ADVERTISEMENT

KOT v. Starocci

js8793

Dec 4, 2018
KOT bumped up and beat Ruth last night at 174. I'm guessing this is a one-off bump, but I would kill to see this match. I think you could make an argument that both guys are "tough matchups" for the others. Is Starocci too solid and basic for KOT's scrambing? Would KOT be able to force positions that Starocci can't wrestle out of?

I think I'd pick it similar to how the Carr-KOT series went last year. Starocci too solid in the first 1-2 matches. KOT figures him out and gets him after a couple cracks.

KOT bumped up and beat Ruth last night at 174. I'm guessing this is a one-off bump, but I would kill to see this match. I think you could make an argument that both guys are "tough matchups" for the others. Is Starocci too solid and basic for KOT's scrambing? Would KOT be able to force positions that Starocci can't wrestle out of?

I think I'd pick it similar to how the Carr-KOT series went last year. Starocci too solid in the first 1-2 matches. KOT figures him out and gets him after a couple cracks.
Anybody who is undersized and not as strong as Starocci is going to lose every time. I also think KOT gets ridden like a mule and possibly turned.

Last edited:

We might find out in April.
A folkstyle match at 174# leans heavy to Starocci.
But down at 74kg, it could be a battle.

Silly talk. KOT beating Ruth has absolutely zero equivalency with a matchup against CStar. Ruth is nowhere near the level of CStar.

It's freestyle, and with the usual caveat about the transitive property not being determinative, Nolf beat KOT 9-2, and Starocci beat Nolf 4-3.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenanimal

I love KOT. I think he is one of the best pound for pound wrestlers in the country. That said, he wouldn't be strong enough to handle Carter. Starocci has jumped so many levels since his freshman year. He is so fundamentally sound and strong, that he makes it extremely difficult to succeed against in any position. He also has the ability to wrestle angry and seems to use that to get himself mentally ready when it matters most. It's weird how wrestlers can be successful with such different mental approaches to wrestling.

I think if both agreed at 174, it would be a great match, I would take Carter obviously because why wouldn't you!? But Keegan probably weighed in around 166-167 for descent rule, so he's making a cut and then wrestling up (and handily won) That's another reason why the idea of Spencer wrestling RBY last year was stupid period. Simply put, it's unfair to the smaller guy midseason because they can't truly go up weight wise (for example, if Spencer made 133, he'd be out from wrestling 125 for a few weeks)

Reactions: js8793
Lol the only reason Ruth is mentioned is because that's who he wrested at 174. Read more carefully.

Oh ok, you would have started this thread if KOT hadn't have beat Ruth.

dr-evil-right.gif

Last edited:
Oh ok, you would have started this thread if KOT hadn't of beat Ruth.

dr-evil-right.gif
Come on lol. The #2 P4P wrestler bumps to wrestle a match at the weight of the #1 P4P and you're mad that someone would even dare to ask how that fantasy match would go?

Of course you would

Reactions: danoftw
I think there was talk about this happening at the all-star classic but it didn’t materialize unfortunately. For me this is the best match that could be put together in college. I am a huge KOT fan but at 174 I lean Starocci. He is so sound in all positions and almost impossible to get to and especially finish on. Keegan is so creative though he will probably throw things at Carter that could cause him some problems. I want to see how Carter deals with KOT’s outside step hi-c. I would have Carter winning by 3-4 in the first match-up and probably closer if they wrestled again but if they wrestled 10 times I think Keegan would only get 2 of them. Starocci is just so damn good and wrestles the best in big moments. I think he would be fired up for this match and would want to show his dominance

Now you're just being a tool.
no you got mad because you misread my post. nobody is saying the result against ruth has any bearing. it was simply the event of him wrestling *at 174* that sparked the conversation.

I think there was talk about this happening at the all-star classic but it didn’t materialize unfortunately. For me this is the best match that could be put together in college. I am a huge KOT fan but at 174 I lean Starocci. He is so sound in all positions and almost impossible to get to and especially finish on. Keegan is so creative though he will probably throw things at Carter that could cause him some problems. I want to see how Carter deals with KOT’s outside step hi-c. I would have Carter winning by 3-4 in the first match-up and probably closer if they wrestled again but if they wrestled 10 times I think Keegan would only get 2 of them. Starocci is just so damn good and wrestles the best in big moments. I think he would be fired up for this match and would want to show his dominance
this is basically how i feel. the finals match against Carr keeps me from saying Starocci takes every match, but I do think he wins the majority. There wasn’t a second in their first two matches where KOT looked like the better wrestler, but dominated match 3.

Reactions: zzs006
Would be a great match to see, for sure. I suspect it might happen at trials--hope Carter can function at 74kg . . .

Reactions: Ja1339

But it wouldn’t go like that because there wouldn’t be a series. There’s no dual match and no conference tournament match, just a finals, in which Starocci would have a big advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT