ADVERTISEMENT

Let's not judge Urban until all the facts are in. Remember Joe

It is emotion based...We're supposed to hope the NCAA has learned from the mistake and won't do it again.
Not emotion based, that’s what you think. How is wanting equal treatment for anyone emotion based and not logic based? It’s logical to think if Penn State got nailed for what they did, other schools should get nailed for doing worse. How do you not see that? It doesn’t fit in with your anti-PSU rant?

Not emotion based, that’s what you think. How is wanting equal treatment for anyone emotion based and not logic based? It’s logical to think if Penn State got nailed for what they did, other schools should get nailed for doing worse. How do you not see that? It doesn’t fit in with your anti-PSU rant?

How is it anti-Penn State saying we shouldn't have been punished?
I'm not a toddler unlike you--just because someone wrongly stole my cookie doesn't mean I want everyone else to have their cookie taken away. This is your worst argument ever. Let's sanction everyone wrongly because it was done to us. How do you not see how clueless that is? You're not stupid but you're acting like you are.
Stop being bitter--move on. Focus on what should be done not what was incorrectly done in the past

I'm not a toddler unlike you--just because someone wrongly stole my cookie doesn't mean I want everyone else to have their cookie taken away. This is your worst argument ever. Let's sanction everyone wrongly because it was done to us. How do you not see how clueless that is? You're not stupid but you're acting like you are.
Stop being bitter--move on. Focus on what should be done not what was incorrectly done in the past
Funny, you calling someone stupid. We got sanctioned for not doing anything, these other schools did do something...that’s the point Einstein. It would be like you getting punished wrongly for stealing a cookie (that you didn’t steal) then someone else actually steals a cookie but gets let off because you were wrongly punished. Doesn’t make sense, or is that too complicated for you? And every post you make is anti-PSU or a passive aggressive compliment. Everyone has had you figured out for a long time, but keep trying.

Funny, you calling someone stupid. We got sanctioned for not doing anything, these other schools did do something...that’s the point Einstein. It would be like you getting punished wrongly for stealing a cookie (that you didn’t steal) then someone else actually steals a cookie but gets let off because you were wrongly punished. Doesn’t make sense, or is that too complicated for you? And every post you make is anti-PSU or a passive aggressive compliment. Everyone has had you figured out for a long time, but keep trying.

two words consent decree

when another school wants to be sanctioned you let me know.

There's nothing anti-Penn State...you being unable to be honest or criticize Penn State is why you think things are anti=Penn State when they aren't

De Niro of course. Unfortunately this scandal ruins the legacy of every great coach they’ve ever had. So they have a lot of different coaches to cast in the movie.

The legacies of Tressel and Woody were ruined before this.

Either the punishment should be equal or the bowl and fine money should be returned to Penn State. Nothing you can really do about the lost scholarships and early dismissal students. That’s not emotional, that’s common sense.

Reactions: Gnat91
1. Let me know when we ask for any of that
2. We were complicit in their lie. We need to stop pretending our powers that be want any of what your asking for.
3. You're not asking for equal treatment...you're being petty and just want others to suffer as we have

You claim they [NCAA] made a mistake, and they know it. So, why don't they perform the honorable, ethical and moral action and return the funds to Sender? If they don't, then there is no alternative but to cite both MSU and OSU for LOIC. Take away scholarships, take general funds and take bowl money from OSU. Strip them of their National Title in football in 2015. As for MSU, take their general funds and, as sad as it is, limit their scholarships for gymnastics.

I am asking for equal treatment. I'm not being petty. What is wrong with equal treatment? You seem to want equal treatment on the old playing field. This is a new era. Time for equal justice.

1. Let me know when we ask for any of that
2. We were complicit in their lie. We need to stop pretending our powers that be want any of what your asking for.
3. You're not asking for equal treatment...you're being petty and just want others to suffer as we have

78SR a PSU fan, BS on that!!!! A bit of history ----- 1978 PSU vs OSU ----- 19-0 PSU RUINS the debut of Art Schlicter, four ints. ------- he whose only future claim to fame is as a gambler who has done major time in the clink!!!!! 78SR is Schlicter, now pretending to be some sort of PSU fan while consistently putting down PSU every dam* chance he gets! Nice to see you out of the slammer ----- or do you now have computer privileges at the prison library?

You claim they [NCAA] made a mistake, and they know it. So, why don't they perform the honorable, ethical and moral action and return the funds to Sender? If they don't, then there is no alternative but to cite both MSU and OSU for LOIC. Take away scholarships, take general funds and take bowl money from OSU. Strip them of their National Title in football in 2015. As for MSU, take their general funds and, as sad as it is, limit their scholarships for gymnastics.

I am asking for equal treatment. I'm not being petty. What is wrong with equal treatment? You seem to want equal treatment on the old playing field. This is a new era. Time for equal justice.
But according to 78Sweet, we asked for it so that’s why we got the sanctions. It had nothing to do with the NCAA or their need to appease the Lynch mob.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
But according to 78Sweet, we asked for it so that’s why we got the sanctions. It had nothing to do with the NCAA or their need to appease the Lynch mob.
The leadership buckled to the Sh!tstorm. All they had to do was put everyone on admin leave and say this is a legal matter, this will get worked out in the courts. Instead they freaked out and made awful decision after awful decision. It honestly was a what not to do in a crisis course.

The leadership buckled to the Sh!tstorm. All they had to do was put everyone on admin leave and say this is a legal matter, this will get worked out in the courts. Instead they freaked out and made awful decision after awful decision. It honestly was a what not to do in a crisis course.
True, but the NCAA overstepped and they didn’t have to regardless of what our leadership did or didn’t do.

True, but the NCAA overstepped and they didn’t have to regardless of what our leadership did or didn’t do.
The NCAA had been struggling to look relevant for a decade plus, took a shot, and failed. That is why they had to backtrack on the ships and sanctions so quickly. That was all about puffing out a chest from an organization that collects money off the backs of young student athletes....while turning a blind eye to the things they were supposed to enforce. They actually made themselves even weaker by doing that to PSU....imagine that.

No far from the truth.

Bob Evans Restaurants is reportedly removing Urbs image from its upcoming fall Buckeye Breakfast menu following the recent accusations. His free Hashed Brown's are ending, that is a slap in the molar.
Hey--all you have to do is go to Cleveland to find some hashed Browns.;);)

I believe that is sliced and diced browns, in Cleveland. Of course, in the preseason, its Super Hashed Browns or that is what I was informed last fall. Hope springs eternal in the soul unabashed and unremembered.

The NCAA had been struggling to look relevant for a decade plus, took a shot, and failed. That is why they had to backtrack on the ships and sanctions so quickly. That was all about puffing out a chest from an organization that collects money off the backs of young student athletes....while turning a blind eye to the things they were supposed to enforce. They actually made themselves even weaker by doing that to PSU....imagine that.
This is so true. The NCAA cut off their own balls with PSU.

Reactions: BowieLion

Many people here, who are not trolls like 78sweetbeverage, have made the point that we were sanctioned harshly simply because erickson and the bot asked for it. That's bullshit. The ncaa and emmert clearly bear responsibility, and even more responsibility than anyone at Penn State.

It is reprehensible that erickson and the old-guard trustees threw the football program under the bus. However, the ncaa and emmert are responsible for (a) sanctioning Penn State for (alleged) transgressions outside the purview, and (b) doing so without conducting their own investigation, both of which are in clear violation of ncaa bylaws. The ncaa and emmert had a responsibility to follow their bylaws and ignore any requests for sanctions from Penn State, period.

"Please if you live anywhere near Columbus come down I'll buy you lunch when we're down there. Thank you and go bucks,” said Hamms.
For those of you who live near Columbus, look this guy up and get a free lunch out of him. Or is he lying about the free lunch as some kind of weird Urban Meyer tribute?

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
For those of you who live near Columbus, look this guy up and get a free lunch out of him. Or is he lying about the free lunch as some kind of weird Urban Meyer tribute?
Too bad I moved from there 10 months ago.

Reactions: PSUcup1
lol at it being "defending Ohio State" instead of it being consistent with my stance during the Sandusky bullshit. Essentially you want someone punished in the same wrong way Paterno was out of bitterness...now that's sad.

78OSU, let me explain something to you. And this is true in the world of sports or politics or religion or whatever-the-hell.

When you use double standards, so that one party gets screwed and the other goes scot-free for similar behavior, you contribute to a mentality of corruption and BS.

And nothing good comes from such a mentality. In fact, the only thing that comes from it is more corruption and BS.

The point being, if the people who screwed over Penn State have to deal with one of their own favorites being screwed over, well, then maybe the next time they'll be inclined to act with a modicum of fairness and decency.

But if they get away with their corrupt BS act, then nothing will change.

Kapeesh, paisan???

Bottom Line: Urban Meyer should go. Forthwith. There's no other way to protect the integrity of the game.

Don't worry, man. Your team will find another coach in short order.

Hey man... come by more often. Great post.

Thanks, man.

I'll definitely be back when the season starts.

The excitement is building. Tough conference schedule, but most of the difficult games are at home. If we can escape with just one loss, we're in.

Holy crap, it's hard to believe...considering where things stood just a few years ago.

78OSU, let me explain something to you. And this is true in the world of sports or politics or religion or whatever-the-hell.

When you use double standards, so that one party gets screwed and the other goes scot-free for similar behavior, you contribute to a mentality of corruption and BS.

And nothing good comes from such a mentality. In fact, the only thing that comes from it is more corruption and BS.

The point being, if the people who screwed over Penn State have to deal with one of their own favorites being screwed over, well, then maybe the next time they'll be inclined to act with a modicum of fairness and decency.

But if they get away with their corrupt BS act, then nothing will change.

Kapeesh, paisan???

Bottom Line: Urban Meyer should go. Forthwith. There's no other way to protect the integrity of the game.

Don't worry, man. Your team will find another coach in short order.
If it's wrong to have done it to us, it's wrong to do it to them.

Your solution is to empower the NCAA whether that's your intention or not.

We, collectively, need to learn from our mistakes. Not double down.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Many people here, who are not trolls like 78sweetbeverage, have made the point that we were sanctioned harshly simply because erickson and the bot asked for it. That's bullshit. The ncaa and emmert clearly bear responsibility, and even more responsibility than anyone at Penn State.

It is reprehensible that erickson and the old-guard trustees threw the football program under the bus. However, the ncaa and emmert are responsible for (a) sanctioning Penn State for (alleged) transgressions outside the purview, and (b) doing so without conducting their own investigation, both of which are in clear violation of ncaa bylaws. The ncaa and emmert had a responsibility to follow their bylaws and ignore any requests for sanctions from Penn State, period.

I believe PSU asked for sanctions as part of the "move on" strategy, but the NCAA double crossed Erickson and used PSU as a power grab. The NCAA used Freeh to make an example of PSU.

Would it be possible to consider the two situations mutually exclusive? You know, have your thoughts about the wrongs committed to Joe Paterno on one hand, and then have your own thoughts about what should be done regarding Urban Meyer on the other hand?

It was wrong to do to us because Paterno didn’t do anything wrong. That shouldn’t give every other school a pass no matter what they do.

It was wrong to do to us because Paterno didn’t do anything wrong. That shouldn’t give every other school a pass no matter what they do.
I'm not suggesting that. I just think this situation is being blown out of proportion.

Would it be possible to consider the two situations mutually exclusive? You know, have your thoughts about the wrongs committed to Joe Paterno on one hand, and then have your own thoughts about what should be done regarding Urban Meyer on the other hand?

Nah, f*ck urban and f*ck ohio state. Burn the whole thing down to the ground.

Reactions: odshowtime
In the end, Meyer will be reinstated using the same justification that was used to fire Paterno

Isn't it odd that neither Emmert nor Delaney has said a word publicly about OSU or MD? Not a peep.
That's a good thing! There's no proof that their silence represents a lesson learned, but anything's possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT