ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s BB tonight at 8-2 Duquesne

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
The Nittany Lions take on a veteran team with a 4 game win streak in an away game tonight. This is not going to be an easy game. We are favored by about 6 points. Let’s hope this doesn’t kill the buzz of a great football signing day.

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
These teams are putting on a clinic...... of how not to play basketball. Honestly, I've seen better fundamental play from Jr. High teams. This is just pathetic.

Reactions: Nit16
The Nittany Lions take on a veteran team with a 4 game win streak in an away game tonight. This is not going to be an easy game. We are favored by about 6 points. Let’s hope this doesn’t kill the buzz of a great football signing day.

No games are easy games for us.

Penn State really having trouble getting past Duquesne's traps. Really is a brutal game to watch.

Guys this team is young. They are close to putting it all together. Chambers had them playing hard and competing

Problem is, who's going to want the job?

We can't be afraid to make a move because we're afraid the next guy will be as bad or worse. Change is needed. Chambers isn't the answer. We need to give someone else an opportunity. Let's give one of the Nova assistants an opportunity. Halcovage or Neptune? Hell, Nardi's young but why not? Take a shot. It can't get much worse.

Are we really down 7 at the half? lol. It's just comical at this point

UNC apparently doesn’t want Roy bolting to PSU.....they just extended his contract today for eight years through 2027-28.

At the half, Penn State actually outshooting Duquesne, except for free throws, but what's killing them is Duquesne getting more trips to the FT line and making better use of those trips.

I have season tickets to another P5 NCAA men’s basketball team. That team has comparable talent and experience to Penn State, but they are well-coached. I just see much better offense being run and better fundamentals with this other team, and you see real progress being made over the first 10 games of the season.

I’m just not seeing Penn State getting better, while other teams are getting better and are beating Penn State with lesser talent.

I was all in on Chambers until I saw how poorly he coached last year’s team. This year has been even worse. You can’t keep a guy who can’t coach.

Reactions: harjeff and bison13
At the half, Penn State actually outshooting Duquesne, except for free throws, but what's killing them is Duquesne getting more trips to the FT line and making better use of those trips.
The 12 turnovers aren’t helping matters.

I have season tickets to another P5 NCAA men’s basketball team. That team has comparable talent and experience to Penn State, but they are well-coached. I just see much better offense being run and better fundamentals with this other team, and you see real progress being made over the first 10 games of the season.

I’m just not seeing Penn State getting better, while other teams are getting better and are beating Penn State with lesser talent.

I was all in on Chambers until I saw how poorly he coached last year’s team. This year has been even worse. You can’t keep a guy who can’t coach.
They absolutely aren’t getting better. Eleven games in and they’re worse than they were in game one and that’s with Watkins back. We’re being out played by Duquesne...and we’re supposed to have better talent but I’m not really seeing it.

Reactions: Nitty_Lion
Is there a head fake we don’t fall for? Could be why they rack up fouls faster than points. Holy sh!t, don’t leave your feet!!

Went from up 5 to down 4 in less than 2 min. Sloppy, Bolton’s turnovers and FT shooting are killing them.

Went from up 5 to down 4 in less than 2 min. Sloppy, Bolton’s turnovers and FT shooting are killing them.
Bad three point shooting team, bad inside shooting team, bad layup shooting team, and bad free throw shooting team...other than that, their offense is stellar.

It's like there is some invisible force around the rim preventing Penn State from making layups or short shots.

Arena looks like it's more empty than full.

Stevens is supposed to be a leader. He just missed a gimme layup and two free throws in the final minute.

When Pat retires as PSU coach in 25 years (since obviously no matter how bad the team plays the PSU admin does not care....) he can work part time as a free throw coach!!!

:confused:;):confused:

Somebody please tell me what just happened... All i see on the play by play is 4 fouls on Duquesne, 2 T's

Penn State bailed out by Duquesne's coach - although they did make all the FTs, which was kinda surprising!

Duquesne is garbage. Come on man! That team won’t be in the top half of the A10. Pitt is awful and they blew out Duquense. Penn State is not a good team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT