ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan asks victims of sexual assault to come forward day after criminal investigation ended

I love pounding on UM as much as anyone. I just have a hard time turning my head away from Lou Anna Simon and Ed Ray. They crushed Paterno and PSU knowing full well it was happening in their schools. I get that Bo knew. Would have he blasted Paterno too?
Bo, who as AD during the time that PSU jointed the Big 10, was not a fan of PSU. My guess is that he would have blasted Joe.

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/2010/6/22/1523717/penn-state-history-joining-the-big

Last edited:
I especially appreciate the apologists who say maybe Bo didn't understand what was and wasn't common medical procedure.

"A University of Michigan student told Bo Schembechler he was sexually assaulted by Dr. Richard Anderson, a lawsuit alleged Thursday. This happened in 1982, when the student, known as John Doe 17, was examined by Anderson for migraine headaches and said he was digitally penetrated."

https://amp.freep.com/amp/5551666002

Somehow, this story feels very appropriate for a Michigan Man.

Michigan Man: Doctor, I am having migraines.
Doctor: Something is negatively affecting your brain. We need to check it out. Drop your pants and bend over.
Michigan Man: Makes sense to me.............

Bo
Same article quotes Bo's son Glenn as saying that if Bo knew about it, he would have fired Anderson. He denies Bo ever being told.

Given others may indicate they told Bo (and they may already have, can't recall), denying he knew may prove futile. Bo passing the info on to Canham perhaps indicates he followed the approved protocol. Canham doing nothing with the info, if true, is the issue, imo.

Similar, yet significant differences, between the weaselrine case and ours. JVP acted, PSU's AD acted. One incident reported internally at PSU after a prior one being reported to police, vs. multiple internal reports at UM (and MSU and tOSU).

It is getting tougher and tougher to make the argument that PSU officials did anything wrong. We know the 'conspiracy to hide' allegation was without merit anyway.

Give us back our $60mm fine with interest. Make UM and MSU and tOSU pay their share.... which should be >$120mm each for the relative lack of action and vetted victims.

Bo was told in the early '80s about Anderson. Bo became AD in 1988. Anderson was on UM's medical staff till 2003. Bo could have easily had Anderson removed from UM's medical staff but never chose to do so. So his son's statement doesn't hold water.

Bo
Same article quotes Bo's son Glenn as saying that if Bo knew about it, he would have fired Anderson. He denies Bo ever being told.

Given others may indicate they told Bo (and they may already have, can't recall), denying he knew may prove futile. Bo passing the info on to Canham perhaps indicates he followed the approved protocol. Canham doing nothing with the info, if true, is the issue, imo.

Similar, yet significant differences, between the weaselrine case and ours. JVP acted, PSU's AD acted. One incident reported internally at PSU after a prior one being reported to police, vs. multiple internal reports at UM (and MSU and tOSU).

It is getting tougher and tougher to make the argument that PSU officials did anything wrong. We know the 'conspiracy to hide' allegation was without merit anyway.

Give us back our $60mm fine with interest. Make UM and MSU and tOSU pay their share.... which should be >$120mm each for the relative lack of action and vetted victims.

Bo was told in the early '80s about Anderson. Bo became AD in 1988. Anderson was on UM's medical staff till 2003. Bo could have easily had Anderson removed from UM's medical staff but never chose to do so. So his son's statement doesn't hold water.

Reactions: greenpeach
Bo didn't know !!!! The people that claim he did are Communists. Bo represented everything that is right in CF and the world in general. He's regarded by most as one of the top 2 or 3 CF coaches of all time

Bo didn't know !!!! The people that claim he did are Communists. Bo represented everything that is right in CF and the world in general. He's regarded by most as one of the top 2 or 3 CF coaches of all time
We can finally agree on something! Bo indeed was top 2 or 3 alltime in worst Bowl game record at 5-12. In fact, ole Bo is #1 worst alltime bowl record for coaches with 12 or more appearances.
Of course, your buddy Jimmah is even better at 1-4. Michigan, the program of Bowl Game losers.

Last edited:
Reactions: odshowtime

^^ From now on, that fight song will always be synonymous with the systemic sexual abuse of defenseless student-athletes at the University of Michigan.

Last edited:
Reactions: odshowtime

So not only was systemic sexual abuse of student-athletes institutionalized at the University of Michigan, but so was the added dimension of RACE-motivated systemic sexual abuse of minority student-athletes.

It’s getting harder and harder to keep turning the other cheek as we find out that so many of our conference “brethren,” which were oh so quick to pile on in 2011-12, did so while simultaneously sweeping their own scandals under the rug.

And why is karma being so easy on them? We had a full-on assault screaming to burn our campus to the ground. I keep hearing crickets out of Ann Arbor, Columbus, and East Lansing.

Finally, isn’t there a conference trophy named for Bo? By the standard set in 2012, shouldn’t there not be?

Former Pro Bowl DB, Dwight Hicks was sexually assaulted at Michigan. But when he arrived there as a football player in 1974, he was introduced to Dr. Robert Anderson, the late team physician who is accused of sexual abuse by numerous men examined by him during routine physicals and other visits.

“What happened to me in that room with Dr. Anderson,” Hicks said, “I have no words for.”

Hicks, a retired safety who went on to play eight years in the NFL and earned four Pro Bowl invitations with the San Francisco 49ers, recounted his experiences with Anderson during a news conference Wednesday. Hicks said his goal was to provide a voice for other victims but wouldn’t go as far to corroborate a claim that former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler knew of Anderson’s behavior, which was made by an unidentified former student play-by-play announcer in a lawsuit filed last month.

Well, I will corroborate since the worm has turned..Bo Knew. I heard players told him they were assaulted and he flung sh&t at them saying "I don't have time. I have another Rose Bowl to lose"

Well, I will corroborate since the worm has turned..Bo Knew. I heard players told him they were assaulted and he flung sh&t at them saying "I don't have time. I have another Rose Bowl to lose"

I heard that too.

NPR goes deep, claims "thousands" of victims at Michigan, "especially once he started working full time at the Athletic Department... it was kind of a machine."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT