ADVERTISEMENT

Mayfield is the next Manziel

That thread talks about Mayfield’s antics that led to the UGA guy barking at him. Many are comparing Mayfield to Manziel and/or commenting about his lack of emotional control.

Reactions: m48tank
Mayfield with his last 3 possessions, 1 in regulation with approx. 55 seconds left, and 2 in overtime -- a total of 3 points

Just my opinion, but I think Trace would have done better.

Reactions: ilvpsu and m48tank
Mayfield was talking all game. ESPN even reported early on how "he wished them luck" trying to stop his offense. PennSt8er is correct--Mayfield can't control his emotions...on or off the field. He needs to take the advice

I found the overtime playcalling suspect for Oklahoma. You have a heisman winning qb who has thrown 5ints up to this game and they were dunking and dunking.

If I was a Sooner fan I’d be upset with the conservative offense

Mayfield with his last 3 possessions, 1 in regulation with approx. 55 seconds left, and 2 in overtime -- a total of 3 points

Just my opinion, but I think Trace would have done better.

See Ohio State this year. Final 4 drives...one FG...lost 10 yards with 2 punts and a turnover on downs. Not convinced he would do better. Georgia's defense is great and they made awesome adjustments. Riley & Co didn't know how to answer. Very similar to us at Ohio State this year IMO. I strongly dislike Mayfield but the play calling was the bigger issue here.

I found the overtime playcalling suspect for Oklahoma. You have a heisman winning qb who has thrown 5ints up to this game and they were dunking and dunking.

Totally agree. We were commenting exactly that during the 2 OTs.

Reactions: royboy

Not even "dinking and dunking" in the first OT possession; 3 straight runs and didn't produce a 1st down....WTF?

Reactions: m48tank
Mayfield seems like a bit of a hothead and has had some lapses in judgment. But not sure he can hold a candle to Jonny Football.
Yes, I don't like Mayfield, but he is not in Johnny Football's league when it comes to being a Bozo!

Reactions: Nitt1300
The guy barking at Mayfield after his team just won is also being a douche.. he should listen to his own advice.

Also agree that Okie coached choked big time at the end. Horrible conservative play calling when all the momentum was slipping away.

I pray the Cleveland Clowns take this retard number one so I can watch my Steelers beat the ever loving chit out of him for a few years! The dude is an asshole...period.

Mayfield as the overall number one? Not even Cleveland is that stupid.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
1. play calling by OK was horrible in OT, way too conservative. I thought they should have gone for it on 4th and 1/2 yard in the first OT. You have the Heisman winner, go for it.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when they replayed his highlights and lowlights. A big difference is he wasn't given everything like Hollywood. He walked onto the team and made it to qb starter. Hopefully for his sake he reflects on that and matures. Being a Bengals fan I want the Browns to blow their top pick on him :)

Besides being brash, I don't see the comparison to Manziel. Manziel had a substance abuse issue and seemed to care way more about partying than playing football. I know that Mayfield got busted for drinking, but other than that, is there a history of substance abuse? If Mayfield doesn't cut it in the NFL, I think it will be because he just isn't good enough, not because he doesn't care and would rather be partying.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT