ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland - Texas

The media has a hard on for over rating Texas. Realistically, other than Mack Brown's run with Vince Young and Colt McCoy, the school has not done much of anything since the Nixon era.

Maryland is still Maryland until proven against better competition.

I've said all along since MD joined the Big 10 that it was a concern. They are upgrading facilities, recruiting well and DJ Durkin is a great football mind.

Maryland has a very solid young football team with developing talent on both sides of the ball. They will be improved again this year. Not sure what the wins/loss record will be, but they are certainly no Rutgers.

Gentlemen first game of year they are far from world beaters let them play 5 or 6 games than Check them out

Reactions: mn78psu83
What to make of turtles? UMD that much improved or Texas still that bad??

Both. Maryland is getting better players and putting a better product on the field. But Texas is awful. Typical Big 12 defense or lack there of.

Both. Maryland is getting better players and putting a better product on the field. But Texas is awful. Typical Big 12 defense or lack there of.

Yep, MD will be a dangerous team this year. Getting better. Saw McLean playing. They've got some talent.

MD gave a B10's reputation a boost. Nice win for them.

Yep, MD will be a dangerous team this year. Getting better. Saw McLean playing. They've got some talent.

MD gave a B10's reputation a boost. Nice win for them.

I agree. Both Rutgers and UMD appear to be much improved. B10 East is going to be very tough top to bottom.

Reactions: Peetz Pool Boy

It might be a little of both, with Herman not living up to hype and MD improving. I remember watching some BTN footage of Durkin at a MD practice in the spring or summer before last season, and I remember posting here that I thought he may be able to do good things at MD, based upon his energy and how the players seemed to buy in. I don't think MD will overtake Penn State as the leading program in the mid Atlantic, but MD should be competitive while Durkin is there.

Any update on Pigram? Seems he came in against us last year and started the rest of the year. A score update noted he went out with an injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT