ADVERTISEMENT

Well, this Super Bowl is ruined

If KC wins next week to go the the SB we will get sick of hearing about Swifties.

If the Ravens earn the trip with a win next week it will be two weeks of ‘one brother wins the college championship, will the other brother win the pro championship?
You have to give the Harbaugh family their due. They are winners. John is the good Harbaugh and the Ravens are a model NFL franchise.

If KC wins next week to go the the SB we will get sick of hearing about Swifties.

If the Ravens earn the trip with a win next week it will be two weeks of ‘one brother wins the college championship, will the other brother win the pro championship?
To me I hate them both so it's a win win next week in the AFC championship game: someone has to lose!

I want to vomit as well, but call me a conspiracy theorist… there is no way the nfl does not get their Swifty golden goose into the Super Bowl.

I can't believe this but I need to cheer for Baltimore next week. KC is nauseating at this point and has clearly become the new New England. Now we have to hear how unbelievably good and clutch Mahomes is because he won a road playoff game. We won't mention it was against a depleted Bills defense and they luck out because the Bills supposed NFL kicker can't kick in the wind and chokes a kick any decent college kicker should make.

You must be rooting for the Niners, then. We have something in common!

They barely talked about her or showed her today but yeah disappointed. Go Lions!

Reactions: Ian
I want to vomit as well, but call me a conspiracy theorist… there is no way the nfl does not get their Swifty golden goose into the Super Bowl.
If there was a conspiracy the challenge on Mecole wouldn't have been ruled a fumble. But I hate Baltimore so fully willing to help with the conspiracy if needed.

Watching the KC-Buffalo game, my wife asked me who I was rooting for. I asked her "Are the Jets playing?" At this point in my life, I have lost most of my pettiness (I refuse to support Stefon Diggs after the stunt he pulled before the Maryland game in 2014 ) and when the New York Jets aren't playing, I just want to watch a good, entertaining football game. Let them show all the stars tv wants, I'm more concerned with what goes on on the field,

Pretty soon you're going to be paying $499.99 to even watch the Super Bowl. And as long as they have a dancing bear like Taylor Swift to bring in even more viewers who don't know a punt from a bunt and are willing to fork over the money you'll have 260 million viewers rogering up to drop whatever it costs to watch. So that's what, $130 billion? Sounds about right to me. If I was Travis Kelce or Pat Mahomes or the last guy on the taxi squad I'd want $35 million bonus, minimum. A star like PM or even Andy Reid should realize $2 billion each.

I notice State Farm is not only the major sponsor of the game but also the major sponsor of the wrapup shows. You can't look at the screen without seeing State Farm's logo at least twice. Seeing as three of the guys on one of the final four teams have a lucrative deal with State Farm, of course the Chiefs are going to walk to the SB and probably win it handily. These companies aren't pouring all this cash down the hatch for the Chiefs to lose. This is all a foregone conclusion.

Go Lions! Screw the Swifties. Ravens will dismantle the Chiefs…
If Willie Gay is out they'll struggle to contain Lamar. Ravens defense is elite still not sold on that offense but only the Niner of the 3 remaining teams has a strong defense

Sorry, I had to laugh at this.

jason-kelce.jpg

Reactions: joeaubie21
Swift’s international tour starts in Feb m. Obviously she has a private jet and can get where she needs but she’s got a concert in Tokyo the night before the Super Bowl.

I'm often amazed about the things that bother people. How many times did they show Taylor Swift during yesterday's game? 4? It's about the same amount they show Jerry Jones, Fireman Ed, Tommy DeVito's agent, etc. Are people really going to stop watching games because Taylor Swift was on the screen for about 12 total seconds during a 3.5 hour game?

If Willie Gay is out they'll struggle to contain Lamar. Ravens defense is elite still not sold on that offense but only the Niner of the 3 remaining teams has a strong defense

Chiefs are giving up the second fewest points (17.1 ppg) in the league behind Baltimore…

I'm often amazed about the things that bother people. How many times did they show Taylor Swift during yesterday's game? 4? It's about the same amount they show Jerry Jones, Fireman Ed, Tommy DeVito's agent, etc. Are people really going to stop watching games because Taylor Swift was on the screen for about 12 total seconds during a 3.5 hour game?
It doesn't matter to me what celebs are shown during a given game. The problem here is this lady is so insanely popular she changes the viewership metrics to the point that people who don't even care about football will pay to watch, simply for a chance to see a glimpse of her. That translates to massive amounts of money which makes it advantageous for KC to continue winning in the playoffs to maintain this Beatles-like mania. It affects the game and potential outcomes.

Reactions: bison13
It doesn't matter to me what celebs are shown during a given game. The problem here is this lady is so insanely popular she changes the viewership metrics to the point that people who don't even care about football will pay to watch, simply for a chance to see a glimpse of her. That translates to massive amounts of money which makes it advantageous for KC to continue winning in the playoffs to maintain this Beatles-like mania. It affects the game and potential outcomes.
Maybe it affects the games and outcomes in your mind...in reality, it actually doesn't.

Was interesting….they showed her numerous times yet the announcers ignored the shots. Seemed as if they didn’t want to get involved. Or perhaps didn’t like her being shown.

Reactions: SR108 and 81b&w
If you don't think they'd punt the "integrity of the game" to keep this gravy train rolling, I don't know what to tell you.

Swift Profit
This isn't WWE...there are actually players out there playing, officials officiating to the best of their ability, etc. You think that the league is meeting with the Ravens players this week to make sure they all take a dive? Or meeting with the officials to tell them they are looking to fix the game? Everyone is just going to risk losing their jobs, jail time, huge lawsuits, etc?

LOL!

It doesn't involve all of that. Just a well timed call here or there.
And how does that go down? Is the entire officiating crew in on the fix? Or just a few members of it? Are they being given money, or they just give away their integrity for free?

Was yesterday's game fixed? Closest play in the game was likely a fumble at the one yard line that was super close in replay. They were so bad at fixing that game that Buffalo got that call, and it came down to Diggs dropping a pass, Allen missing some open receivers, and a missed FG?

I can't believe this but I need to cheer for Baltimore next week. KC is nauseating at this point and has clearly become the new New England. Now we have to hear how unbelievably good and clutch Mahomes is because he won a road playoff game. We won't mention it was against a depleted Bills defense and they luck out because the Bills supposed NFL kicker can't kick in the wind and chokes a kick any decent college kicker should make.
I guess Mahomes “lucked out” when the Chiefs won those 2 Super Bowls too huh?

I won't and didn't watch the Chiefs regular season games because of it. Get her off the screen. As if celebrities don't have enough fame and screen time. I watch football to, well, watch football. I don't want football with a side of celebrity promotion.
Did you complain as much when the networks repeatedly keep showing various players’ mothers? I’m sure the Chiefs will survive your narrow minded refusal to watch their games.

Reactions: knickslions
Why don't they show her after the Chiefs lose? That's what I want to see.

Reactions: hotrodbob34

LOL. I like the Harbaughs. They seem solidly based in their Catholic faith. Not perfect, but better than phone sex with a supplier.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Someone asked if anyone is not going to watch their games because of showing Taylor Swift several times a game. I answered honestly. I didn't watch their games except the playoff game yesterday. I wasn't attacking KC fans so no need to attack me for simply answering a question honestly. I just don't like celebrities who feel the need to self-promote. Don't they already have enough attention?

Do you define self promotion as showing up?

Pretty soon you're going to be paying $499.99 to even watch the Super Bowl. And as long as they have a dancing bear like Taylor Swift to bring in even more viewers who don't know a punt from a bunt and are willing to fork over the money you'll have 260 million viewers rogering up to drop whatever it costs to watch. So that's what, $130 billion? Sounds about right to me. If I was Travis Kelce or Pat Mahomes or the last guy on the taxi squad I'd want $35 million bonus, minimum. A star like PM or even Andy Reid should realize $2 billion each.

I notice State Farm is not only the major sponsor of the game but also the major sponsor of the wrapup shows. You can't look at the screen without seeing State Farm's logo at least twice. Seeing as three of the guys on one of the final four teams have a lucrative deal with State Farm, of course the Chiefs are going to walk to the SB and probably win it handily. These companies aren't pouring all this cash down the hatch for the Chiefs to lose. This is all a foregone conclusion.
No, I’m not.
I no longer care enough to pay an extra quarter to watch any game…even a PSU game. The only good to come from the Covid period was finding other enjoyable ways to spend my time. I could easily get by for weeks at a time without television.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT