ADVERTISEMENT

KOT v. Starocci

I think there was talk about this happening at the all-star classic but it didn’t materialize unfortunately. For me this is the best match that could be put together in college. I am a huge KOT fan but at 174 I lean Starocci. He is so sound in all positions and almost impossible to get to and especially finish on. Keegan is so creative though he will probably throw things at Carter that could cause him some problems. I want to see how Carter deals with KOT’s outside step hi-c. I would have Carter winning by 3-4 in the first match-up and probably closer if they wrestled again but if they wrestled 10 times I think Keegan would only get 2 of them. Starocci is just so damn good and wrestles the best in big moments. I think he would be fired up for this match and would want to show his dominance
For me, the best college would be two three-time national champs against each other. Mr. Brooks took a picture of these two during the pandemic after they wrestled on the front lawn. I would’ve paid to see it. I assume they’ve gone at it - probably like Rocky and Apollo in an empty wrestling room.

Who schooled O'Toole at wtt in Vegas this year? I was there and can't remember. He got destroyed though.
I remember I was very surprised that he got rag dolled.

Out of the spirit of Christmas, lets give JS and Turk this fantasy matchup. I mean afterall, they rarely get to enjoy wrestling seasons anymore since PSU has become Iowas daddy. Let them enjoy a made up victory by ANOTHER teams wrestler against Carter. Maybe March will be a little more tolerable for them...
Merry Christmas Johnstownsteel. Hope you enjoy your Holiday. Unless you are Jewish of course, then my apologies.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
It’s understandable why you blocked that out. I’m sure Nolf and Zain and Taylor give you guys PTSD.
Actually Taylor is my favorite team USA wrestler. I love Zain, Bo, Nolf, Brooks, many of your guys.
They are all class acts. Maybe you could learn something from them.
They would all be ashamed of you.

What are you talking about? I’m a class act.
You're an act for sure. 🤣

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Ruth at #3 is insane. 6th place finisher in the Big10 and a non placer at ncaa,s. Ridiculous to think he can beat CS based on this match. The only point Ruth gets on CS is if he lets him up.

KOT bumped up and beat Ruth last night at 174. I'm guessing this is a one-off bump, but I would kill to see this match. I think you could make an argument that both guys are "tough matchups" for the others. Is Starocci too solid and basic for KOT's scrambing? Would KOT be able to force positions that Starocci can't wrestle out of?

I think I'd pick it similar to how the Carr-KOT series went last year. Starocci too solid in the first 1-2 matches. KOT figures him out and gets him after a couple cracks.
Any possibility Starocci might figure O'Toole out somewhere along the way? Or does figuring-the-other-guy-out only work in one direction in this case?

And, if you happen to agree with Shane Sparks' comment during Starocci's 12/3 match vs Lehigh, you believe this year's Starocci "likely majors" last year's version, so apparently there's some progress being made here over time.

Last edited:
Which favorite do you filthy animals think would do the best at the next weight up?
Your current starters? I would say Star.
He's just dominant at 74, I think he could make the jump to 84 and be the most successful.
* Brooks 84 to 97 type deal.
Did you just watch "Home Alone"?
😆

Which favorite do you filthy animals think would do the best at the next weight up?
Starocci at 184 is the one that makes the most sense to me. No favorite at 125. Vito up at 141 is a possibility but hes a 57kg guy. Woods I don’t get excited about at 149, same with Lovett and 157. Levi at 165 is interesting but the weights so stacked. KOT at 174 is 2nd behind Carter at 184 to me. We have seen Keck vs Brooks wnough to know how 97 would go for him and Brooks at HWT I feel would not be the best idea

Starocci at 184 is the one that makes the most sense to me. No favorite at 125. Vito up at 141 is a possibility but hes a 57kg guy. Woods I don’t get excited about at 149, same with Lovett and 157. Levi at 165 is interesting but the weights so stacked. KOT at 174 is 2nd behind Carter at 184 to me. We have seen Keck vs Brooks wnough to know how 97 would go for him and Brooks at HWT I feel would not be the best idea
Yeah, Brooks unfortunately isn’t a choice because of the size/weight differential.

Lets talk about a more realistic possible matchup . If Superman bumped up a weight.....what are his chances against Black Adam?

This is for Lizzie- what do you call a lot lizard with its own mattress?

A scaled-back owner- operator., in Iowa.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
You said Filthy Animals, classic line from Home Alone.
It is Christmas, the movie is on 24/7
It wasn't an insult.
I thought it was funny that you called everyone filthy animals.
Some things are just assumed here, you’ll catch on.

Not that I disagree about KOT, but there is no way Ruth is truly a #3 in that class. For starters, there are three current or former champions in the class right now.
it’s a pretty bad weight. griffith hasn’t been NC level for a couple years now and is up a weight. already took a bad loss. which of the following are better than ruth?

Devos, Mocco, McCoy, Wittlake, Washington, etc…

it’s a pretty bad weight. griffith hasn’t been NC level for a couple years now and is up a weight. already took a bad loss. which of the following are better than ruth?

They are all the same. You have a couple of guys at that weight and then a bunch of guys that should be ranked 8 to 15. Unfortunately, you don't have any 3 to 7s.

I’d still rank Griffith over Ruth, although I agree he has very little chance to win. There are a couple freshmen who I think will end up as high AAs, Gabe & Rocco, if they go at the weight (and if Rocco redshirts it probably means the rumor about Kharchla is untrue, which would put him above Ruth instead of Rocco). Mocco isn’t much above Ruth, but he did AA last year at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT