ADVERTISEMENT

Leipold Now!!!

BullrunLion

Jan 21, 2012
So how quick can we fire Franklin and get Liepold. Franklin has underperformed every year except 1. In 1997 I suggested we get Saban, and many laughed. Well, how would things have turned out if we got Saban, the number one college coach. I have not been impressed with a coach since then until I see this guy Leipold. This guy is the real deal and can make PSU a National Champion again. He would bench Clifford like he should be and put in Allor. He would not run an offense that has the RB stand in the backfield for 3 seconds, while the QB does a run/pass option, that has very little chance of the QB running or passing, so it is just a sloooooW run!!!. We have the players to compete, but not the head coach. Period!!!

So how quick can we fire Franklin and get Liepold. Franklin has underperformed every year except 1. In 1997 I suggested we get Saban, and many laughed. Well, how would things have turned out if we got Saban, the number one college coach. I have not been impressed with a coach since then until I see this guy Leipold. This guy is the real deal and can make PSU a National Champion again. He would bench Clifford like he should be and put in Allor. He would not run an offense that has the RB stand in the backfield for 3 seconds, while the QB does a run/pass option, that has very little chance of the QB running or passing, so it is just a sloooooW run!!!. We have the players to compete, but not the head coach. Period!!!
10 more years!

Football savant...... I'm in awe.

Enough already.

If only we can find a head coach capable of taking over the reigns of a program that was in the midst of a scandal, placed on probation with scholarship limits and a postseason ban, and turn it into a P5 conference champion, winning 42 games in four pre-Covid years in one of the ncaa’s toughest conferences and divisions and start 5-0 a season after a didapppointing, but still winning season post-covid.

Hire Lance Leipold now?

What about Tom Herman, I mean Joe Moorhead, I mean Charlie Weiss, I mean Scott Frost, I mean Rich Rodriguez, I mean Al Golden, I mean Willie Taggart.... Oh nevermind, just hire whoever is hot for a 6-8 games, I'm sure it will work out.
LOL, you forgot Dino Babers. There was a handful of posters wanting him a few years ago when he had a decent year because of his "innovative offense." They got very quiet the last few years, but now that he is 5-0 he should definitely be back on top of the list.

You were calling for Saban while I was calling for Belichick. Why do you have such low expectations?

I'd be all for this if I knew he'd sit Clifford for that Chad Powers kid. I see something in him.
Off Topic, because the original topic is whack but was Danny O'Brien not in on the Chad Powers joke? If not he looks like a total doofus saying he sees something in the kid.

Reactions: bison13
Wow. Saban was 34-24-1 at MSU and you pegged him as the greatest CFB coach of all time. Call me IMPRESSED!!!!! I have a call with the PSU AD next week. Please DM me with your contact info. I'd like to recommend he keep you in mind for future coaching searches. I suddenly feel very bullish about the future!!! WE ARE!!!!

"Franklin has underperformed every year except 1"
LOL.

2016 Big Ten Championship
2017 11 wins, including win in NY6 bowl game
2019 11 wins, including win in NY6 bowl game

So I'm curious, if he's underperformed in every year but one, which is those three years do you consider an underperformance? And as a follow up question, did you start following college football on Tuesday?

"we?" Remember how hot and bothered fanboys were for a piece of Jeff Brohm when Purdue beat Ohio State a few seasons ago? You are an idiot......period!

Last edited:
Reactions: sss and GregInPitt
Think how unimpressed with Franklin he’d be if we weren’t 5-0….

I never cared for the constant CJF is a candidate for USC stuff. But he has a 10 year contract now and I hope to hear less of that now.

Aside from that… he recruits well. He hires well. His players make the NFL. His assistants move to bigger and better things.

I give him a complete pass for 2020.

I also give him passes for 2014 and 2015. Am I the only person amazed that we got through all of probation, penalty-less transfers, scholarship reductions and a postseason ban with no losing seasons?

PSU wasn’t a very desirable destination when CJF came on board. In his 3rd season, he won the Big Ten. He won 31 games in the three seasons after that.

It’s hard for me to a understand all the criticism. I really don’t get it. We are lucky to have him.

But, then again, he had me when he and his whole staff wore wrestling singlets.

Hire Lance Leipold now?

What about Tom Herman, I mean Joe Moorhead, I mean Charlie Weiss, I mean Scott Frost, I mean Rich Rodriguez, I mean Al Golden, I mean Willie Taggart.... Oh nevermind, just hire whoever is hot for a 6-8 games, I'm sure it will work out.
Is Neuheisel still waiting in the Corner Room?

"Franklin has underperformed every year except 1"
LOL.

2016 Big Ten Championship
2017 11 wins, including win in NY6 bowl game
2019 11 wins, including win in NY6 bowl game

So I'm curious, if he's underperformed in every year but one, which is those three years do you consider an underperformance? And as a follow up question, did you start following college football on Tuesday?
2017, we blew a lead against Ohio State and lost a game we should never have lost. we were ahead 21-3 and lost! Bad coaching. Also lost to Michigan State in a game they should not have lost. 2019 Another failure against Ohio State. Poor coaching in many games and bad gameday decisions. He blames offensive coordinators for his problems on offense, but they have to run his RPO system, which was only effective with McSorley and an NFL caliber RB like Barkley!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
2017, we blew a lead against Ohio State and lost a game we should never have lost. we were ahead 21-3 and lost! Bad coaching. Also lost to Michigan State in a game they should not have lost. 2019 Another failure against Ohio State. Poor coaching in many games and bad gameday decisions. He blames offensive coordinators for his problems on offense, but they have to run his RPO system, which was only effective with McSorley and an NFL caliber RB like Barkley!!!
The 2017 team was elite. It was a terribly squandered opportunity. That team could play with anyone but they took their eye off the ball for 60 minutes and dropped the MSU game. I consider that MSU loss the worst loss of this century for PSU based on the circumstances. Worse than Temple & Ohio! It was all there for them and they didn't get it done. I'm letting it go right here, right now so this team right now can prosper.

Reactions: mcpat
The 2017 team went 11-2. Their two losses were by a combined 4 points, both on the road, to teams that won a combined 22 games. They ended up 8th in the final AP poll.

If that’s underperforming… your poor kids.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
The 2017 team went 11-2. Their two losses were by a combined 4 points, both on the road, to teams that won a combined 22 games. They ended up 8th in the final AP poll.

If that’s underperforming… your poor kids
If you're kids are capable of being the best you should want them to be the best. If they end up 8th you aren't doing your job as a parent.

Reactions: BullrunLion

If that’s underperforming… your poor kids.
They underperformed their talent. Period. They had the talent to win it all, they didn't.
It is what it is. They had 20 guys that are in the NFL in one way or another on the two deep that year.

They underperformed their talent. Period. They had the talent to win it all, they didn't.
It is what it is. They had 20 guys that are in the NFL in one way or another on the two deep that year.
Have you performed an analysis on how many players on the 2017 Ohio State team they lost to are in the NFL?

13 NFL players from the 2017 PSU squad and 16 NFL players from the 2017 Ohio State squad.
Real good accurate info.
Considering I watched KJ Hamler catch a 55 yard pass last week, I wonder why he isn't listed nor Bates, who starts in Buffalo, or Fries who starts in Indy or Mahon who was on Panther PS or Menet who was on Cardinals PS or Cam Brown who on the Giants roster or Blake Gillikin who's the Saints punter or Shaka Toney who had a sack two weeks ago in Washington.
Come on man, come with better info than that.

Real good accurate info.
Considering I watched KJ Hamler catch a 55 yard pass last week, I wonder why he isn't listed nor Bates, who starts in Buffalo, or Fries who starts in Indy or Mahon who was on Panther PS or Menet who was on Cardinals PS or Cam Brown who on the Giants roster or Blake Gillikin who's the Saints punter or Shaka Toney who had a sack two weeks ago in Washington.
If you want to get real technical Nick Bowers caught a TD for the Raiders last year and Koa Farmer was on their practice squad for a year or two. That's one of the worst lists I've ever seen. I can recall more from memory than that damn thing.

Real good accurate info.
You’re counting players that were on redshirt and never played that season? And calling me out for it?

If you want to get real technical Nick Bowers caught a TD for the Raiders last year and Koa Farmer was on their practice squad for a year or two. That's one of the worst lists I've ever seen. I can recall more from memory than that damn thing.
Don't forget that Connor McGovern guy who starts in big D while not being listed in the NFL on your list. There's more but I'm tired.
Supremely talented 2017 team......Period!

You’re counting players that were on redshirt and never played that season? And calling me out for it?
Help me understand how players that saw no snaps contributed to their underperformance.

See how many of you jackals will be drooling over Leipold after he loses 6 of next 7 games.

Look man, more than 20 in the NFL on the 2 deep that year, indisputable. look it up.
Give me the Ohio state count.

You claim they underperformed and cited the one point road loss to Ohio State as one example.

Who had more NFL players on their 2017 squad? Penn State or Ohio State?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT