ADVERTISEMENT

Let's not judge Urban until all the facts are in. Remember Joe

After we got drug through the mud and crapped on by the whole country, particularly OSU country, I have already made my opinion regardless of anything else that urban is completely guilty and should’ve done more. As a matter fact he is an enabler and should be prosecuted as a criminal.

Well, there is someone it didn’t bring down...

Taking the Trump approach (never apologize, capitalize on controversy and polarization) would be an extraordinarily bold move for a major state University to take... I say this with no particular joy, but I don’t see how Meyer keeps his job for more than a couple more days. In fact I’d say that only him losing his job is not the worst case scenario for OSU depending on what lies under the carpet with this whole situation.

Where were the civil authorities in all of this ? Where were the policies at the University level ?
I would think after the Sandusky scandal there would have been all sorts of background checks on employees who were even existing employees. Who knew about this besides the police and Urban and his wife ?
It seems like when allegations of criminality are legitimate, the employee should be suspended with pay until a reasonable due process is completed to decide termination. What was tOSU’s policy and why was it apparently not followed ?
It seems like this isn’t just an Urban Meyer failure, but a tOSU failure and a criminal justice failure.
Not all battered spouses have husbands or ex- husbands who work with nationally famous football coaches. What happens if they tell their husband’s bosses wives when that is the case ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Connorpozlee
Where were the civil authorities in all of this ? Where were the policies at the University level ?
I would think after the Sandusky scandal there would have been all sorts of background checks on employees who were even existing employees. Who knew about this besides the police and Urban and his wife ?
It seems like when allegations of criminality are legitimate, the employee should be suspended with pay until a reasonable due process is completed to decide termination. What was tOSU’s policy and why was it alparently not followed ?
It seems like this isn’t just an Urban Meyer failure, but a tOSU failure and a criminal justice failure.
Not all battered spouses have husbands or ex- husbands who work with nationally famous football coaches. What happens if they tell their husband’s bosses wives when that is the case ?
The picture is clear to me this summer via the wrestling and football scandals - a longterm loss of institutional control. All athletics should be dropped at osu to be potentially reintroduced in 100 years after a $100 mill fine.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
The picture is clear to me this summer via the wrestling and football scandals - a longterm loss of institutional control. All athletics should be dropped at osu to be potentially reintroduced in 100 years after a $100 mill fine.
Yes, give them time to contemplate their mistakes and allow then to move their culture away from the worship of athletics. At least that was the rationale given by Emmert upon imposing our sanctions.

Reactions: odshowtime
after all the drama, if he in fact reported it in 2015 there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here

Reactions: dailybuck777
after all the drama, if he in fact reported it in 2015 there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here
Perhaps. But recap. He knew in 2009 and counselled the Smiths. He knew about 2015 and says he reported it. He still kept Smith on staff until 2018. Urbs appears to be very loyal. I guess he can say it was investigated and charges were dropped so nothing to see here.

The problem is that he runs his program on integrity and treating women respectfully. Those values are kaput. He now is an admitted liar. Whether OSU President, Board, fans, alumni, coaches and players care or not, I'm not sure.

I do wonder what LJ thinks. Zack admitted that he could have been sources of his wife bruises and that he was restraining her. Further, he claims he did not abuse her. BUT McMurphy has a text showing that Zack admits to cheating and strangling her. Apparently, Zack cheated on her multiple times on campus and rumors are that he even made sex tapes.

One would think it would be hard to keep others from finding out about this behavior. Certainly, his wife knew. I'm guessing that adultery is pretty rampant and the coaching profession is mostly a man's club where such indiscretions are overlooked, even by supposedly high moral individuals. No wonder Franklin is so careful with his hires. I hope none eventually put him through this.

I wasted time reading all about Ohio State’s Title IX policy.... on the positive, I have a feeling it’ll come in handy again.

index.php.jpg

Sadly this reference is lost on more and more young people.

Perhaps. But recap. He knew in 2009 and counselled the Smiths. He knew about 2015 and says he reported it. He still kept Smith on staff until 2018. Urbs appears to be very loyal. I guess he can say it was investigated and charges were dropped so nothing to see here.

I see this as a bit of a problem either way. If he reported it, OSU should've done some investigating, found his history and immediately removed him in 15. So either Urban is lying again or OSU messed up. I think they'll try to offer up Gene Smith to keep Urban.

was guilty even before any facts were out.
Idealistically yes but we all know realistically that the facts will never all come in. The OSU coverup committee is hard at work right now and when they submit their one paragraph report all will be forgiven, right back at it, business as usual in Ohio.

Reactions: bmw199
One thing that has been going around in my head about this is that if tOSU fired Smith, his ex - wife loses his income and she undoubetdly has primary custody of the children. Smith is probably unemployable outside of delivering pizzas. I am just wondering how this fits into events. I have some ideas.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Did you read about the “staffer” who he brought home after a night of drinking?

Now, who knows for sure, but when you see that situation (which is acknowledged by all concerned as a “truth”), and lay it over the rampant rumors dating back to Urby’s time at UF....... one can’t help but to at least wonder what the deep story is there.
Does it remind anybody of MM? Gambler, drinker, adulterer, dick picture taker. And either liar or exaggerator, but definitely coward. And he was part of Joe's downfall and Joe was loyal to him too.

One thing that has been going around in my head about this is that if tOSU fired Smith, his ex - wife loses his income and she undoubetdly has primary custody of the children. Smith is probably unemployable outside of delivering pizzas. I am just wondering how this fits into events. I have some ideas.
It seems to be a shared parenting situation, from news reports. The current thing apparently blew up when the ex-husband tried to drop off his kid at a neutral site and the ex-wife wasn't there and wasn't contactable, so he took the kid to her house.

Did you read about the “staffer” who he brought home after a night of drinking?

Now, who knows for sure, but when you see that situation (which is acknowledged by all concerned as a “truth”), and lay it over the rampant rumors dating back to Urby’s time at UF....... one can’t help but to at least wonder what the deep story is there.
That staffer ended by marrying ex Buckeye TE Rory Nicol

There are text messages from the victim to Urban's wife. TBH, I don't need much more than that. Urban has always been a scumbag.

What concrete evidence did they have on Joe?
Joe was never charged with anything. In fact, attorney general said he was not even under investigation (or something like that). He also reported his mcquery conversation with his boss, just as required. Didn’t stop the lynch mob.

And we don't choose all our elected leaders by majority vote. Sometimes the Electoral College decides who is President.
Everytime in presidential elections, the electoral college decides the winner.

If anything shouldn't we have learned from how we were treated and not repeat it? Repeating past mistakes isn't a good thing. If our BOT actually did anything maybe we'd get the money back. Wanting Ohio State (or anyone else punished) is just petty. Unless, of course, you believe we should have been punished which I know you don't
Inthe world of income equality, sexual equality, racial equality, I want sanction equality

Reactions: AWS1022
It seems to be a shared parenting situation, from news reports. The current thing apparently blew up when the ex-husband tried to drop off his kid at a neutral site and the ex-wife wasn't there and wasn't contactable, so he took the kid to her house.
People, especially the low IQ media, focus in on Urban Meyer to the exclusion of everything else, as if this begins and ends with him and that he alone was responsible for this situation. Even though it’s a bit different situation, it’s the same sort of coverage we saw with Joe. Nobody seems to be mentioning that worst aspects of this situation will fall on the kids : a broken home, a bad father and no money.

This is why I expect a payout of some sort from tOSU. They will eventually have to do it for PR reasons.
The thing is, think of how many situations there are like this where the Dad doesn’t work for a famous football coach at a large univesity with a well - funded football program.

People, especially the low IQ media, focus in on Urban Meyer to the exclusion of everything else, as if this begins and ends with him and that he alone was responsible for this situation. Even though it’s a bit different situation, it’s the same sort of coverage we saw with Joe. Nobody seems to be mentioning that worst aspects of this situation will fall on the kids : a broken home, a bad father and no money.

This is why I expect a payout of some sort from tOSU. They will eventually have to do it for PR reasons.
The thing is, think of how many situations there are like this where the Dad doesn’t work for a famous football coach at a large univesity with a well - funded football program.

urban meyer is the most powerful person in ohio. He runs the place.

Reactions: Hotshoe

That's his story. The fact is, when there is a restraining order against you, you are explicitly told not to go anywhere near your wife's property no matter what. Even if she sends you a handwritten invitation, you will be arrested if you show up at her house.

urban meyer is the most powerful person in ohio. He runs the place.
No far from the truth.

Bob Evans Restaurants is reportedly removing Urbs image from its upcoming fall Buckeye Breakfast menu following the recent accusations. His free Hashed Brown's are ending, that is a slap in the molar.

An observation...or two...or three.

So I drop by here for, like, the second time in six months, and what do you know, there's 78SR in another frenzy to defend Ohio State. Some things never change.

Regarding Urban Meyer, as somebody who had tremendous appreciation for Paterno but never joined the Defend-Joe-Regardless club, I think Urban should be judged by the same standard.

First of all, he left Florida a smoking wreck, one step ahead of the posse, inventing a laughable BS yarn about being exhausted and needing to spend time with his family.

Second, he's a bit of a prick, who's been called out by a variety of former players and who, after stomping a Penn State team depleted by outrageous NCAA sanctions 63-14 in 2013, chortled about how it had been payback for Penn State's win by the same score 20 years earlier. Except in the earlier game, one team had not been forced to play with a hand tied behind its back. Urban forgot to mention that.

Third, it's critical for the integrity of the game and the institution of college football that the same standard be applied across the board. Paterno paid a high price. Now it's Meyer's turn. Screw him...Jim Delany...Ohio State...and the legion of Buckeye apologists in Columbus and the national media.

So I drop by here for, like, the second time in six months, and what do you know, there's 78SR in another frenzy to defend Ohio State. Some things never change.

Regarding Urban Meyer, as somebody who had tremendous appreciation for Paterno but never joined the Defend-Joe-Regardless club, I think Urban should be judged by the same standard.

First of all, he left Florida a smoking wreck, one step ahead of the posse, inventing a laughable BS yarn about being exhausted and needing to spend time with his family.

Second, he's a bit of a prick, who's been called out by a variety of former players and who, after stomping a Penn State team depleted by outrageous NCAA sanctions 63-14 in 2013, chortled about how it had been payback for Penn State's win by the same score 20 years earlier. Except in the earlier game, one team had not been forced to play with a hand tied behind its back. Urban forgot to mention that.

Third, it's critical for the integrity of the game and the institution of college football that the same standard be applied across the board. Paterno paid a high price. Now it's Meyer's turn. Screw him...Jim Delany...Ohio State...and the legion of Buckeye apologists in Columbus and the national media.

lol at it being "defending Ohio State" instead of it being consistent with my stance during the Sandusky bullshit. Essentially you want someone punished in the same wrong way Paterno was out of bitterness...now that's sad.

Reactions: indynittany
lol at it being "defending Ohio State" instead of it being consistent with my stance during the Sandusky bullshit. Essentially you want someone punished in the same wrong way Paterno was out of bitterness...now that's sad.
We got hammered so everyone else should skate....got it. It would be different if the NCAA made it right with Penn State, then we would be okay with everyone else getting due process. But since they didn’t, everyone else should get hit the same. It’s not too much to ask for equal treatment under the law (the NCAA law in this case). That’s like catching someone you thought was stealing, cutting off their hand, finding out they weren’t stealing, then when you get caught stealing asking to not get your hand cut off.

Reactions: Little J
We got hammered so everyone else should skate....got it. It would be different if the NCAA made it right with Penn State, then we would be okay with everyone else getting due process. But since they didn’t, everyone else should get hit the same. It’s not too much to ask for equal treatment under the law (the NCAA law in this case). That’s like catching someone you thought was stealing, cutting off their hand, finding out they weren’t stealing, then when you get caught stealing asking to not get your hand cut off.

Again, you acknowledge that action shoulnd't have been taken and instead of learning from them you want them to make the same mistake. It's illogical--pure emotion. We should want everyone to get due process. That would be like a relative going to jail for murder without a fair trail so therefore you want everyone to go to jail without a fair trial--illogical/emotion based

Again, you acknowledge that action shoulnd't have been taken and instead of learning from them you want them to make the same mistake. It's illogical--pure emotion. We should want everyone to get due process. That would be like a relative going to jail for murder without a fair trail so therefore you want everyone to go to jail without a fair trial--illogical/emotion based
Why won’t they return he $60m and allow 100 scholarships as payment and acknowledgement of their extortion and lies? If they would do that, most who are asking for equal treatment would be quiet and happy

Reactions: Carl Spackler

Hey man... come by more often. Great post.

Reactions: ram2020
I'd settle for simply the EXACT same sanctions as the NCAA and B1G handed down to PSU. Except the $60 million fine can go to organizations fighting domestic abuse.

Let's face it. Meyer will get off because OSU's Old Main doesn't want him gone like they'd want hemorrhoids gone. The OGBOT at PSU actually enjoyed hemmrhoids

LOL at JK Dobbins being better than Barkley. You will take that stupidity and bias to the grave

If they think it was a mistake, they need to make it right. If they don’t, then they need to hit OSU, MSU and Baylor with the same sanctions. It’s that simple...not emotion based, logic based. Even schools who weren’t falsely accused (UNC, Baylor) get nothing yet Penn State gets a near death penalty and we’re supposed to hope everyone else gets off scot free. Right.

FC/OT: Rally for Meyer

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State fans are planning a major rally for Coach Urban Meyer. They say they want to show him that they're still behind him during an investigation over what he knew about domestic violence allegations against former coach Zach Smith.

Jeff Hamms, also known as “Tennessee Jeff”, of Myrtle Beach is organizing it and he is on his way to Columbus. He posted a video telling his thousands of Buckeye fans that he wants to hold a rally on campus to support the coach.

"A peaceful rally at Ohio State University for Coach Urban Meyer just because I thought, I was thinking there's been so much negative press with Coach Meyer,” Hamms said on his Facebook page.

He’s been a longtime, passionate Buckeye fan for decades. Hamms said he got the ok from the university to hold it on campus and all fans are invited.

"It shows on the board reviewing what he has done, stuff like that we care and we support him,” said OSU student Ashley Flaherty.

"I just hope they resolve it fairly quickly so he can get back to coaching," said a Buckeye fan Gary Richmond.

Even though there are many coach supporters out there, some people we spoke with say Meyer should still face some consequences over his former assistant coach, Zach Smith's alleged actions.

"I think he should be suspended. I don't think he should lose his job for it. I think it was a mistake but at the end of the day I think he deserves a second chance,” said OSU student Nick Geres. “I think he does a lot for this community and this school so I think it's good to support him."

The details about the rally are still getting hammered out but it'll be in the next few days.

The goal: to get as many passionate buckeye fans out on campus to show love for Coach Urban Meyer.

"Please if you live anywhere near Columbus come down I'll buy you lunch when we're down there. Thank you and go bucks,” said Hamms.

Why won’t they return he $60m and allow 100 scholarships as payment and acknowledgement of their extortion and lies? If they would do that, most who are asking for equal treatment would be quiet and happy

1. Let me know when we ask for any of that
2. We were complicit in their lie. We need to stop pretending our powers that be want any of what your asking for.
3. You're not asking for equal treatment...you're being petty and just want others to suffer as we have

If they think it was a mistake, they need to make it right. If they don’t, then they need to hit OSU, MSU and Baylor with the same sanctions. It’s that simple...not emotion based, logic based. Even schools who weren’t falsely accused (UNC, Baylor) get nothing yet Penn State gets a near death penalty and we’re supposed to hope everyone else gets off scot free. Right.

It is emotion based...We're supposed to hope the NCAA has learned from the mistake and won't do it again.

FC/OT: Rally for Meyer

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State fans are planning a major rally for Coach Urban Meyer. They say they want to show him that they're still behind him during an investigation over what he knew about domestic violence allegations against former coach Zach Smith.

Jeff Hamms, also known as “Tennessee Jeff”, of Myrtle Beach is organizing it and he is on his way to Columbus. He posted a video telling his thousands of Buckeye fans that he wants to hold a rally on campus to support the coach.

"A peaceful rally at Ohio State University for Coach Urban Meyer just because I thought, I was thinking there's been so much negative press with Coach Meyer,” Hamms said on his Facebook page.

He’s been a longtime, passionate Buckeye fan for decades. Hamms said he got the ok from the university to hold it on campus and all fans are invited.

"It shows on the board reviewing what he has done, stuff like that we care and we support him,” said OSU student Ashley Flaherty.

"I just hope they resolve it fairly quickly so he can get back to coaching," said a Buckeye fan Gary Richmond.

Even though there are many coach supporters out there, some people we spoke with say Meyer should still face some consequences over his former assistant coach, Zach Smith's alleged actions.

"I think he should be suspended. I don't think he should lose his job for it. I think it was a mistake but at the end of the day I think he deserves a second chance,” said OSU student Nick Geres. “I think he does a lot for this community and this school so I think it's good to support him."

The details about the rally are still getting hammered out but it'll be in the next few days.

The goal: to get as many passionate buckeye fans out on campus to show love for Coach Urban Meyer.

"Please if you live anywhere near Columbus come down I'll buy you lunch when we're down there. Thank you and go bucks,” said Hamms.

well this will make a great scene when they make a movie about this.

ADVERTISEMENT