ADVERTISEMENT

Lehigh weekend, Pt. 2 Loses to VT 9-23

matter7172

Nov 14, 2012
I thought last night's effort against ASU was one of the I've seen from Lehigh in a long time. I was sort of worried they might come out flat today and my worries were met and probably exceeded.

Three wins, in which Lehigh had a total of 4 takedowns. Zero takedowns in the ones they lost. Zero offensive points scored in the ones they lost. Wins were by 6-1, 3-2 and 3-2. Humphries, Kutner and Wood were the winners.

But 4 takedowns in the match total? Fugly and really disappointing.

Had to look it up after the description above.

Kutler (vs McFadden) and Wood (vs Miller) over ranked guys were really good wins. Not much else.

Had to look it up after the description above.

Kutler (vs McFadden) and Wood (vs Miller) over ranked guys were really good wins. Not much else.

On the plus side, I finally got to see Kutler shoot on his feet. They were good wins, but not good matches, if you get my drift.

And I think Santoro may have been joining the duck parade by not sending out Gordon Wolf to face Mekhi Lewis at 165.

On the plus side, I finally got to see Kutler shoot on his feet. They were good wins, but not good matches, if you get my drift.

And I think Santoro may have been joining the duck parade by not sending out Gordon Wolf to face Mekhi Lewis at 165.
I tend to be a bit more positive :). A Kutler win vs McFadden is a good win, a Wood win vs Miller is a good win. I'll root for Wood every day of the week, knowing his family...except vs Cassar.

But Wolf wrestled Friday and didn't seem to be injured in the match.
So, Santoro sends Wolf out on Friday against a better wrestler than Lewis, but not sending Wolf out against Lewis on Sunday is ducking? How's that logic again?

And, according to the post-match Lehigh notes:

The lone bonus point win of the dual came at 165 as eighth-ranked Mekhi Lewis won a 22-7 technical fall over junior Kent Lane, who subbed for injured senior Gordon Wolf.

Last edited:
So, Santoro sends Wolf out on Friday against a better wrestler than Lewis, but not sending Wolf out against Lewis on Sunday is ducking? How's that logic again?

And, according to the post-match Lehigh notes:

The lone bonus point win of the dual came at 165 as eighth-ranked Mekhi Lewis won a 22-7 technical fall over junior Kent Lane, who subbed for injured senior Gordon Wolf.

I read that. It's not very definitive. Denny Deihl's wrap-up will probably be more helpful. Apparently an overnight back issue was the culprit.

No need to get excited. I said "may have been". There isn't a big gap between Shields and Lewis. I just didn't see any indication of Wolf being injured on Saturday night and Diehl makes no mention of it either. I mean like zero. It was odd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT