ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Caved

Is there a bigger idiot than McAfee - I can't watch that show for more than 2 minutes - ESPN has found a way to get even dumber which I thought wasn't possible.
I agree 100%
We aren't who they're targeting though--unless your in your teens to early 20s lol

Where are the Michigan dolts from last week. Need an explanation of this from the “nothing to see here” viewpoint.

When the only talking points the certain ones had were "injunction, dummy", it said all I needed to hear.

This is beginning to resemble the last half of the movie “Good Fellas”, there after the airport robbery many of the participants get greased. Stalions, now Partridge, Jimmy under a NCAA investigation. Maybe we could start a pool to see who’s next.

This is beginning to resemble the last half of the movie “Good Fellas”, there after the airport robbery many of the participants get greased. Stalions, now Partridge, Jimmy under a NCAA investigation. Maybe we could start a pool to see who’s next.
I love the analogy. Who is the Jimmy Conway in this story?

from the article:

Multiple sources say that Partridge is not alleged at this time of knowing about the advanced scouting by Stalions, but acted after the fact to cover up evidence. Sources tell Yahoo Sports that a booster — named in the NCAA report as "Uncle T" — helped fund the scheme, giving Stalions thousands of dollars for expenses.

from the article:

Multiple sources say that Partridge is not alleged at this time of knowing about the advanced scouting by Stalions, but acted after the fact to cover up evidence. Sources tell Yahoo Sports that a booster — named in the NCAA report as "Uncle T" — helped fund the scheme, giving Stalions thousands of dollars for expenses.
If this turns out to be true, no way the NCAA will let them play post-season and no way Harbaugh returns next year.

from the article:

Partridge clearly acted as a lone wolf in covering this up and Uncle T was a lone wolf regarding the payments. All these Lone Wolves working to destroy Harbaugh’s pack won’t be successful.

from the article:

Tim Smith. Circle of Champions. That's what is out there for the uncle.

Tim Smith. Circle of Champions. That's what is out there for the uncle.
It would seem the NCAA shared this data with UM who immediately fired the LB coach. And if the booster is involved, you've got to go to the "loss of institutional control" card. Any bold words from UM's president today?

06824dd3-718c-4559-b4fa-f5206f562128_text.gif

from the article:

While several of my family members refer to me as “Uncle T”, I’m stating unequivocally that the aforementioned Uncle T is not me. And any attempt to claim or insulate otherwise will be deemed as character assignation by my Legal representatives and strenuously defended with great financial loss to any offenders. Carry on and have a Rainbow 🌈 Day.

While several of my family members refer to me as “Uncle T”, I’m stating unequivocally that the aforementioned Uncle T is not me. And any attempt to claim or insulate otherwise will be deemed as character assignation by my Legal representatives and strenuously defended with great financial loss to any offenders. Carry on and have a Rainbow 🌈 Day.
tobias-hanging.gif

Reactions: Thomas1945
People who think Harbaugh did not know and the OC and DC did not know are not in touch with reality. He is on the sidelines talking to all three during the game with cards in his hand. Yet people are saying he did not know. Take that garbage somewhere else. To me, they sound stupid just saying it.
Both coordinators should also have been suspended.

It's not actually possible to definitively prove he didn't know. The best they can do is say there's no proof he did.
Courts use circumstantial evidence all the time to prove intent in criminal matters and in civil fraud matters. You don't have to prove 100%, what is going on in a person's mind because that is impossible. However, circumstantial evidence of past practices and dealings is considered very good evidence and admissible in court. That is enough to tie ,potentially, Harbaugh to the cheating even if there isn't a direct email where he engages in the cheating. Parenthetically, DNA evidence is circumstantial evidence and of course is very strong evidence which is admissible in court.

Listened to the Mike Greenberg ESPN sports show this morning while driving. His co-host stated that he had inside knowledge that what we know it's just the tip of the iceberg. He also stated that coaches demonstrated through film review that Michigan had a continuing massive advantage through its cheating and he specifically mentioned the way Michigan slanted against Penn State runs.

Both sides are still playing the cards they're dealt. Michigan didn't agree to this without getting something in return. Do people think Michigan lost this battle?
Yes, they definitely did.

Yes, they definitely did.

Things like destroying evidence and "unknown" back channel booster funding of illegal gameday clandestine ops tend to bring something into play that rhymes with "schmoss of schminstitutional schmontrol". Clearly a win, right?

Both coordinators should also have been suspended.
I hear you and don't disagree. The problem is that such deep cuts would have made it difficult to realistically have the game. You take out hairball and the coordinators and what do you have? Then some kid gets hurt and files a lawsuit. So they opted to suspend Harbaugh to protect their image. They did something! But they fell short of canceling the game. Which was probably option #2.

I suspect, within the next six months, UM will have to vacate these wins anyway. But to cancel the game would have cost a LOT of money to HV, PSU, Michigan, Networks, commercial time buyers, employees, etc.

Reactions: LMTLION
Things like destroying evidence and "unknown" back channel booster funding of illegal gameday clandestine ops tend to bring something into play that rhymes with "schmoss of schminstitutional schmontrol". Clearly a win, right?
Michigan is proper f****d.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Listened to the Mike Greenberg ESPN sports show this morning while driving. His co-host stated that he had inside knowledge that what we know it's just the tip of the iceberg. He also stated that coaches demonstrated through film review that Michigan had a continuing massive advantage through its cheating and he specifically mentioned the way Michigan slanted against Penn State runs.
Rick Neuheusel and Chris Childers both said they have heard a lot more could come out about Michigan… and if it does it will be very bad!!

Wasn’t “Uncle Ted” the moniker for one of the more arrogant Michigan a$$holes that frequented this board during game week the last few years? Do we have any screenshots of some of his arrogant posts? There may be evidence buried in there. 😀

Wasn’t “Uncle Ted” the moniker for one of the more arrogant Michigan a$$holes that frequented this board during game week the last few years? Do we have any screenshots of some of his arrogant posts? There may be evidence buried in there. 😀
Ole Ted

Reactions: paddoce
People who think Harbaugh did not know and the OC and DC did not know are not in touch with reality. He is on the sidelines talking to all three during the game with cards in his hand. Yet people are saying he did not know. Take that garbage somewhere else. To me, they sound stupid just saying it.
I agree.

Let’s pretend they didn’t know what Stalions was up to. This no name staffer just happens to come up to both the O and D coordinators, as well as the head coach, and tell them what play is coming so they can make their calls? The coordinators and Harby don’t have him removed but rather listen intently and accept it without question? They don’t notice the laminated cards of the other teams plays in his hands? They don’t ask him how the hell he knows this?

It just defies all reality.

If this turns out to be true, no way the NCAA will let them play post-season and no way Harbaugh returns next year.
I wouldn’t be so sure. The ncaa is very slow and inefficient. They also think that removing wins after they happen is a real punishment.

I wouldn’t be so sure. The ncaa is very slow and inefficient. They also think that removing wins after they happen is a real punishment.

Michigan has 90 days to respond to anything the NCAA does. The only way Michigan isn’t in the playoff (assuming they finish in the top 4) is if the school does so voluntarily to save themselves the embarrassment of vacating it later, which we know they won’t do.

Michigan has 90 days to respond to anything the NCAA does. The only way Michigan isn’t in the playoff (assuming they finish in the top 4) is if the school does so voluntarily to save themselves the embarrassment of vacating it later, which we know they won’t do.

Yep. Lots of rumors there’s more to come out but who knows if that’s true.

We have a school caught red handed cheating. One of their coaches is filmed disguised as a different school’s coach on the sideline to steal signals. Michigan has never denied they cheated- just said it didn’t really matter and other people did it too. Now we have another coach dismissed for destroying evidence.

And the best the Big Ten can do is to suspend Harby for 3.5 hours on 3 Saturdays but let him remain in charge and coach the rest of the week?

Then they make an agreement that IF he accepts the suspension the conference will drop their investigation of Michigan?? I didn’t realize conference punishments were non binding and up for negotiation.

It’s the weakest suspension in history.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT