ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Pitt has lost WR Tipton for the year

What exactly do you mean by "Paterno stuff"? It's widely known that Paterno did exactly as he should have in regards to the second mile / Sandusky scandal. That's indisputable fact. So unless you are clinging to false or outdated information, there is no "Paterno Stuff".

I'm just exhausted from it. It's unlikely Joe knew anything and regardless, he's gone. There's no need to continue to kick the guy while he's dead. The appropriate parties have had their day in court and it's over. Whether or not you agree with the outcomes, it's over. That's what I meant by it.

Well seeing how things are going for MSU and a lot of those players were probably recruited by duzzi, I wouldn't be surprised if pitt is in for a similar fate.
And they are starting closer to the bottom than MSU. MSU fell a long way in one year...it wouldn't take much for Pitt to fall that far since they're starting from 8-5 and easily could have been 6-7.

Pitt has swept many things under the rug since Narduzzi took over. This will be similar. Hell, Bookser was on video getting chased by the cops and hasn't been suspended

What has Pitt swept under the rug? Boyd was suspended. Has anyone else been in trouble outside of Bookser? Hell, our top recruit isn't on campus because of an SAT score. Bookser will be suspended. What has he swept under the rug?

And they are starting closer to the bottom than MSU. MSU fell a long way in one year...it wouldn't take much for Pitt to fall that far since they're starting from 8-5 and easily could have been 6-7.

My bad I wasn't clear, I didn't mean won loss record I meant the players getting into trouble and being kicked off the team.

My bad I wasn't clear, I didn't mean won loss record I meant the players getting into trouble and being kicked off the team.
They could crash and burn on both counts...what a shame.

The Pitt defense in my opinion will be better by the second half of the season. However, they are playing a lot of youth. There is no way they will be a better defense by week 2.

Bob92 are you Captain Cindy Reilly's cousin????Sorry Tipton got hurt,I hate for anyone to get injured.But Steel Curtain said Pitt has 5 wr's running under 4.4 so Coach Pat will be just fine.The Captain still can't understand how PSU recruits so we'll after they abused the Clery Act?Plus no player should play here because Paterno shamed Penn State and he had Don Guman official every game he ever coached!!!!

Pitt has swept many things under the rug since Narduzzi took over. This will be similar. Hell, Bookser was on video getting chased by the cops and hasn't been suspended
But the cops that tackled him are being recruited as LBs. More diamonds in the rough for Narduzzi to coach up.

Reactions: Delco Lion
Bob92 are you Captain Cindy Reilly's cousin????Sorry Tipton got hurt,I hate for anyone to get injured.But Steel Curtain said Pitt has 5 wr's running under 4.4 so Coach Pat will be just fine.The Captain still can't understand how PSU recruits so we'll after they abused the Clery Act?Plus no player should play here because Paterno shamed Penn State and he had Don Guman official every game he ever coached!!!!

You forgot LINK!!!!!!

I have a long way to go to get down to the crapstain's level. However, I am determined.

Pitt will once again stink this year, and nobody will notice.
Link! Narduzzi will once again sink to the depths of MSU depravity! LINK! Pitt's recruiting in PA and all surrounding states will continue to plummet so as to be unnoticeable. LINK!

Reactions: Hardslider21
I'm just exhausted from it. It's unlikely Joe knew anything and regardless, he's gone. There's no need to continue to kick the guy while he's dead. The appropriate parties have had their day in court and it's over. Whether or not you agree with the outcomes, it's over. That's what I meant by it.

While I agree with most of your post, it's not over. Spanier was wrongfully convicted (per jury foreman), and will likely win appeal.

While I agree with most of your post, it's not over. Spanier was wrongfully convicted (per jury foreman), and will likely win appeal.

You're probably right. But in the grand scheme of things, it's time to move past it. But I understand the people who want truth so, I can't criticize too much. I'm just not about the Paterno bashing. Let the guy Rest In Peace. He told the appropriate people.

Reactions: pandaczar12
That absolutely was NOT what the Jury Foreman said (could go over that again, but what would be the point?)

But feel free to carry on.

That absolutely was NOT what the Jury Foreman said (could go over that again, but what would be the point?)

But feel free to carry on.

par·a·phrase
ˈperəˌfrāz/
verb
  1. express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words
The foreman is quoted as saying he believes the verdict was a "mistake". So if asked, do you think the foreman, Richard Black, would say that he was wrongfully convicted or rightfully convicted?

Pitts a mess, you can't win with the plan Nardouchi is using. Rentals at QB, and lies about PS. How is that Paris Ford going to do this year? :p

Isn't it already?
That's because people watched the game, Clemson dominated and kept shooting themselves in the foot. It was simply a fluke.

At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are. Pitt was a 5 loss team. Were there good wins? Sure. But they walked a dangerous line all year because their D under Narduzzi couldn't stop a wet fart.

Lots of close games on their schedule last year against good and bad teams. They had the offense to be 11-2 but a D that could have dropped them to 4-9 if not bailed out.

Reactions: BBrown
At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are. Pitt was a 5 loss team. Were there good wins? Sure. But they walked a dangerous line all year because their D under Narduzzi couldn't stop a wet fart.

Lots of close games on their schedule last year against good and bad teams. They had the offense to be 11-2 but a D that could have dropped them to 4-9 if not bailed out.

This is one of the reasons I think the loss of Matt Canada is going to be bigger than many think, not to mention Connor and Peterman.
It will be interesting to see what their defense can do. They lost their best players from a bad defense.

In spite of their easy schedule, I think Pitt gets no more than 5 wins, total. Recruiting gets even worse. Then, next season, hardly any of Chryst's o-line guys remain, and they'll finally have to start a brand new QB. That year they win 3, and then Narduzzi is gone.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Wasn't the talk here last year that we'd whip them handily? 14-24 points on average.

Obviously i'd be pleased with 3 TD win but they aren't coming to HV to lose. We're going to have to beat them this time... from gun to gun.

No one with any sense of football thought that last year. They were favored. We are favored this year by a lot. And it's warranted. This will be a curb stomping.

But,but,but "Smart Recruits choose Pitt" so says the Great Captain!I guess there aren't any 4-5* smart recruits out there,just 3 * ones?

But,but,but "Smart Recruits choose Pitt" so says the Great Captain!I guess there aren't any 4-5* smart recruits out there,just 3 * ones?
You forget that only 2 and 3 star recruits are smart enough to qualify. That's why their 4 star recruits have trouble qualifying.

He's really close to having a losing record. There were lots of games that he should have lost and didn't. Some may not see it now because of bias, but they will soon. It's the circle of life at Pitt. The luck will run out, he'll have a losing season, head off to greener pastures, and everyone will hate him. Start the cycle all over gain.

Didn't help much with recruiting, did it?

I'm actually quite satisfied with recruiting. Getting into Florida big time is huge. Tons of talented kids there.
That's because people watched the game, Clemson dominated and kept shooting themselves in the foot. It was simply a fluke.

You could very easily say the exact same thing about Ohio state in your win

I'm actually quite satisfied with recruiting. Getting into Florida big time is huge. Tons of talented kids there.

You could very easily say the exact same thing about Ohio state in your win

Did you watch the 4th quarter of the OSU-PSU game? PSU's DL totally dominated OSU's OL. In no way did OSU "dominate" PSU. They may have mad more yards on offense and had a 14 point lead at one time but they hardly dominated.

Did you watch the 4th quarter of the OSU-PSU game? PSU's DL totally dominated OSU's OL. In no way did OSU "dominate" PSU. They may have mad more yards on offense and had a 14 point lead at one time but they hardly dominated.

Good point. What irritates me is the continued mantra, initiated by that deceptive homer Herbstreit, that Penn State's win was a fluke. It was Penn State that gave up 7 points on an unforced fumbled punt deep in Lion territory; it was Penn State that gave up a free 2 points on an unforced snap over the punter's head into the end zone; it was Penn State that lost 3 more points on a blocked FG (note that Davis was perfect on every FG attempt all year except the 2 that were blocked ... he never "missed" a FG).

So only a totally biased Buckeye homer like Herbstreit could call that win a fluke. Penn State forced the Buckeye errors when #31 reached out and blocked a punt (though it only set up a FG) and when #2 blocked the long FG attempt leading to #15's touchdown return. In addition, Penn State's DL forced 5 sacks in the 2nd half, as many as the OSU OL had given up the entire season prior to that game.

Yet, I expect the love fest for Herbstreit will renew this fall with some PSU fans when he praises the Nittany Lions weekly in yet another effort to set up what he expects to be a Buckeye win.

Reactions: PSU87 and BBrown
Good point. What irritates me is the continued mantra, initiated by that deceptive homer Herbstreit, that Penn State's win was a fluke. It was Penn State that gave up 7 points on an unforced fumbled punt deep in Lion territory; it was Penn State that gave up a free 2 points on an unforced snap over the punter's head into the end zone; it was Penn State that lost 3 more points on a blocked FG (note that Davis was perfect on every FG attempt all year except the 2 that were blocked ... he never "missed" a FG).

So only a totally biased Buckeye homer like Herbstreit could call that win a fluke. Penn State forced the Buckeye errors when #31 reached out and blocked a punt (though it only set up a FG) and when #2 blocked the long FG attempt leading to #15's touchdown return. In addition, Penn State's DL forced 5 sacks in the 2nd half, as many as the OSU OL had given up the entire season prior to that game.

Yet, I expect the love fest for Herbstreit will renew this fall with some PSU fans when he praises the Nittany Lions weekly in yet another effort to set up what he expects to be a Buckeye win.

+1. Herby's act is isn't fooling many people anymore...well maybe the really stupid ones at ESPN....ok I guess that means
everyone at ESPN, never mind.:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT