ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan fan here, congrats on the win but I have a comment

Chrissakes, dad, I assume you're never on top during sex with your Nancy attitude.

41x5dt%2BjcUL._SX355_.jpg

The scattered Michy fans in our area were loud mouthed D-bags who were lucky to not get their assess kicked and by PSU fans who were older and looked like mellow people to boot. I just observed all of this amazed that they would talk such shit while being outnumbered 40-1.

To the OP: it is somewhat disheartening to hear that, but as mentioned by other posters, we as PSU fans, typically take a lot of shit.

I was in Ann Harbor 4 years ago, and can honesty say, the fans were far more accommodating and generous than my experiences at OSU and Pitt. I’m not sure if it was because Michigan was down or if UM fans are just genuinely a friendly bunch.

That said, the score from last year’s game was thrown in our face for the last year over social media. Same with the Pitt score from last year.

This year, the complete opposite has occurred and we’re reminded that we don’t have class.

It goes both ways. That’s all there is to
It.

Last edited:
Generosity and class are a key part of PSU culture and it would be a sad day if this changed.[/QUOTE]

Geez, I'd think you'd pick up on the passion of a college football game instead of throwing out your Michigan man bullshit. People, especially kids get caught up in the moment, so it has to be expected. It has been that way for years. Hell, I remember a group of kids from WVU back in the sixties getting onto the track at Beaver stadium that surrounded the field at the time. They opened a banner that said "F$ck Penn State". Was that courage, stupidity, or passion? I say it was the latter. If you think this is strictly a Penn State thing, you're a fool.

I have been to every Michigan PSU game, traveling from LA, at Beaver since 1993. I have been treated so well and have enjoyed myself so much that my daughter is a now junior at PSU, so we are a house divided. I pay full pop out of state tuition for her to enjoy the PSU experience and she is a super fan.

This year was my 11th game. I was hassled more this week by students than in the previous 10 years combined. And I was not alone from my conversations with other Michigan fans.

Generosity and class are a key part of PSU culture and it would be a sad day if this changed.

I live in Colorado. hence the Colorado Man name, I have been a lifetime fan of Penn State. I believe it to be one of the finest institutions in the country. Thon, Lift for Life, et. al. I hate to hear that you were disrespected. Thanks to you and your daughter for your many years of devotion to a University that I love so much.

Last edited:
I have been to every Michigan PSU game, traveling from LA, at Beaver since 1993. I have been treated so well and have enjoyed myself so much that my daughter is a now junior at PSU, so we are a house divided. I pay full pop out of state tuition for her to enjoy the PSU experience and she is a super fan.

This year was my 11th game. I was hassled more this week by students than in the previous 10 years combined. And I was not alone from my conversations with other Michigan fans.

Generosity and class are a key part of PSU culture and it would be a sad day if this changed.

I live in Colorado. hence the Colorado Man name, I have been a lifetime fan of Penn State. I believe it to be one of the finest institutions in the country. Thon, Life for Life, et. al. I hate to hear that you were disrespected. Thanks to you and your daughter for your many years of devotion to a University that I love so much.

Festivus is December 23.

Did you happen to wear a red cowboy hat to the game?

Everything is above board until somebody steals your foam hat.
s-l300.jpg

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. There were several UM fans in my section WCU and other than a couple of "Michigan sucks" from one drunk fan I did not witness any inappropriate treatment of the visitors. There are always a few jackasses in any fanbase.

The scattered Michy fans in our area were loud mouthed D-bags who were lucky to not get their assess kicked and by PSU fans who were older and looked like mellow people to boot. I just observed all of this amazed that they would talk such shit while being outnumbered 40-1.

Saw some similar things in NEU. They were going at it pretty good and really getting into it with the row of PSU fans in front of them. If the game would have continued at the mid 2nd quarter pace it would have gotten very ugly. As it was they slipped out after the first PSU TD in the 3rd quarter. Have to say they got it pretty good from the surrounding crowd when they left. LOL.

Reactions: m48tank

Hey buddy - when your fans, your teams players run their mouth for an entire year in person, social media and tv, you're gonna have a bad time when karma catches up to you.

Plus I'm sure you're proud that this Michigan player gave the finger to your daughter last night.

22552915_10156144184420663_321809236238439691_o.jpg

Think of it this way before attending ANY away game. It's like the gang culture. You wear your "colors" in another gangs neighborhood you take a risk. Same as when they step into your hood. Just be happy there aren't any drive bys

Sorry to hear about your experience. Gotta tel you though I have been to Michigan 3 times and I was harassed all 3 times before the scandal. I went to the Michigan board last night and all they say is ped state and rape etc. it really is too bad but I think Penn Staters are tired of the harrassment and are really pushing back. I hope it ends soon and we can get back to football. I like to travel but man we get harassed pretty poorly now. One guy came into my restaurant several weeks ago and I tried to strike up a conversation like I do with all visitors especially from the big ten and he was very condescending and brushed me off. My wife overheard the conversation and said we are rooting for msu tonight. We know how that went.

You need a hug?

It happens everywhere, not just here. Seems the kiddies get a little wound up ( and hey, they're young ) still no excuse really.

I believe I saw CJF and Moorhead chuckling on the sideline in the second half... and suddenly I felt really good about everything :)

I saw that, but I think they were simply enjoying their team's performance and were not having a good time at um's expense.

Reactions: step.eng69

Sorry to hear this Usually it is the opposite Only Columbus is regarded as the bad stop Hope it is the last time it happens

I knew this was not going to be a good thread for daddy when I see " congratulation, BUT.
Please, I would like to hear your response to PSU4814's comment regarding Michigan man Lavert Hill giving the double bird to your daughter. I'll wait (cue Jeopardy song).
Since I'm sure this is not tolerated in the Harbaugh Michigan FB culture, please come back and let us know his punishment.

The group of UM students sitting near us were very cordial. Had good conversation throughout the night.

So I bet you are super thrilled you got that off of your chest. Cool.

I think kids have less class everywhere. There is no excuse but it is reality

Reactions: BBrown
I knew this was not going to be a good thread for daddy when I see " congratulation, BUT.
Please, I would like to hear your response to PSU4814's comment regarding Michigan man Lavert Hill giving the double bird to your daughter. I'll wait (cue Jeopardy song).
Since I'm sure this is not tolerated in the Harbaugh Michigan FB culture, please come back and let us know his punishment.

The group of UM students sitting near us were very cordial. Had good conversation throughout the night.

Appreciate the support mate but this guy won't be back. He had much too hard a fall from his high horse.

Sorry to hear that but I will tell you why. All UM fans could say all year long....49-10, 49-10. Your coach ran it up and rubbed our noses in it last year when 7 of our defensive starters were out. UM fans are the worst in college football. Arrogant to the max. 10 times worse than Ohio State. Worse than any SEC school. I am very happy your daughter is one of us.
I've only been to Ann Arbor for one PSU vs. UM game. I was treated fine. I'm sure you get idiots on both sides, especially when they've been drinking all day.

I

I'm sorry that detracted from your game experience.

Can you define hassled?

I was at the game with my friend who is a Michigan alum who was decked out in full gear. He got a couple of good natured "Boos", a handful of "Welcome to Happy Valleys", a couple of "Enjoy the games" and while we were walking through the tailgating lots, a woman ran up to him from 30 yards away to give him a shot of vodka (I was a little hurt she didn't offer me one, but a shot was the last thing I needed at the time).

I really didn't see anything in our section (north endzone) that was inappropriate either.

Last edited:

I honestly think its two things are happening with the recent Michigan - Penn State rivalry and increased " attitude"...

Many PSU fans just do not like Harbaugh...

1) his arrogance and recruiting style ( besides making $9 million a year for 3rd place finishes?) makes many of us look at the Michigan Team in a very different light. Though after the game the fact he would not even mention Saquan's name ? You can't tell me he is "stupid" for not remembering a Heisman Award candidate? No...just another example of his arrogance..which feeds off to the dislike many have again for the Wolverines.

2) What he did LY...having a linemen ? run in in TD was classless...absolutely classless. Again...just another example of what your 2nd Highest Paid Coach in College does...and it rubs off on the rest of how many feel about the University.

My .02...

I honestly think its two things are happening with the recent Michigan - Penn State rivalry and increased " attitude"...

2) What he did LY...having a linemen ? run in in TD was classless...absolutely classless. Again...just another example of what your 2nd Highest Paid Coach in College does...and it rubs off on the rest of how many feel about the University.

My .02...
Wasn't that Dantonio?? Or did Harbaugh do it last year too?

Reactions: razpsu

1) his arrogance and recruiting style ( besides making $9 million a year for 3rd place finishes?) makes many of us look at the Michigan Team in a very different light. Though after the game the fact he would not even mention Saquan's name ? You can't tell me he is "stupid" for not remembering a Heisman Award candidate? No...just another example of his arrogance..which feeds off to the dislike many have again for the Wolverines.

My .02...
I thought he was very complimentary after the game.

Also you are mixing up coaches with regard to your number two point

I've only been to Ann Arbor for one PSU vs. UM game. I was treated fine. I'm sure you get idiots on both sides, especially when they've been drinking all day.

Agree but what amazes me is the "idiot" fans that act that way at the teams Home stadium.
I saw some really classless actions by some Michigan fans on Sat. night that I thought the PSU fans showed great restraint in not
beating the living hell out of them.
I've had season tickets since '89 and by far the most arrogant, douche baggery fans are Michigan fans. Yep even more so than Pitt and OSU.

Michigan CB Lavert Hill issues apology forinappropriate gestures at Penn State crowd pic.twitter.com/kW5j3avRhh

— Nick Baumgardner (@nickbaumgardner) October 23, 2017

What he did was stupid and classless for sure. Was glad he apologized.

Reactions: OhioLion
I am a little disheartened by our fans on here making excuses for crappy behavior. There are no excuses, we are better than that.
I agree that some of the Michigan fans I saw were asking for it, literally in some cases, we are better than that.

I will also add that as I get older, I have less tolerance for obnoxious drunken behavior. In the green lot, I saw a dude go to catch a football and fall face first into a car. He broke the tail light, with his face! But then got up and ran away like a punk. They found the dude and he apologized and I assume agreed to pay, but come on man, handle your liquor or don't drink it.

We shouldn't be making excuses for trashy behavior. That isn't Penn State.

I am also reminded how annoying this board gets when we are good. It has been a minute.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT