ADVERTISEMENT

Any NFL draftniks able to answer this question?

SEPATOPTEN

Aug 21, 2010
The Philadelphia Eagles have the 15th,16 and 19th picks in the 1st round of the 2022 NFL draft. They also have a 2nd,3rd & 4th rounder and some later picks. My question is if they packaged say their 2nd rounder with any of their firsts how far could they move up receiving the other teams number one? Also the same with say their 3rd or 4th with any of their firsts. An example would be could the Eagles take their 15th pick and their 3rd rounder and receive a back end top ten pick in return? Or how far could they move up with their 15th or 16th picks packaged with the 2nd or 3rd rounder.

The Philadelphia Eagles have the 15th,16 and 19th picks in the 1st round of the 2022 NFL draft. They also have a 2nd,3rd & 4th rounder and some later picks. My question is if they packaged say their 2nd rounder with any of their firsts how far could they move up receiving the other teams number one? Also the same with say their 3rd or 4th with any of their firsts. An example would be could the Eagles take their 15th pick and their 3rd rounder and receive a back end top ten pick in return? Or how far could they move up with their 15th or 16th picks packaged with the 2nd or 3rd rounder.
So who are you targeting with a higher pick?

I don't envision them as "desperate" for any one player such as some teams are when moving up --- often a specific QB. For this reason, I think any moves "up" will be minor (say a #15, 16, or 19 plus a third rounder to move up a few places in the first round). If they packaged two 1st round picks (say #15 or 16 with #19, I don't think they'd get into the top five, but might be able to go up into the #6 - 10 range. They also could move "down", trading a #16 or 19 for a later first rounder plus some combination in the second, third, or fourth round. I agree with a previous post, and would prefer them to take the best player available with all three of their first round picks. That said, I expect a little "up and down", but hopefully not too much unless the deal clearly favors them.

Was just thinking.....with that many first round picks they are under huge pressure to get a solid group of players that will make a dramatic and immediate impact.
That is why I want them to move up to can't miss territory. I think Howie is done reaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT