ADVERTISEMENT

Let's not judge Urban until all the facts are in. Remember Joe

I've always thought of Urbs as the Rick Petino of college football- but he's still innocent until proven guilty.

I really don't like what much of our fan base has become. I understand it, but I don't like it.

This is bullshit. He has not been tried yet and opinion, guilty or not does not matter. He either complied with Title IX requirements or not. If he did fine, if not he screwed up and his job is in jeopardy.
And if his wife knew he knew. My wife started a new job this week. I know certain bits of personal information about her coworkers already.
If UM’s wife talked to this woman and she claimed abuse, UM knew. She’s not going to keep that from him.

I still find the rush to judgment hypocritical but expected
I don't believe for a second if Franklin was involved in this type of situation that anyone here would think he should be fired--at least very few people

Reactions: dailybuck777
Since when do facts even matter? I saw a post on FB from an OSU fan trying to protect Urban and said:"it's not about knowing your players are being sexually molested by their coach and not doing anything..."

SMH

Urban Justice :oops: ....guilty until proven innocent
giphy.gif

Last edited:
When will all the facts be in? Who is the judge of that? There are people on this site who argue endlessly that Jerry is INNOCENT, over 6 years after he was found guilty.

There is something else here. UM stood up and TOLD everyone he did not know about 2015. If he lied, then he lied to ME. Sorry Urby, that makes it personal. Kinda done with baldfaced lies by famous people.

Sure looks like he lied. If he did not lie, it will be relatively easy to show. Same if he did. I'll wait, but it will only take a long time if OSU is hiding that he lied.

You only get to say "wait for the facts" when there is reason to expect that those facts will be released with all deliberate speed. Given that our BOT will not release the Freeh Review all these years later, I'm doubtful.

One final thing. If Urby lied, he knows it right now, and knew it when he lied. From then on thru right now, he could tell us he lied at any time. I'm counting the hours and days. This is the flip side of due process.

Last edited:
There are text messages from the victim to Urban's wife. TBH, I don't need much more than that. Urban has always been a scumbag.

What concrete evidence did they have on Joe?

I still don't understand why anyone thinks a coach should be fired over an allegation...referring to the WR coach. No one is making any sense here on either side. Most people on this board just want other programs to suffer because of what happened to us. The reality is people here are desperate to get Meyer out of Columbus. Let's stop fearing competition. 10 years ago this wouldn't have even been a story.

Reactions: psu7113
Since when do facts even matter? I saw a post on FB from an OSU fan trying to protect Urban and said:"it's not about knowing your players are being sexually molested by their coach and not doing anything..."

SMH
It is quotes like this that shows how intellectually challenged and uninformed a lot of the OSU fans are. Before the ink was dry a lot of them were trying to make their problem about Penn State. The vitriol that comes from their fan base is unbelievable.

Perhaps Penn Staters should making up rumors about Meyer. My wife came up with a good one. The final story should be that Meyer had the football players beat up the assistant football coach’s wife under his direct, personal supervision. That is just as ridiculous as the above comment from the OSU fan.

I agree that we should wait. Just because Joe was mistreated and due process was not followed doesn't mean that everyone else should be treated that way. We should stand for what is right. If it is proven that he knew, and the evidence to date is leaning that way but not conclusive, then yes, throw the book at him. Until then let calmer heads prevail and treat him as innocent until proven guilty.

I still find the rush to judgment hypocritical but expected
I don't believe for a second if Franklin was involved in this type of situation that anyone here would think he should be fired--at least very few people

I would. As a supervisor, you have to man up and get your employee help or determine that they should move on or be put on leave. Either way, you don't act like it didn't happen. I'm not saying Meyer knew every detail but he had an asst. with a problem. I haven't read anywhere about this assistant being put on leave or being counseled or being punished. Just that Meyer knew of one incident and not another (by his words). Domestic abuse by your staff is not something you mess with. It's 2018.

I still don't understand why anyone thinks a coach should be fired over an allegation...referring to the WR coach. No one is making any sense here on either side. Most people on this board just want other programs to suffer because of what happened to us. The reality is people here are desperate to get Meyer out of Columbus. Let's stop fearing competition. 10 years ago this wouldn't have even been a story.
Every story like this is now a story simply because of the rush to judgement against PSU. Many many wanted the football program dissolved. Over what? Slapping sounds.

Reactions: step.eng69
When will all the facts be in? Who is the judge of that? There are people on this site who argue endlessly that Jerry is INNOCENT, over 6 years after he was found guilty.

There is something else here. UM stood up and TOLD everyone he did not know about 2015. If he lied, then he lied to ME. Sorry Urby, that makes it personal. Kinda done with baldfaced lies by famous people.

Sure looks like he lied. If he did not lie, it will be relatively easy to show. Same if he did. I'll wait, but it will only take a long time if OSU is hiding that he lied.

You only get to say "wait for the facts" when there is reason to expect that those facts will be released with all deliberate speed. Given that our BOT will not release the Freeh Review all these years later, I'm doubtful.

One final thing. If Urby lied, he knows it right now, and knew it when he lied. From then on thru right now, he could tell us he lied at any time. I'm counting the hours and days. This is the flip side of due process.
Dem, my eye tells me things. She should never keep information about an employee away from me . Never.

I dont care whether he goes or stays. I do care that it appears he lied about a matter to which Title IX applies.

I agree that we should wait. Just because Joe was mistreated and due process was not followed doesn't mean that everyone else should be treated that way. We should stand for what is right. If it is proven that he knew, and the evidence to date is leaning that way but not conclusive, then yes, throw the book at him. Until then let calmer heads prevail and treat him as innocent until proven guilty.
People have an opinion before things are settled. That will never change. It’s silly to think it will .

Me: we need all the facts before rendering judgement ! ( something that affects me)

Me: Here’s my opinion! ( the issue doesn’t affect me). This will never change .

People have an opinion before things are settled. That will never change. It’s silly to think it will .

Even after it is settled, people will clutch onto their opinions for dear life.

Here is an opinion: Zach Smith is scum. One of his texts: “Just know that now… I will find you when your out. I will come seek the douche your with. I will f--- him up to the point that no one will recognize him”.

Reactions: odshowtime

While I will wait to hear everything, if he knew that his assistant coach put his hands on any women, he would be removed if it was my decision. My opinion on this wouldn't change if he was the head coach of Ohio State, Kent State, or whatever happened to PSU. But I believe in due process so my final opinion will wait. I have to admit the line about wanting to get Meyer out of OSU out of fear of competition made me laugh. With gems like that, please keep posting.

Man, what an a$$hole. Yeah, it’s because we all fear competition and are just trying to get rid of competition...it has nothing to do with the way Penn State was treated. Maybe you should be on every other team’s board telling them they made snap judgements because they were afraid of competition from Penn State. I don’t care if it’s Temple or Youngstown State....the NCAA needs to hammer schools just like they did Penn State so OSU and MSU need sanctions, bowl bans and fines. It’s either one of two things, either the NCAA was justified in what they did to Penn State, therefore other schools should get the same treatment. Or they were wrong in what they did to PSU and they should admit it, give us extra scholarships and our money back. And I really don’t care if OSU fires Urban...I want the school to be punished.

was guilty even before any facts were out.
In the Pennsylvania justice system, do you believe any of these priests have a shot at a fair trial when the GJ report (appears w/names now) is released? It is Josh Shapiro ralling the public to have the names included in the reports release.

A senior judge known for his work — and ultimate recusal — on the Jerry Sandusky case has been appointed to oversee the planned redactions to a controversial grand jury report outlining decades of child sex abuse by Catholic clergy across the state.

Last edited:
I've always thought of Urbs as the Rick Petino of college football- but he's still innocent until proven guilty.

I really don't like what much of our fan base has become. I understand it, but I don't like it.

Innocent until proven guilty is the standard for taking away somebody's freedom.

The standard for keeping your job as the head of one of the best football programs in the country that earns you more than $7 million per year is something entirely different. Public opinion of his actions (regardless of whether he is guilty of a crime) matters. If he told the woman not to press charges in 2009 because her husband would never coach again, that may be enough in some peoples minds to justify his removal. That may not make him guilty from a criminal standpoint, but the University may not be willing to accept that conduct from a person who represents the University so publicly. It is the nature of the job.

Last edited:
Innocent until proven guilty is the standard for taking away somebody's freedom.

The standard for keeping your job as the head of one of the best football programs in the country that earns you more than $7 million per year is something entirely different. Public opinion of his actions (regardless of whether he is guilty of a crime) matters. If he told the women not to press charges in 2009 because her husband would never coach again, that may be enough in some peoples minds to justify his removal. That may not make him guilty from a criminal standpoint, but the University may not be willing to accept that conduct from a person who represents the University so publicly. It is the nature of the job.
I understand your point, but public opinion is a pretty damn low standard- do you really want a population with an average IQ of 100 deciding your fate based on "tweets" and internet gossip? If that's what we've become, God help us.

I understand your point, but public opinion is a pretty damn low standard- do you really want a population with an average IQ of 100 deciding your fate based on "tweets" and internet gossip? If that's what we've become, God help us.
I find it hard to believe the average IQ is even 100.

Reactions: psu7113 and BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT