ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of stupid coaching tonight.

Roar More

Aug 19, 2004
Notre Dame going for it on 4th and 11 (or maybe more, I can't recall) with nearly 10 minutes left and down 11 points... on their side of the field! FAIL!

Miami handing off, clinging to a three point lead with about 30 seconds left. They lose a fumble and Georgia Tech goes about 75 yards in three plays and gets the winning TD.

Just stupid decisions. I could be that stupid for a tenth of their pay.

Last edited:
Notre Dame going for it on 4th and 11 (or maybe more, I can't recall) with nearly 10 minutes left and down 11 points... on their side of the field! FAIL!
Maryland HC did the same thing against OSU….down 10 with about 8 minutes to go, he decides to go for it on 4th and 3 from his own 32, and fails. OSU takes over and several plays later, score a TD to go up 17. Game over.

Miami handing off, clinging to a three point lead with about 30 seconds left. They lose a fumble and Georgia Tech goes about 75 yards in three plays and gets the winning TD.

Lincoln Riley says "Hold my beer".

Hey, I'd be damn happy to be that stupid for a tenth of their pay!

Maryland HC did the same thing against OSU….down 10 with about 8 minutes to go, he decides to go for it on 4th and 3 from his own 32, and fails. OSU takes over and several plays later, score a TD to go up 17. Game over.

Yeah its amazing some of these coaches don't get more criticism. No idea what Locksley was doing but I think Freeman's decision was worse. When your the favorite you have to trust you defense over a 4th & 11. Locksley knew them winning was a long shot and gambled.

Reactions: bison13
Just proves that Freeman has no business being the HC at ND. That was beyond stupidity. He sometimes looks like a deer in headlights - clueless. ND has really good talent - zero coaching

Freeman’s was a bad call, but there was at least some semblance of an argument in favor of it…Cristobal simply cost Miami a win when there was zero reason for it.

Freeman’s was a bad call, but there was at least some semblance of an argument in favor of it…Cristobal simply cost Miami a win when there was zero reason for it.
Yeah, I guess. The logic with Freeman's decision is questionable at best. There was too much time left with an offense that was struggling as they were. You have to trust your defense. 4th and manageable then I'd listen but not 4th & 11 in that situation.

Gee I thought Franklin had a monopoly
on this.

Not coaching but announcing. tOSU got called for a five-yard penalty when the motion man rounded off his motion and started forward slightly, at the snap. The announcer called it an awful call and one that is never flagged. I was watching a 3:30 game and the exact same thing happened with the exact same penalty the announcers said it would be called "every time". LOL

I have no idea what the color announcer was saying in the tOSU game. The player clearly was moving forward and it was clearly a penalty. IMHO, one that almost always would be called. Maybe he is from Canada.

Reactions: searay26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT