ADVERTISEMENT

Longest 3 day week ever

just for fun -

My typical Thursday morning at NCAAs
- a bottle of water and 2 Tylenol when my eyes open ...
- breakfast at the hotel
- check for tickets at least 100x
- arrive at least 2 hours before wrestling starts, ONLY to bitch that the doors should open 2 hours early, I'm always in line for 30 minutes
- doors open - find the nearest merchandise store and buy the annual shirt and program
- get a $6.00 cup of coffee
- find my seat an hour early
- watch warmups for an hour
- remember to get up and PEE before action start
- get a $5.00 bottle of water and take 2 more Tylenol (mutter to myself NO DRINKING tonight)

just for fun -

- breakfast at the hotel
- arrive at least 2 hours before wrestling starts, ONLY to bitch that the doors should open 2 hours early, I'm always in line for 30 minutes
- doors open - find the nearest merchandise store and buy the annual shirt and program
- get a $5.00 bottle of water and take 2 more Tylenol (mutter to myself NO DRINKING tonight)

Pretty accurate but one plot twist is that they serve alcohol at NCAAs now. You're a better person than me if you make it to the end of the session without having a beer, despite swearing never to drink again when walking in.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Pretty accurate but one plot twist is that they serve alcohol at NCAAs now. You're a better person than me if you make it to the end of the session without having a beer, despite swearing never to drink again when walking in.

They are? When did that start? Concessions are so expensive I never buy anything but water and most of the time I bring my own water in with me so I don't even check out the concession stands.

just for fun -

- breakfast at the hotel

And I thought I was the only one that checked for tickets 100 Xs.

Differences is that I get there 1/2 hour before and I have to buy the program.

Then I stupidly leave the program insert coupon back at the hotel for 3 out of the next 5 sessions.

We had a suite in Pittsburgh which has the best benefit of its own indoor plumbing. At my age and with my meds, a close bathroom allows me to watch matches instead of standing in the men's room line and missing Pletcher and what's his name wrestle.

Speaking of that subject and hospitality, thanks Bordeaux.

I normally like to watch NCAAs solo so that I can focus on the action and not have to split my attention and pretend to be social if watching with someone else 😅.

My parents are visiting Friday and Saturday because they want to watch with me this year. They are wrestling fans as well but they mostly just know the PSU guys and don’t have as big of an interest in watching other matches. Had to lay ground rules that they can come but must find ways to entertain themselves in situations when a PSU guy isn’t wrestling 😆

We have a 6 month old so there is the perk of my mother willingly agreeing to be a baby sitter for all of Friday and Saturday. This will also give me a get out of jail free card with my wife because she will benefit from those babysitter services also! Win-win

And I thought I was the only one that checked for tickets 100 Xs.

Differences is that I get there 1/2 hour before and I have to buy the program.

Then I stupidly leave the program insert coupon back at the hotel for 3 out of the next 5 sessions.

We had a suite in Pittsburgh which has the best benefit of its own indoor plumbing. At my age and with my meds, a close bathroom allows me to watch matches instead of standing in the men's room line and missing Pletcher and what's his name wrestle.

Speaking of that subject and hospitality, thanks Bordeaux.
No problem. My urinal is available to you anytime.
BTW, remember when you didn't have the private restroom available?
giphy.gif

A couple of us fanatics will be hanging out at my golf club bar in southern York county ... socially distanced of course while abiding by the rules, you must have food with your booze!

We have plenty of room for a few more to join us if you live in the area ... $2.75 for 16oz draft and 9 bucks for wings

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin310
just for fun -

- breakfast at the hotel
LOL, a few years ago just prior to the 1st round MickPSU realized he grabbed his will instead of the tickets from his safe. He had every ticket for the entire group still in Pennsylvania. After some tense moments we were able to handle the problem, Goldbanger was contemplating all sorts of methods of torture. Mick PSU survived unharmed...barely!

A couple of us fanatics will be hanging out at my golf club bar in southern York county ... socially distanced of course while abiding by the rules, you must have food with your booze!

We have plenty of room for a few more to join us if you live in the area ... $2.75 for 16oz draft and 9 bucks for wings

I am moving up to Southern York in two months. We will have to get together for next year’s festivities!

Bon Air?

Brother: That is some funny funny sh*t!! LOL!! I don't think it will go down that way, but regardless, you still made me laugh my a** off! What a great group of guys on this site...and some funny son-of-a-guns!! :)

Good luck tomorrow fellas!!
MusicCityHawk, You are always welcome to play in our sandbox. And hopefully you find us less funny Saturday night! Enjoy the next three days.
giphy.gif

just for fun -

- breakfast at the hotel
That’s very close to my usual schedule. This year we have PSU Wrestling nuts from Philly, Allentown, and Denver to our farm in southern Appalachia. Brand new fiber optic line just installed this week (courtesy of some “govment” program) so the viewing should be untroubled by the big storms rolling up outta Alabama & Tenn. Coffee, danish, and home made hash (it was just St. Patty’s day) for AM sessions and open bar (Jamisons, Jack, and local shine) anytime after noon. Plan is to start with tasteful toasts to our W’s and devolve into hearty displays of male behavior anytime the we see anything that favors the good guys (ie: guys from
Iowa City lookin at lights).

This year we inadvertently scheduled vacation in Tampa during the championships😕. When I realized what had happened I threw out a subtle comment about changing dates with Mrs. yekrut321. Well that went over like Jefe’s smoking power plant gif😞. So even now I am trying to decide whether to completely unplug from the championships and watch them when I get home next week or give into the instant gratification of following the threads. By the way while at Anna Maria Island yesterday I wore my Penn State Wrestling tshirt and had good wrestling discussions with a Penn State fan and a Iowa Hawkeye fan!

Reactions: SWPA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT