ADVERTISEMENT

Merrill Reese

thanks for posting the link.

I couldn't sync up Merrill's PBP with the TV broadcast, so I turned off Merrill.

OMG....Chuck Bednarick has a huge smile on his face! The best football fans in the NFL...I am so happy for Philly football fans! And I am a Steeler guy!

No he doesn’t. He wanted them to lose the last one just so he could say he was on the last Philly champs. Hated Lorrie for note buying copies of his book in the 90’s.

Great football player but was a horse’s a@@ by all accounts. I knew people who were around him going back to the 60’s. Let’s just say the consensus was there wasn’t many nice things to say about him from several people.

Very grumpy man, not someone you wanted to be pals with in your personal life. But, dang if you needed a football player or someone in a fix hole with you there were few better options.

Reactions: LionJim
OMG....Chuck Bednarick has a huge smile on his face! The best football fans in the NFL...I am so happy for Philly football fans! And I am a Steeler guy!
There was guy from Bethlehem who stopped at BASD stadium to take a picture of Chuck's statue, yesterday. It looked great with snow hanging off it. Can't post picture as it is on a closed group in Bethlehem.

thanks for posting the link.

I couldn't sync up Merrill's PBP with the TV broadcast, so I turned off Merrill.
Watching on cable or satellite? There's always a delay (the signal goes up to the satellite and back down either way). Had that issue last night as Mrs KG had the upstairs (OTA) TV on and I was downstairs watching on cable--could hear her yelling about the play before the snap.

No he doesn’t. He wanted them to lose the last one just so he could say he was on the last Philly champs. Hated Lorrie for note buying copies of his book in the 90’s.

Great football player but was a horse’s a@@ by all accounts. I knew people who were around him going back to the 60’s. Let’s just say the consensus was there wasn’t many nice things to say about him from several people.

Very grumpy man, not someone you wanted to be pals with in your personal life. But, dang if you needed a football player or someone in a fix hole with you there were few better options.

When he was in sales, he played the "don't you know who I am" card frequently.

I agree with your take on him. I'm not a huge Lurie fan, but Bednarik was a jerk about the book thing.

Reactions: kevin310
Reese's calls were always very entertaining on drives back from the Jersey Shore. Hear this one in your head....

"Randall back to pass. He looks downfield. Pumps once. Pumps twice. He FLOATS it downfield aaaaaannnnnd.......INNNNcomplete."

Met him at a Munger Men's breakfast in 2010 at UPenn. He was crude and unpolished, but everyone ignored it considering his contribution to Penn football as a player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT