ADVERTISEMENT

MIAMI COULD HAVE KNEELED TO RUN THE CLOCK OUT!!! LOSE 0N HAIL MARY!!!

Instead they fumble and GT wins on a hail mary!!!!! Crazyyy!!!

Wasn't a Hail Mary - GT only needed a FG to tie game. They had moved ball into Miami territory and the ball was thrown to a receiver well, short of goal line (play was snapped with 10 seconds on a stopped clock). Had Miami tackled receiver immediately, GT likely has to get downfield quickly after 1st down, spike ball and kick FG. But Miami's defensive scheme so bad that GT receiver caught ball around 15 yard line behind defender and no defenders behind him.... runs it in for TD.

Here ya go ;)-

Last edited:
Mario deserves all the crap he gets for that call. Freeman, too. Both should be shown the door or receive huge pay cuts. You don’t get that kind of $$$ for doing what they did. Freeman honeymoon is over especially now after the 10 man x 2 debacle. Both need to go back to position coaching. We expect that from Locksley/Gattis….

Reactions: LandoComando
Mario deserves all the crap he gets for that call. Freeman, too. Both should be shown the door or receive huge pay cuts. You don’t get that kind of $$$ for doing what they did. Freeman honeymoon is over especially now after the 10 man x 2 debacle. Both need to go back to position coaching. We expect that from Locksley/Gattis….
Agreed. Brohm completely outcoached Freeman but I feel like Freeman gets outcoached most weeks so not real shocking.

Pay cuts..... now that's funny...

There's no question they should have taken a knee - GT had no TOs and Miami fumbled on a 3rd down play snapped with something like 40 seconds remaining. They could have taken 2 knees - and 3-point game is over.
Remind you of something…Bloomington on our minds….???

Reactions: bdgan
Agree

Cristobal is getting a ton of criticism for this rightly so, but shouldn't we all remember one play doesn't decide an outcome alone? Their QB threw a bunch of interceptions, the defense was abysmal on that last series no? Ball on the 30, 26 seconds, no timeouts and Miami's D lets georgia tech get behind them twice to go down the entire field in 2 plays....all around awful.

Reactions: brupsu
Cristobal is getting a ton of criticism for this rightly so, but shouldn't we all remember one play doesn't decide an outcome alone? Their QB threw a bunch of interceptions, the defense was abysmal on that last series no? Ball on the 30, 26 seconds, no timeouts and Miami's D lets georgia tech get behind them twice to go down the entire field in 2 plays....all around awful.
Still coaches responsible for players out of position.

Reactions: ram2020
True…but when your win probability should be 100% and you lose the game because you can’t do the math to figure it out, the coach deserves to get hammered.

One play doesn't but when taking a knee ends the game...you control the outcome. I agree with the rest. How their D allowed guys to get behind them twice is unfathomable.

Last edited:
I don't agree.

Football is a competition. Mistakes like interceptions and the defense getting beat are not just part of the game, they are "the" game. What Miami did was simply insanely stupid. I guess football IQ is also part of the game. But when you do something so dumb, you deserve to get called out on it. I don't think it, of itself, is a fireable offense, but we'll see where this goes. Miami will improve or implode under the weight of it.

To your point, there were three really stupid things that happened. They should have taken a knee and that is on the coaching staff. Second, the player that fumbled did an incredibly stupid thing. Holding onto the ball is the only issue at that time of the game. Third, who let a player behind him on the final play of the game? No way the Safties let anyone behind them in this case, under any circumstances. But those are on the players who are kids. Not taking a knee goes to the 53-year-old guy making $8m per year.

I don't agree.

Football is a competition. Mistakes like interceptions and the defense getting beat are not just part of the game, they are "the" game. What Miami did was simply insanely stupid. I guess football IQ is also part of the game. But when you do something so dumb, you deserve to get called out on it. I don't think it, of itself, is a fireable offense, but we'll see where this goes. Miami will improve or implode under the weight of it.

To your point, there were three really stupid things that happened. They should have taken a knee and that is on the coaching staff. Second, the player that fumbled did an incredibly stupid thing. Holding onto the ball is the only issue at that time of the game. Third, who let a player behind him on the final play of the game? No way the Safties let anyone behind them in this case, under any circumstances. But those are on the players who are kids. Not taking a knee goes to the 53-year-old guy making $8m per year.
I'm not sure what there is to disagree with. Cristobal mismanaged the end of the game and should get skewered, im just merely saying the game wasn't decided on on bone head play by the players or coaches, but several.

I'm not sure what there is to disagree with. Cristobal mismanaged the end of the game and should get skewered, im just merely saying the game wasn't decided on on bone head play by the players or coaches, but several.
Right--and people far too often focus on one or two plays/calls at the end of the game when in reality every play has equal weight. This is just one of the rare situations where the game was actually over if they take a knee. So strange.

well, people get beat on long passes. players jump offsides. players fumble. We all get it. Its part of the competition. I always think two good teams are look a ton of weight on both sides of a scale. Sure, GA vs AL may be 20 tons. Pitt and Vandy may be one ton. But the game only cares which one has more weight on that scale on that day. If you have a ton of weight on both sides it will balance but put something as light as a cotton ball on one side and the scales will tip.

The difference in the game wasn't that a player was better or worse than the other player. It was because a guy called a horrible play. And if he did what 99% of coaches would have done, he'd have won.

But Crostobal blew the game, pure and simple. And on one play.

well, people get beat on long passes. players jump offsides. players fumble. We all get it. Its part of the competition. I always think two good teams are look a ton of weight on both sides of a scale. Sure, GA vs AL may be 20 tons. Pitt and Vandy may be one ton. But the game only cares which one has more weight on that scale on that day. If you have a ton of weight on both sides it will balance but put something as light as a cotton ball on one side and the scales will tip.

The difference in the game wasn't that a player was better or worse than the other player. It was because a guy called a horrible play. And if he did what 99% of coaches would have done, he'd have won.

But Crostobal blew the game, pure and simple. And on one play.
Hang on, the game was blown on one play? That ignores the fact that bad Georgia tech team traveled 70 yards in 26 second....your saying that is just "part of the compition" but fumbling, interceptions, and terrible defensive planning and execution are just happenstance....if it was bad coaching on the kneel than it is certainly bad coaching giving up that touchdown at the end.

Hang on, the game was blown on one play? That ignores the fact that bad Georgia tech team traveled 70 yards in 26 second....your saying that is just "part of the compition" but fumbling, interceptions, and terrible defensive planning and execution are just happenstance....if it was bad coaching on the kneel than it is certainly bad coaching giving up that touchdown at the end.
yeah.

the rest was competition on the field. Lots of games come down to one play. In fact, most coaches teach it. You never know that that one play might be.

I'm not really sure that was actually a fumble. He looked down before the ball came out but when you aren't smart enough to take a knee, you put yourself in the position that something like this can happen.

In 1978, the NY Giants should have taken one knee, and then the game is over. Instead, they botched a handoff, Herm Edwards scooped it up and scored with about 29 seconds left. The Giants OC was fired the next day. It was first miracle at the Meadowlands for the Phila. Eagles. Not only that, Paul Finebaum said that Cristabol has done it before.

In 1978, the NY Giants should have taken one knee, and then the game is over. Instead, they botched a handoff, Herm Edwards scooped it up and scored with about 29 seconds left. The Giants OC was fired the next day. It was first miracle at the Meadowlands for the Phila. Eagles. Not only that, Paul Finebaum said that Cristabol has done it before.
That was my first thought when I saw it--that game in 78

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT