ADVERTISEMENT

Like I said, “bonkers” to think we would be in Rose Bowl

Moral of the story, don’t stink it up in Minneapolis. Take note Rahne, Smith and Franklin.

When I think JoeBot, I think bonkers.

Still waiting for your reply on Lloyd Carr. Can't get bat off your shoulder, JoeBot??

It was a joke in 2016 when OSU was in the playoff

That was less of a joke than this. We lost to Pitt and got demolished by Michigan

This is a huge slap in the face. I expect it to propel us to a 'revenge' year in 2020

Moral of the story, don’t stink it up in Minneapolis. Take note Rahne, Smith and Franklin.

Moral of the story, stink it up in Champaign against a team that lost by 19 to a 3-9 team and no one cares. The only good thing is that, as Notre Dame proved year after year, the reward for getting into a bowl you don’t deserve is an ass beating by a better team.

Reactions: Gnat91
That was less of a joke than this. We lost to Pitt and got demolished by Michigan

This is a huge slap in the face. I expect it to propel us to a 'revenge' year in 2020

Barely hang on against Michigan. Lost to Minnie. Dominated by O$U. No offensive identity.

Barely hang on against Michigan. Lost to Minnie. Dominated by O$U. No offensive identity.
I wouldn’t say dominated by OSU, we never had a chance to win because our offense is a joke. The two years of Donovan and the two years of Rahne have been a joke.

I wish that there was an unlike button which i would use for this stupid post.

Barely hang on against Michigan.....is a win for PSU against a top 12 team.......we beat Iowa on the road, We beat Sparty on the road.......we played Minnesota in the biggest game in 30 years on the road and Minn played their best game and won.

Insane that Wisconsin loses but does not drop any further........

Goof for you - you want a cookie for being right pal. Gotta love the people that put stupid posts out like this - "hey look PSU stinks and the coaches stink and oh year I was finally right about something" you need to get a life.

From looking at the final rankings its pretty obvious the conferences and bowls had a HUGE say in the final rankings after the top 4.

They made sure to keep UVA in at 24 so the ACC would get 2 teams in the big bowls, otherwise the Orange could have chosen some else.

Wisky to the Rose is now a way to try and save the Cotton, who would watch the Cotton with Wisky vs Memphis? Putting PSU here brings one of the biggest fan bases in the country to a place where we haven't been in a VERY long time.

Truthfully the Rose could have went either way and been fine, but the Cotton would have been destroyed by not getting PSU, now ESPN has something to pimp in this game.

I think what killed us was the mediocre showing vs. Indiana and Clifford not even playing vs. Rutgers.

We seemed to be sputtering towards the end.

I wouldn’t say dominated by OSU, we never had a chance to win because our offense is a joke. The two years of Donovan and the two years of Rahne have been a joke.

Yes, and that shutdown pass defense of ours cripples an opponent. Franklin's extension is money well spent. No thanks. I'm staying home.

Yes, and that shutdown pass defense of ours cripples an opponent. Franklin's extension is money well spent. No thanks. I'm staying home.

You can watch 2019 Dallas Cowboy highlights. That should kill 20 minutes.

I guess I won’t go either since it won’t be the same without you.

From looking at the final rankings its pretty obvious the conferences and bowls had a HUGE say in the final rankings after the top 4.

They made sure to keep UVA in at 24 so the ACC would get 2 teams in the big bowls, otherwise the Orange could have chosen some else.

Wisky to the Rose is now a way to try and save the Cotton, who would watch the Cotton with Wisky vs Memphis? Putting PSU here brings one of the biggest fan bases in the country to a place where we haven't been in a VERY long time.

Truthfully the Rose could have went either way and been fine, but the Cotton would have been destroyed by not getting PSU, now ESPN has something to pimp in this game.

"From looking at the final rankings its pretty obvious the conferences and bowls had a HUGE say in the final rankings after the top 4."

Finally, someone who "gets it". The bowls, the conferences, and ESPN determine how they want to fill out the bowl games (using the conference tie ins, etc,) and the CFP committee completes the final rankings accordingly.

The Orange Bowl wanted Florida instead of PSU - although we travel well, they wanted a "local" team for ticket sales because UVA isn't bringing a lot of fans or national TV interest. Thus, Florida finished 1 spot ahead of us.

The Rose/Cotton/ESPN agreed to send Wisconsin to the Rose since they haven't been there since 2013 and we were there 3 years ago. Wisconsin was in the Cotton Bowl three years ago and we haven't been to the Cotton Bowl since 1975. .

The other factor that game into play is this is the year the Cotton Bowl is designated as the G5 bowl - meaning nobody from the P5 really wants to play in a bowl against the G5 team. Since Wisconsin got stuck in that position 3 years ago, the powers to be decided against sending them into that situation for the second time in 3 years and put us there instead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT