ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan with 11 players drafted

that Harbaugh guy must be some recruiter.....oh, wait

He walked into a different situation than James Franklin did; let's see how it goes in 2017
Wow. With what he inherited from Hoke you'd think they would have done better.

All those NFL draft picks and yet could only finish third in his division??????

Reactions: broey1
Michigan=Pitt. They both won against us, and therefore their season was a success, in spite of not really winning anything. I guess we really are the measuring stick of achievement.

Might want to at least keep a game close before talking trash. Maybe you'll keep it within 3 scores this year

Jimmy Harbuck.... Two straight 3rd place finishes. Maybe you should win Something before talking trash.

osewo.jpg

Might want to finish higher than third in the division before talking trash.
I never talked smack, I saw a bunch of talk and I pointed out Michigan beat your team by 39 points, so as you guys bag on the 11 draftees realize those player literally destroyed Penn State

I never talked smack, I saw a bunch of talk and I pointed out Michigan beat your team by 39 points, so as you guys bag on the 11 draftees realize those player literally destroyed Penn State
Yet they weren't good enough to win the division. So what's more likely...Michigan played PSU at a time when things weren't clicking yet for PSU and if they played later it would have been a whole different game, or Harbaugh is the most overrated coach in the history of CFB? It's got to be one of those things, so you decide.

So Michigan would rather have 11 players drafted and finish 3rd in their division? Uh, OK. You guys win.

Reactions: psu7981
And those guys literally finished third in the B1G East. But congratulations on beating Penn State. You'll always have that to hang your 2016 hat on.

Last edited:

Come on back and sit a spell when either you win the Big or beat Ohio State. Until then, bye-bye.

We're dealing with that age-old b1g mentality where you don't win anything meaningful, so you hang your hat on one game. That's not the Penn State Way.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

I don't think anyone bagged on the draftees, they bagged on Harbaugh being unable to do better than third in his division for the second year with that talent.

Hoke brought in some good recruits. He wasn't much of a coach, but he was a heck of a recruiter early on.

LdN

Yet they weren't good enough to win the division. So what's more likely...Michigan played PSU at a time when things weren't clicking yet for PSU and if they played later it would have been a whole different game, or Harbaugh is the most overrated coach in the history of CFB? It's got to be one of those things, so you decide.
Maybe, however it's not likethe game was ever in doubt even in the 1st quarter. PSU played a relatively easier schedule down the stretch which helped avoid a second Big Ten loss where Michigan's schedule was back loaded with they're most difficult games at the end of the season. I'm just surprised how much smack talk there is here about a Michigan team that beat your team by 39 in a game that was never close, if they played a little later in the year the game might've been different but Im not seeing a PSU victory regardless (I assume most here would agree). Maybe they were just a bad match up last year

With all of those NFL draft picks, your schedule shouldn't have mattered.

As usual, Michigan does less with more. Michigan always does less with more. You guys have it all, and you just can't get it done.

Yeah, the sanctions, injuries and player ejection certainly helped UM. And PSU trashed Iowa (ya know, the other team that knocked UM out of the playoffs and into third place) nearly as badly as UM trashed PSU. UM's a great program and I'm still young enough to feel the pain of UM owning PSU for about a decade.

But given all the hype, Harbaugh likely didn't outperform Franklin as a coach, especially given the talent and experience gap and his gaffes in a very winnable game in Columbus.

EDIT: AWS, technically this was a reply to your post, but the content was a reaaction to this other guy (truth..whatever) just like your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, however it's not likethe game was ever in doubt even in the 1st quarter. PSU played a relatively easier schedule down the stretch which helped avoid a second Big Ten loss where Michigan's schedule was back loaded with they're most difficult games at the end of the season. I'm just surprised how much smack talk there is here about a Michigan team that beat your team by 39 in a game that was never close, if they played a little later in the year the game might've been different but Im not seeing a PSU victory regardless (I assume most here would agree). Maybe they were just a bad match up last year
Relatively easier schedule that helped them avoid a loss? You mean like OSU? You know the team Michigan lost to? Or Iowa? You know, the team PSU beat like a red headed step child?

I'm just surprised a fan of the third place team in the division would come on the board of the team that won the conference and talk smack.

For the record, I agree with you. In 2016, the programs were in two different places. If I had to bet straight up in a later game on a neutral field, I'd probably pick UM. But where you're wrong is the smack isn't "about a Michigan team." It's about Harbaugh and what he did with what he had. The programs were in different places, yet PSU won the B1G, Harbaugh's team ended up 3rd in its division, lost its most important game of the season (partially because of him--always tough to win in Coumbus but he had the better team IMHO) and then he had 11 players drafted.

EDIT: and by the way, Harbaugh invites the smack. Unfortunately, it's part of what makes him so successful with young players. I've always had a great deal of respect for UM. It's truly a class program. But Harbaugh doesn't represent the program as Bo and LLLoyd did. And I assume you would agree with that. But maybe it's just a sign of the times.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all of those NFL draft picks, your schedule shouldn't have mattered.

As usual, Michigan does less with more. Michigan always does less with more. You guys have it all, and you just can't get it done.

They have it all, but they don't have enough.

Relatively easier schedule that helped them avoid a loss? You mean like OSU? You know the team Michigan lost to? Or Iowa? You know, the team PSU beat like a red headed step child?

I'm just surprised a fan of the third place team in the division would come on the board of the team that won the conference and talk smack.

Never be surprised by the stupid and misplaced arrogance of a michigan athletic supporter.

Might want to at least keep a game close before talking trash. Maybe you'll keep it within 3 scores this year

Might want to actually anslyze your competition that day and check how many injuries we had, and who was available to play for us. Just wish we played that game 6 weeks later. Doubt the score would have been 49-10
Enjoy that victory, cause come this October, be ready for a nice revenge beatdown. Oh, and if you don't believe me, ask your neighbor Mark D'antonio. He knows all about it

Reactions: Mudge1026
Never be surprised by the stupid and misplaced arrogance of a michigan athletic supporter.
Michigan- we've gotten more mileage out of a half a national championship than any other college in history. And we're still considered one of two elite Big 10 teams, yet we haven't won a Big championship since 2004. (Notre Dame called, they want their overrating back).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT