ADVERTISEMENT

Herbie seems to think McCord will lose the QB competition at Ohio St a few games into the season.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Says he expects Day to take a page out of Harbaugh's playbook and let the competition go into the season. You know what that means for Junior McCord against RS Freshman Devin Brown. We saw it play out at Michigan last year. The reason a coach would do this is to slow play the older QB to keep him around for depth for at least that season.

Kirk Herbstreit reacts to Ohio State quarterback dilemma

Says he expects Day to take a page out of Harbaugh's playbook and let the competition go into the season. You know what that means for Junior McCord against RS Freshman Devin Brown. We saw it play out at Michigan last year. The reason a coach would do this is to slow play the older QB to keep him around for depth for at least that season.

Didn't McNamara end up going off for surgery or something?

Roster management is what it is now though. It's no less dirty for Harbaugh to do this as it is a kid to enter the portal after he's been beat out is it?

How many of us would feel better if Veilleiux had stayed to backup Allar?

Didn't McNamara end up going off for surgery or something?

Roster management is what it is now though. It's no less dirty for Harbaugh to do this as it is a kid to enter the portal after he's been beat out is it?

How many of us would feel better if Veilleiux had stayed to backup Allar?
I think the equation changes if McCord is smart enough to understand that what Day is doing here is an exact copy of Harbaugh screwing McNamara over and McCord enters the portal before summer camp so he can have a starting job elsewhere.

Are we pretending there's eligibility limits now. Did some baksetball.player just enroll for a 9th season? McCord believes he can play in the NFL. If he loses his job he'll find one next year. Coaches almost have to do this now.

The portal may be closed but he can still shut down his season after game 3 if he sees the writing on the wall and wants to save a year of eligibility (if he still has one to save). I won’t pretend to know his eligibility status with Covid years and redshirts and whatever else the ncaa has put in place to let players move around wherever they want.

Times are changing, strategy needs to change with it. Why do you think Allar has not yet been named the starter?

I think the equation changes if McCord is smart enough to understand that what Day is doing here is an exact copy of Harbaugh screwing McNamara over and McCord enters the portal before summer camp so he can have a starting job elsewhere.
Lots of a assumptions and speculation here…

Times are changing, strategy needs to change with it. Why do you think Allar has not yet been named the starter?
Not as much of an issue when the likely backup will have 2 years of eligibility when the starter goes the draft. Pribula is highly likely to be patient.

But in Ohio St's case, McCord will never get to be the starter for even one season. There is no way McCord will stick around for that and frankly if Brown is the backup, he has shown that he will move on as well.

Reactions: ncgolfer
Not as much of an issue when the likely backup will have 2 years of eligibility when the starter goes the draft. Pribula is highly likely to be patient.

But in Ohio St's case, McCord will never get to be the starter for even one season. There is no way McCord will stick around for that and frankly if Brown is the backup, he has shown that he will move on as well.
Any good QB should move on if they aren't starting. That's the system today. Hell, many starters will move on. Who says Allar doesn't play great this year then chase money next? Anything is possible in this era.

Herbie is a shill. Who cares what he thinks? Buckeyes over rated and Day on the hot seat. Will probably lose his third straight to scUM. Good riddance. At least with Franklion we know he probably ain’t beating O$U and scUM and his ceiling is 10-2. Day’s ceiling and floor is 12-0 as is furbaugh’s now.

Herbie is a shill. Who cares what he thinks? Buckeyes over rated and Day on the hot seat. Will probably lose his third straight to scUM. Good riddance. At least with Franklion we know he probably ain’t beating O$U and scUM and his ceiling is 10-2. Day’s ceiling and floor is 12-0 as is furbaugh’s now.
We're beating at least one of them this year.

Reactions: Online Persona
Doesn't matter who wins the OSU QB job or any others in the B1G this upcoming year. All B1G roads lead into Ann Arbor ------ the home of the 2023 NC. Oh, before I forget, who's the winningest CF program of all time? Pretty simple, isn't it ? GO JIM, GO BLUE

Right, but he's such a homer....at least, many on the board claim!

He's too emotional to call games OSU loses. Bouts of silence. Lack of enthusiasm in his voice. He's good at what he does, but he's entirely too rah rah to call Buckeye games.

Many don't like Gus Johnson, but he's over enthusiastic about anything that he gets stuck on.

No matter what happens the loser is gone.
As with most schools that have quality QBs. What's the big deal ? It's the age of the Portal. And why would Pribula stick around if he's a quality QB when Allar is named the starter? Not sure I'm understanding the purpose of this thread. ND acquired Sam Hartman in the portal and Buchner left which was expected.

As with most schools that have quality QBs. What's the big deal ? It's the age of the Portal. And why would Pribula stick around if he's a quality QB when Allar is named the starter? Not sure I'm understanding the purpose of this thread. ND acquired Sam Hartman in the portal and Buchner left which was expected.
Not sure I'm understanding a Notre Dame troll coming over to shill for Ohio St on a Penn state board either. Pound sand phony.

Domer trying to stir up trouble Go away this thread is about Ohio State QB about to transfer.
He shows up in every thread about Ohio State, pimping Ohio State. You can infer what that means. Not sure how small their penises are in Ohio but they have several fans that post here under usernames that suggest they are fans of other programs- Michigan, Notre Dame, Northwestern even.

He shows up in every thread about Ohio State, pimping Ohio State. You can infer what that means. Not sure how small their penises are in Ohio but they have several fans that post here under usernames that suggest they are fans of other programs- Michigan, Notre Dame, Northwestern even.
Go Irish !

Like I said, this board is hilarious. Some take these boards way too seriously.

Mccord was the best Qb in there spring game but I think the freshman was hurt and did not play. Mccord is going to light it up with those Wideouts if he gets the time from the Oline. PSU should still beat them in Cbus this year there secondary and oline are not as good as previous years.

Mccord was the best Qb in there spring game but I think the freshman was hurt and did not play. Mccord is going to light it up with those Wideouts if he gets the time from the Oline. PSU should still beat them in Cbus this year there secondary and oline are not as good as previous years.
I'm not ready to call a win in Columbus though I think it is much closer to 50/50 than pundits are giving us credit. But you are correct that to beat them, you need to overwhelm their OL and that looks to possibly be a weak spot, especially the tackles.

I think we have the edge rushers to do that. I also think they may counter by trying to run inside or throw quick hitters. I think our secondary could limit the quick throws despite 3 nfl caliber wrs on the field at all times. The question is how does the middle of our defense hold up to their run game and screens IMO. They will pick their spots for deeper throws but that is where their OTs could be exposed and their QB could be knocked around.

As for our offense, I would love if our WRs were to have stepped up by then because their secondary might be vulnerable. Certainly we can attack that with our TEs as well. Our run game may be good but they probably can limit it unless we have some receiving threats that are backing them off.

Don't try to over analyze the OSU offense. It will be top 5 again as Day has a brilliant offensive mind and gets dynamic offensive players. He was a QB coach in the NFL

But with that said, as we all know, their issue the last 3 or 4 years has been their SHIT defense - and that's being kind. If they figure it out (which I doubt) they'll win the B1G. If not, both PSU and UM will smoke them. Hell, they had a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter against Georgia in the Playoffs and couldn't even hold on to it. Hell. if they could even stop a top HS offense, they'd be extremely dangerous. In other words, their defense SUCKS

Reactions: blair10
Don't try to over analyze the OSU offense. It will be top 5 again as Day has a brilliant offensive mind and gets dynamic offensive players. He was a QB coach in the NFL

But with that said, as we all know, their issue the last 3 or 4 years has been their SHIT defense - and that's being kind. If they figure it out (which I doubt) they'll win the B1G. If not, both PSU and UM will smoke them. Hell, they had a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter against Georgia in the Playoffs and couldn't even hold on to it. Hell. if they could even stop a top HS offense, they'd be extremely dangerous. In other words, their defense SUCKS
We'll know all about OSU's defense on Sept 23rd in South Bend. We'll have our best offense around Portal QB Sam Hartman in a couple of decades and if the OSU defense is not improved, ND will totally light them up.

My prediction: ND 42, OSU 35.

Doesn't matter who wins the OSU QB job or any others in the B1G this upcoming year. All B1G roads lead into Ann Arbor ------ the home of the 2023 NC. Oh, before I forget, who's the winningest CF program of all time? Pretty simple, isn't it ? GO JIM, GO BLUE

Jim Harbaugh sends clear message to J.J. McCarthy.......​

WHAT'S WITH THE CAMEL TOE?

AA1ccOFv.img

I'm not ready to call a win in Columbus though I think it is much closer to 50/50 than pundits are giving us credit. But you are correct that to beat them, you need to overwhelm their OL and that looks to possibly be a weak spot, especially the tackles.

I think we have the edge rushers to do that. I also think they may counter by trying to run inside or throw quick hitters. I think our secondary could limit the quick throws despite 3 nfl caliber wrs on the field at all times. The question is how does the middle of our defense hold up to their run game and screens IMO. They will pick their spots for deeper throws but that is where their OTs could be exposed and their QB could be knocked around.

As for our offense, I would love if our WRs were to have stepped up by then because their secondary might be vulnerable. Certainly we can attack that with our TEs as well. Our run game may be good but they probably can limit it unless we have some receiving threats that are backing them off.
It's all about depth: Ohio State has beaten us with depth. If we are deep enough, especially defensively, we will win in Columbus.

With 9 minutes to play up 21-16, Franklin's defensive starters gassed last year and they scored on 3 plays against 5 backups and 6 starters.

I was told my several OSU fans that he would be a heisman contender this year with all of those first round wide receivers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT