ADVERTISEMENT

Lando: You have won your title now GTFO our board.

Playoff games, unlike bowls matter, which is why no one has opted out of playoff games.
No "National "Championship" is going to put any money in these players' pockets. These kids who are expected to be first round picks (Penix, Odunze, etc.) were INSANE to be playing in that game last night. No one should fault them for sitting out. To hell with their school, coaches, and teammates. Gotta look out for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
Washington did EXACTLY what Oregon did in 2014: Pissed down their legs for 4 quarters.

I knew instantly, when Texas lost, that Michigan was winning the thing.

Reactions: dswartz
No "National "Championship" is going to put any money in these players' pockets. These kids who are expected to be first round picks (Penix, Odunze, etc.) were INSANE to be playing in that game last night. No one should fault them for sitting out. To hell with their school, coaches, and teammates. Gotta look out for yourself.
I think the game hurt Penix's draft stock. A lot of people are going to think the UM Raven's style defense confused him. He didn't have much to gain playing that game. I truly wonder if there will be opt outs for playoff games.

I think the game hurt Penix's draft stock. A lot of people are going to think the UM Raven's style defense confused him. He didn't have much to gain playing that game. I truly wonder if there will be opt outs for playoff games.
Sadly, I think we'll start seeing that in the near future. It wasn't long ago that it was unthinkable to "opt out" of any bowl game.

There won't be--competitive nature will prevent that in a meaningful game unlike bowls

• Haha
Reactions: GSPMax
The National Championship is not an exhibition game. All bowl games except the CFP semis ARE exhibition games and have not consequence on competition outcomes for the 2023 season.

Reactions: LandoComando
The National Championship is not an exhibition game. All bowl games except the CFP semis ARE exhibition games and have not consequence on competition outcomes for the 2023 season.
You just became my favorite poster--facts

Each game is a competition. The Peach Bowl was a competition, just like the Rose Bowl was, just like the Sugar Bowl was, just the like championship game was. You can call a game an "exhibition" all you want. Hey, the National Championship game was an exhibition. See, I just did it. Doesn't make it true.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Each game is a competition. The Peach Bowl was a competition, just like the Rose Bowl was, just like the Sugar Bowl was, just the like championship game was. You can call a game an "exhibition" all you want. Hey, the National Championship game was an exhibition. See, I just did it. Doesn't make it true.

Respectfully, it seems like you don't understand the definitions of the words you use.
By your assertion, a pre-season MLB game is basically the same as the World Series.
An exhibition IS a competition, but is has no bearing on a team's standings. See: Bowl game

Respectfully, it seems like you don't understand the definitions of the words you use.
By your assertion, a pre-season MLB game is basically the same as the World Series.
An exhibition IS a competition, but is has no bearing on a team's standings. See: Bowl game
Standings, like the AP Poll or Coaches Poll? Because Penn State was ahead of Ole Miss in those standings in December. They aren't anymore.

Reactions: GSPMax
Standings, like the AP Poll or Coaches Poll? Because Penn State was ahead of Ole Miss in those standings in December. They aren't anymore.

Appreciate the conversation.
So we've boiled it down to: Bowl games are NOT exhibitions because they affect the subjective opinions of journalists and coaches who make a list that stack ranks all of the teams eliminated from the playoff (and is not consequential to any competition outcome).

Sorry, but polls are definitively not standings.
The conferences have standings, and they are not the polls. You may recall 2016 when PSU objectively was 1st in the B2G, but OSU was subjectively voted higher in the polls.

You may like to travel to Florida, or California, or TX, or Detroit? in Dec/Jan to watch an exhibition football game. The Bowl game organizers, TV networks, and local tourism boards may be happy with the dollars generated. But that doesn't mean they aren't exhibitions that don't affect the outcome of the annual college football competition.

Those polls aren't standings
They're nothing. There isn't another College Football Playoff Poll. The bowl loss doesn't alter anything.

Last edited:
The Bowl games I would think if they want to stay relevant and have ample competition across the board and have players..play...will have to have some kind of bonus pools that go DIRECTLY to the players who are in the games ... not necessarily payouts to the schools or conferences..OR the schools and conferences..reward the payers financially by dividing up what they receive from the Bowl Sponsors..I would go as far to say every player playing in a Bowl game...be given just kind of insurance plan to protect themselves in case of injury while playing in these..extra games...?

Reactions: LMTLION
The thing a troll hates the most is being ignored. Not sure why anyone engages. It’s a waste of time.
I encourage people to ignore me since those that complain about me are largely clueless which further proves that I'm not a troll.

There's those that have good conversations with me then others that are obsessed with me--see who started the thread

Jeez Lando…..According to some of these geniuses, I am you. Or, maybe, you are me. I forget which way it supposedly worked, but I guess it doesn’t matter if they think it’s true.
(That ought to confuse ’em for a while.)

Those polls aren't standings
They're nothing. There isn't another College Football Playoff Poll. The bowl loss doesn't alter anything.
did not see the polls..but assume they would put Washington #2 if they lost in Championship game to #1. Michigan..too me..thats BS...Georgia easily #2..and IMO would have beaten Michigan...they just had a bad game against Bama in the SEC Championship game..Michigan was l,icking their chops when they knew Georgia was out of the playoffs...its the only team I think they really were concerned about...

did not see the polls..but assume they would put Washington #2 if they lost in Championship game to #1. Michigan..too me..thats BS...Georgia easily #2..and IMO would have beaten Michigan...they just had a bad game against Bama in the SEC Championship game..Michigan was l,icking their chops when they knew Georgia was out of the playoffs...its the only team I think they really were concerned about...
Further evidence the polls are meaningless
Georgia being left out was always the worst thing that happened--not FSU being out.

Reactions: heckmans
Jeez Lando…..According to some of these geniuses, I am you. Or, maybe, you are me. I forget which way it supposedly worked, but I guess it doesn’t matter if they think it’s true.
(That ought to confuse ’em for a while.)
It's funny the people with countless names make those claims lol

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
What about these? Are these standings?

Can you point me to a similar site that tracks victories of Blue vs. White in the Blue/White game?

Can you answer me how many career victories Joe Paterno has? Is it 409, or 385?? (409 minus the 24 exhibition bowl victories).
No. A list of historic wins/losses against different sets of opponents are not standings. If you want to find a tabulation of historic NFC East records(common opponents), we can discuss it's relative worth, but no, the list you shared is not "standings".

You seem to have largely ignored my last reply detailing the difference between polls and standings and have chosen a "what about this" approach with a link to some guy in his house counting statistics as supposed evidence that that changes the definition of words. No disrespect intended, but do you have anything to logically rebut what I've said, or are we stuck on your emotional feeling that you like the idea and history of bowl games, and think they aren't exhibitions because some coaches and journos vote in polls after they are played?
To put this in context, the final AP/coaches poll that ranks teams eliminated from contention is like an NFL power rankings done after the Super Bowl to stack rank all of the teams who lost. Nobody cares who the 5th best team in the NFL was. The reason people "care" about the polls in CFB, is because the opponents are too varied and there is no way to objectively measure - but that doesn't make them standings and it doesn't make bowl games anything more than exhibitions, by definition.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT