ADVERTISEMENT

Official : Belichick is out

Vrabel would be hired today if it wasn't for the Rooney Rule. Mayo is the only other option IMO.

Will not be surprised to see college coaches move on to pro positions. College coaching is now a very difficult profession with NIL and the portal .
More like pro coaching without the certainty of pro contracts to ensure roster stability

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Will not be surprised to see college coaches move on to pro positions. College coaching is now a very difficult profession with NIL and the portal .
Yep, gonna see a lot of college guys opting out. Was always difficult with year round recruiting. Now has to be down right terrible job now.

A lot of words were used to describe Belichick the last 24 years, coach, cheater, genius, scoundrel, friend, enemy, but the one word not associated with him was burnt out. I speak as a lifelong Jets fan who wonders where they would be if he hadn't quit after 2 days 24 years ago, love him, hate him , feel indifferent about him, you can't deny the success he has had with the Patriots.

A lot of words were used to describe Belichick the last 24 years, coach, cheater, genius, scoundrel, friend, enemy, but the one word not associated with him was burnt out. I speak as a lifelong Jets fan who wonders where they would be if he hadn't quit after 2 days 24 years ago, love him, hate him , feel indifferent about him, you can't deny the success he has had with the Patriots.
Were they going to get Brady in NY?

Belichek drafted Brady. He took a huge risk replacing “franchise quarterback Drew Bledsoe” with Brady.
Was Vince Lombardi a great coach because he had Bart Starr?
He also ran a tight ship and made players make the team first. Wouldn’t tolerate dissent.

Last edited:
Belichek drafted Brady. He took a huge risk replacing “franchise quarterback Drew Bledsoe” with Brady.
Was Vince Lombardi a great coach because he had Bart Starr?
Without Brady, Belichick has a losing record. His career at the Jets would have been much like his career in Cleveland.

Without Brady, Belichick has a losing record. His career at the Jets would have been much like his career in Cleveland.
Who’s gonna win the Kentucky Derby, in May? You must be a seer to know how Belichick’s career was going to turn out. You could be God and know the Divine Plan for Bill.

Who’s gonna win the Kentucky Derby, in May? You must be a seer to know how Belichick’s career was going to turn out. You could be God and know the Divine Plan for Bill.
I got a few future exactas bet for derby already

Are Eagles fans on this site buying the speculation that they’d make a run at Belichick if they fire Sirinai after Monday night (assuming they lose)?

Don’t need to be a seer, I can look at history. He sucked before Brady and he sucked after Brady, not sure why he would have found magic at the Jets without Brady.

And by the way, I’ve picked the Derby winner five of the last six years.

• Haha
Reactions: EPC FAN
The why did all NFL teams pass on him five times each?
Because they didn’t know his work ethic and all his intangibles (which Belichick didn’t know either). That’s like giving a coach credit for turning Peyton Mannig into a great QB.

Shoulda countered with Brock Purdy….… from very first to very last,
My point was just because Manning was drafted in the first round that doesn’t guarantee success. He had success because of his work ethic and dedication, same as Brady.

My point was just because Manning was drafted in the first round that doesn’t guarantee success. He had success because of his work ethic and dedication, same as Brady.
But Manninh had the talent to succeed almost anywhere with any coach.

Bill and Tommy were a perfect match. Both fully focused on winning. Both were no nonsense winners that wouldn’t tolerate any player that didn’t work harder than they ever did before. Both made everyone around them better.

Reactions: EPC FAN
But Manninh had the talent to succeed almost anywhere with any coach.

Bill and Tommy were a perfect match. Both fully focused on winning. Both were no nonsense winners that wouldn’t tolerate any player that didn’t work harder than they ever did before. Both made everyone around them better.
I think Brady would have been successful anywhere as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT