ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for advice-would you fly to Key West?

I wouldn't go to Florida, Arizona, Texas, Utah, or other states which are starting to rock the virus, with record #s of new cases every day. Not now, not until those trend lines start back down

Reactions: massimoManca II
You may have a very long wait. No one has ever been successful in targeting a vaccine to the rna of a viral coronavirus. People thinking there will be an effective vaccine by years end could have a very long wait.
Exactly.

Go to the Dashboard and it will tell you the infections by county and zip code (Key West = Monroe/33040). Testing is very good in the Keys. Total confirmed cases in Key West equals 67 so far.
You understand that a positive test is counted toward the state and county that the person lives in? So if someone or a group tests positive in KW, it's not counted to that total.

You understand that a positive test is counted toward the state and county that the person lives in? So if someone or a group tests positive in KW, it's not counted to that total.
The Florida website breaks out residents and non-residents who tested positive in the Keys. To date, we have had 13 non-residents who tested positive. Also, consider the Keys were isolated by road block until June 1st. For the most part only residents of the Keys were allowed in the Keys. Most non-residents were forced to leave at the end of March.

How do you like living in Islamorada? Beautiful area but how do you like living on such a small narrow land mass?
If you love to fish and I do, it's paradise. Having said that, we go to New England for the summer/fall. Don't think I would want to be there year around. Btw, I have met a number of Penn Staters living in the Keys. My neighbor is former Nittany Lion cheerleader.

Flags all over the field.....
here's the problem with that
iu

but maybe not for some

Reactions: PSU87
I have a trip to Key West scheduled for early July for 4 days with a group of friends. I fly from Philadelphia to Miami then to Key West.

So, my question is would you take the trip? I have noticed the cases in Florida are on the rise. It looks like Key West is pretty much open.

I am starting to have second thoughts. I am in my late 40s, pretty much healthy, but thinking why take the risk? Thanks.

Absolutely not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT