ADVERTISEMENT

Mat Chat w/ Cody Sanderson

Outstanding interview and great insight. Cody is an outstanding representative of PSU, the wrestling program and the kids.. great stuff and well worth the hour. Watching Stanley cup.

I loved what he said around the 6 minute mark about never cheering for another team's wrestlers to lose. It brought to mind the tOSU wrestling tweet about tOSU's best friends on Saturday night in the tournament. Not how we would have handled it, just sayin'......It was also clear that Cody wasn't taking a shot at anyone (like I am); he was just describing the PSU team's and coaches' philosophy.

Outstanding interview and great insight. Cody is an outstanding representative of PSU, the wrestling program and the kids.. great stuff and well worth the hour. Watching Stanley cup.

I don't like hockey.

I loved what he said around the 6 minute mark about never cheering for another team's wrestlers to lose. It brought to mind the tOSU wrestling tweet about tOSU's best friends on Saturday night in the tournament. Not how we would have handled it, just sayin'......It was also clear that Cody wasn't taking a shot at anyone (like I am); he was just describing the PSU team's and coaches' philosophy.
Sounds like the PSU coaching philosophy is lets make things happen or control what we can control. One attitude is positive, another school's is negative.

Reactions: diggerpup
I don't like hockey.

@lionlover -- I'm not sure you realize what you're missing. Or perhaps you're just looking in all the wrong places. :D
:D

normal.jpg

sophie-polkamp.jpg

c74bf6e7b303706ebc397626920290b0.jpg

KATE%2520GREAT%2520PIC%2520DELHI%2520AFSAR.jpg

What the hell happen here, I read the thread to a point, had time today to listen the Matchat and when I came back, the thread turned into Jimmy Kimmel's old The Man Show. Not that I protest but poor Cody.

Anyhow, after listening, wow are we blessed with this coaching staff. Cody is very thoughtful and humble. It is easy to understand why elite wrestling families from Califorina, Texas, Minnesota, Indiana, New York, etc have no problem dropping off their children in State College.

The chat about Zain and his parents at 36 mins is incredible.
Yeah. I was thinking that those exact conversations were also held with PD1, PD2, and PD3 and with the coaches at Baltimore high school, Iowa community college, Nebraska, Iowa State, and Iowa. Well, not at all

Impressive to say the least. I can see why and how they would impress recruits. Cody Sanderson that is - Not the Zamboni girl. Although, she could probably impress a recruit or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT