ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Allen is truly a class act and understands

Do I have it right that Marcus Allen's nickname is "Chico?" If so, I wonder how he came by that.

Marcus is one of the best Penn State football ambassadors ever. Now, that might sound like a stretch. But it's more important now than ever in the age of social media to have popular, well-liked players. Times are changing and he's clearly one of the nation's biggest stars (on Twitter, Instagram, the former Vine and the like) who doesn't play QB, RB, WR/TE. That's a selling point for recruits. Then he goes out and plays like an All-American, while having the character we'd like to see all of our athletes display. Marcus "gets it" and will long be remembered at Penn State. Thank you, Marcus.

It goes by too quickly.

penn-state-marcus-allen-7e18ca6bb67499a6.jpg

FIESTA_BOWL_FOOTBALL_47733642.JPG

Has anyone personified "fun" like Marcus has in the Blue & White? Maybe Mike Gesicki.

All good for a well deserved tribute for Marcus Allen and the team chemistry under CJF.

See also Fun, as personified by Cael Sanderson's Nittany Lion Wrestlers and our Fantastic Five National Champions.

;)

2017-18wrestling-poster-_2.jpg

psu.jpg

Reactions: LionJim
A few days after his college career wrapped up, Penn State safety Marcus Allen, one of the team’s captains, penned a thank you letter to Nittany Lion fans.​

Marcus Allen, an All-Big Ten performer this season, led Penn State with seven tackles in the 35-28 Fiesta Bowl victory over Washington.

He was named the team’s defensive MVP after the performance.

Today, a few days after his last game in a Penn State uniform, he took the time to share his thoughts about his time at Penn State with the program’s fans.

His full letter:

“After having a few days to reflect on my time at Penn State. It’s become crystal clear to me that this university and the Penn State family has given me much more than I could have ever given to them. People talk about the Ohio State blocked field goal being the play that brought Penn State football back. The truth is Penn State football never went anywhere and has never lost it’s greatness. The magic of this program is about the ideas that this place was built on and the community that has embraced it. Penn State would have bounced back to it’s rightful place of greatness with or without me. I’m thankful that I was given the opportunity to grow here as a player and person. People tlk about my humility but they don’t understand that a person has no choice but to remain humble when they are a very small part of something as huge and beautiful as this Penn State family. I was recently reminded of how special this place is by a fan by the name of Dave Mas. Dave was given only 30 days to live after a cancer diagnosis but still wanted to hear from me my teammates and Coach Franklin. His love for our program and Penn State was even bigger than his situation. I just want to say Thank you to the fans for allowing me to forever be part of you and you apart of me. This still feels like a dream and although I may not wear Penn State on my uniform it will forever be engraved in my heart. WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

A few days after his college career wrapped up, Penn State safety Marcus Allen, one of the team’s captains, penned a thank you letter to Nittany Lion fans.​

Marcus Allen, an All-Big Ten performer this season, led Penn State with seven tackles in the 35-28 Fiesta Bowl victory over Washington.

He was named the team’s defensive MVP after the performance.

Today, a few days after his last game in a Penn State uniform, he took the time to share his thoughts about his time at Penn State with the program’s fans.

His full letter:

“After having a few days to reflect on my time at Penn State. It’s become crystal clear to me that this university and the Penn State family has given me much more than I could have ever given to them. People talk about the Ohio State blocked field goal being the play that brought Penn State football back. The truth is Penn State football never went anywhere and has never lost it’s greatness. The magic of this program is about the ideas that this place was built on and the community that has embraced it. Penn State would have bounced back to it’s rightful place of greatness with or without me. I’m thankful that I was given the opportunity to grow here as a player and person. People tlk about my humility but they don’t understand that a person has no choice but to remain humble when they are a very small part of something as huge and beautiful as this Penn State family. I was recently reminded of how special this place is by a fan by the name of Dave Mas. Dave was given only 30 days to live after a cancer diagnosis but still wanted to hear from me my teammates and Coach Franklin. His love for our program and Penn State was even bigger than his situation. I just want to say Thank you to the fans for allowing me to forever be part of you and you apart of me. This still feels like a dream and although I may not wear Penn State on my uniform it will forever be engraved in my heart. WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Saw that. It's kids like Marcus that make you proud to be a Nittany Lion.

Don't know if I have many days left :(

Nor do I. However, if I can keep the pain to manageable, the time is all good and young people like Marcus with that enthusiasm is the best painkiller on Earth. Hope the days you get surprise you in number and joy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT