ADVERTISEMENT

Least Satisfying Season In Some Time?

I guess we have a disconnect between offended and absurd.

Nobody cares about Clifford's records and most couldn't recite what they are.

If I'm offended by anything, it's by the dumbfounded folks who think an extra 50 snaps in '22 makes Allar better in '23. This isn't week 3 vs Illinois when that argument might have held water.

This is week 12, 11 games in. The season, Allar, they are what they are.
Also, did Carson Beck play that much more than Allar in 2022? At the beginning of the season, UGA’’s offense under Beck wasn’t good, but he’s progressed as this season has progressed, and now UGA’s offense looks unstoppable.

We can make all of the excuses that we want for Allar, and I’m still hopeful that he can develop into a good qb, but, except for the Maryland game, it doesn’t look like he’s progressed at all. And I know that you can blame the coaching and talent around him, but he also hasn’t made the talent around him better.

Because of two big losses? Not for me. I absolutely hate moon games. This season 7/12 at noon.

I know, I know Fox sports blah blah, but for years the better to great games were later. Give me 3:30, 7-8 pm for the better matchups 24/7/365.
Is the season over?

Also, did Carson Beck play that much more than Allar in 2022? At the beginning of the season, UGA’’s offense under Beck wasn’t good, but he’s progressed as this season has progressed, and now UGA’s offense looks unstoppable.

We can make all of the excuses that we want for Allar, and I’m still hopeful that he can develop into a good qb, but, except for the Maryland game, it doesn’t look like he’s progressed at all. And I know that you can blame the coaching and talent around him, but he also hasn’t made the talent around him better.
Backup redshirt Fr playing lights out at Arizona.

Kansas on their third QB - a true Fr. Yes, they lost, but he was balling for most of the game.

There is plenty of other examples of guys that got absolutely 0 snaps last year that are playing very well.

So you're arguing FOX and CBS don't get any premier games? You're wrong if that's what you're claiming.

Miami/KC was at 930 am
I'm not arguing anything. The NFL puts it's best games at 4 and 8 with mostly national distribution, and everything else at 1 in regional distribution.

Penn State did not commit 700 million to renovate Beaver Stadium. They committed to multi-phase plan that could cost up to 700 million with each phase able to be completed Individually. There is no guarantee for anything past the first phase which is largely deferred maintenance. Beyond that, the athletic department must fund raise to cover a substantial percentage of the cost of each phase before the University commits to funding it.
$70 million this year with the $700 million project to be completed before 2027 season.

Penn State has budgeted the project at $700 million, to be funded through a variety of measures, including loans, fundraising, potential "naming opportunities," sponsorships and new premium seating options. In addition, Kraft said the athletic department will embark on a "major philanthropic campaign" of more than $200 million.

Because of two big losses? Not for me. I absolutely hate moon games. This season 7/12 at noon.

I know, I know Fox sports blah blah, but for years the better to great games were later. Give me 3:30, 7-8 pm for the better matchups 24/7/365.

The Year is 2024 and PSU is hosting the first 20 degree home playoff game on the moon

Why are people so offended by the notion of reducing snaps for Clifford? He got an extra (shorter) season, so his records have an asterisk anyway.
You seem to be the only one that cares about the records, including Franklin and Clifford. It wasn’t about records, it was about playing the team that gave us the best shot at winning and easing Allar into it to get him comfortable. I’m not sure why you expect Franklin to do something no other coach does in all of football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT