ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan/NCAA/Patterson

Parf

Jan 21, 2012
I read in some sports pub that Paterson may be eligible for another year at Michigan...something about playing in only 3 games his freshman year at Ole Miss. Is there any doubt that If Michigan wants it to happen, the NCAA will make it happen...especially in light of next years QB situation if Paterson is gone.

I don’t believe the 4-game redshirt rule was in place then. Might be completely wrong, but his freshman year was still rule of game played, redshirt shot.
Play four games and redshirt came with the 2018 season.

OL

Not sure how it's going to work out, but the future is bright either way. Jim probably has one of the top one-two punches in CF football next year with the QB combo of McCaffrey and Milton. 99% of the rest of CF is envious and rightly so. McCaffrey is a future high NFL draft pick. But the big one is 5-star, 2021 commit JJ McCarthy who is considered by many to be the best national HS QB in a decade or so. GO BLUE !!!

Not sure how it's going to work out, but the future is bright either way. Jim probably has one of the top one-two punches in CF football next year with the QB combo of McCaffrey and Milton. 99% of the rest of CF is envious and rightly so. McCaffrey is a future high NFL draft pick. But the big one is 5-star, 2021 commit JJ McCarthy who is considered by many to be the best national HS QB in a decade or so. GO BLUE !!!

Yep, all of college football is envious of the formula used to take all those top recruits and still manage to get pummeled year after year by Oh-high-ya....

And all of college football is also amazed and envious that a team could use all that talent to finish no better than second in the B10 since before most of all college football fans were even born.

giphy.gif

The ultimate lurker, creepy buckeye wolve. It is a tired routine...

Supposedly Patterson is not interested in returning. From the sounds of things the Michigan faithful do NOT want him back. I’m guess Harbaugh is already looking thru the portal for his next QB.

The new red shirt rule is not applicable retroactively.

If it could be, it already would have been used.

Wolverette and Jimmah and all the whorverine fans crawl on their knees up the pyramids of Giza hourly to blow Emmert daily. So, what do you think will happen? GO BLOW! You still haven't won anything in 2 decades. Wolve..... you never will.

Supposedly Patterson is not interested in returning. From the sounds of things the Michigan faithful do NOT want him back. I’m guess Harbaugh is already looking thru the portal for his next QB.

Maybe that's the problem. Harbaugh can't find his biennial transfer QB so now he's trying to get Patterson to stay. If the guy could recruit his own QBs he wouldn't need to comb through the transfer portal.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Sounds like 9-3 again baby!!

I’m sure osu is quaking. You may win one after 10 years? 12?

Interesting his 2 back-ups are mentioned above. I just read a story today about UM coaches maybe finding another grad transfer or immediately eligible transfer as there is thought the 2 in the program aren't ready.

Do they really want Harbaugh back?

Wonder how many of Jimmy's studs will survive their bowl game vs Bama.... If Bama knocks out all of their stud QB's maybe the NCAA will give them an exemption to allow Jimmy to accept 5 extra QB transfers!! ;);)

On January 1st Hairbaugh may be on his way out of Ann Arbour... :(:(

UM is 6-15 in the years they have been beaten by Oh-high-ya. Not alot of people know that...:confused::confused::confused:

I have a good friend that has contacts at Michigan. He’s been told they are happy with the direction Harbaugh is taking them. He has little to pressure on him.

Hard to believe that. So they are happy with third place finishes annually?
Had a client whose son went to UM. Met the kid once and told him I went to PSU. During the chat he mentions their goal is to make the Rose Bowl. I said our goal was to win the MNC. This was before CFP, but maybe the mindset is still the same there.

Why would UM fans want to jettison Jimmy? That’s as goofy as the nut cases here that want Franklin gone. I think he’s a douche, but the guy wins around ten games a year. The failures against OSU are really embarrassing but not terminal for him. Hell, BO couldn’t win a bowl game to save his ass and today he’s revered as a God by Michigan fans.

Down at the core he’s a Michigan Man, one of them. As delusional as they are, provided that he continues to win other sacrificial lambs will be offered up for any shortcomings. More likely if they get blown out by Bama THE DON BROWN will probably catch the proverbial bullet in the back of his head.

Hasn’t UM had talent all along and “Jim” still can’t do better than third place?

Why would UM fans want to jettison Jimmy? That’s as goofy as the nut cases here that want Franklin gone. I think he’s a douche, but the guy wins around ten games a year. The failures against OSU are really embarrassing but not terminal for him. Hell, BO couldn’t win a bowl game to save his ass and today he’s revered as a God by Michigan fans.

Down at the core he’s a Michigan Man, one of them. As delusional as they are, provided that he continues to win other sacrificial lambs will be offered up for any shortcomings. More likely if they get blown out by Bama THE DON BROWN will probably catch the proverbial bullet in the back of his head.

Reminds me.....what’s the Vegas Over/Under betting line for the number of “Don Brown” mentions during their bowl telecast?

Reactions: blmr31 and Ski
Reminds me.....what’s the Vegas Over/Under betting line for the number of “Don Brown” mentions during their bowl telecast?
Well, he's the creator of the "Vaunted" Don Brown Defense. I think it might be "Revered" too. The feared, vaunted and revered. Hopefully they can keep Alabama under 60

Well depending on what you drink after every time they mention his name you will either be horribly bloated or blind drunk.

Thanks Baghdad Wolve

Hey,Wolve, would you say Gattis’s offense is more for a dual threat or a pro-style Q?
I looked up your recruit JJ and see he is a pro-style. Honest comment; I thought Gattis was bringing more RPO to UM.
JJ is the 5th rated pro-style Q in his class.

OL

If Patterson comes back next year it would remind me of that season when Florida State has Chris Weinke and he was like 27 years old.

Well, he's the creator of the "Vaunted" Don Brown Defense. I think it might be "Revered" too. The feared, vaunted and revered. Hopefully they can keep Alabama under 60

No chance if he insists on playing 1 on 1 against ‘Bama’s wideouts.

Jimbo is putting in an order for his next QB. Emmert will force whoever he wants ............into the portal. Oh, the student-athlete will be traumatized by being ripped from .....his friends and will able to play immediately. OSU has also put in similar requests at multiple positions that are expected to be filled shortly. Having an Amazon Prime membership, OSU is expecting ..........next day delivery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT