the month?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT