ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Nebraska

Missing a lot of really good looks...but in the dome, need to create some points in the paint and in transition.

We’re turning it over and giving up open 3s. Nebraska is playing better defense than PSU, and we’re forcing bad shots. Wheeler is our only offensive weapon so far. Someone else needs to step up.

Opponents have started pressuring our guards on the perimeter and they don't handle it well. We keep passing the ball around the perimeter but not much cutting to the basket or taking their man off the dribble.

Jones ineffective. Brockington ineffective. Opponents have learned he's left handed.

Dread's offense is limited to perimeter shooting and he's not a great shooter.

Good grief. PSU gives a foul, then Harrar fouls and gives up 2 pts. What a disaster!

Win or go home game and with the exception of wheeler the whole team comes out flat and extremely careless with the ball. They look like they can’t wait to get off the plane in happy valley and hang up the sneakers.

Myles Dread misses more open 3s than anyone in the country. He used to be a good shooter.

wheeler conversely has improved his shot over passed 3 years.

Reactions: lunsmooth and bdgan
I’m not staying up to watch this...they may come back, but this is horrible.

Really thought we could beat Nebraska and Wisky in this tourney and then take a swing at Iowa. Hope we come back, but judging by the carelessness and lack of urgency in first half, I am not optimistic.

PSU shot 28% in the 1st half. 13% from 3. Also turned it over 10 times.

Look for PSU to pound the ball into Harrar to start the second half.

Harrar’s last foul before the half with 6 seconds left is an example of no/zero/coaching. The next guy from Gloomsburg can collect the same foul. Luckily for us Nebraska has found themselves. I see coach either inspiring them with hairspray or the boys start launching and lady luck wins the day. Then again they will win and I’ll be back for the next one! Who has the bigger problem? PSU or me?

• Wow
Reactions: psu1969a
PSU's 2 leading scorers:

Jones 16 ppg
Brockington 13 ppg

Tonight 0 points.

I noticed Jones do the same thing he did vs MD. He's not getting his shots so he gets frustrated and launches an I'll advised shot that results in a high rebound and an opportunity going the other way.

That 3 by Dread was wide open but not even close.

Then a 6'9" forward blows by him on D.

Ugh! Can't foul and stop the clock. PSU has done it twice in the last minute.

I’ve said it before...but I hate having Wheeler in the game in these spots instead of Sessoms

Responded when we needed to...some shots started falling, and we picked up the intensity creating turnovers and creating extra chances on the offensive glass. Great job continuing to get to the line in the 2nd half once we got them in the bonus (and making our FTs). Will need that intensity for 40 minutes the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT