ADVERTISEMENT

Kerk and the Hodge Race

NittanyChris

Dec 3, 2001
Does anyone else think Kerk has moved up the standings substantially in the Hodge race? Especially in the dominance category, he’s simply destroying everyone in his path while KOT, Starocci and even Brooks have had some closer matches of late. Thoughts?

Does anyone else think Kerk has moved up the standings substantially in the Hodge race? Especially in the dominance category, he’s simply destroying everyone in his path while KOT, Starocci and even Brooks have had some closer matches of late. Thoughts?
Maybe he's moved up in the 'standings', if there is such a thing for Hodge voting. But there is no chance he wins it unless he goes undefeated, and both Brooks and Starocci take a loss somewhere. If Brooks and Starocci are undefeated 4X champs, they'll split the award.

Maybe he's moved up in the 'standings', if there is such a thing for Hodge voting. But there is no chance he wins it unless he goes undefeated, and both Brooks and Starocci take a loss somewhere. If Brooks and Starocci are undefeated 4X champs, they'll split the award.
Traditionally, past years’ performance has been taken into account, however, is that technically in the Hodge criteria?
Wrestlestat currently has Kerk at #9 in the “Hodge Watch”. That definitely seems a bit low to me.

Traditionally, past years’ performance has been taken into account, however, is that technically in the Hodge criteria?
Wrestlestat currently has Kerk at #9 in the “Hodge Watch”. That definitely seems a bit low to me.
Its a popularity contest bro, they are gonna vote in whoever the hell they want anyway and it aint gonna be DGK.

I believe they did away with past years performance and it’s now (4) criteria.
1. Record
2. Dominance/Bonus point %
3. Quality of Comp
4. Sportsmanship

It will be tough for O'Toole to win the Hodge, with a loss at NCAA's.

Last edited:
If that’s truly the case, is AB leading by a hair right now?
Who knows. The categories aren't weighted so the voters can do whatever they want.

whose-line-points-dont-matter.gif

Yianni opened last season with a loss. Presumably Carter and Aaron will be undefeated heading into Saturday night.

You know, I forgot about his loss to Austin Gomez until you mentioned it here. An undefeated Carter or Aaron would not be an apples to apples comparison to Yianni last year. You make a valid point.

Reactions: hlstone and KCLion
Yianni opened last season with a loss. Presumably Carter and Aaron will be undefeated heading into Saturday night.
If they both win their 4th undefeated it’s hard to take a side. Both have been epic their entire careers. Both are moving through what can only be called a challenging process with grace. Providing their team with an outstanding example. It’s really hard to say who is more deserving. Who has had a harder path? Beating Lewis with a broken hand or beating Amine after he got a bronze in the Olympics. These guys are just outstanding and it should go to both.

Reactions: KCLion
P.S. I just rewatched Carter v Kennedy. Carter was clearly done by the middle of the second period. The TD at the end of the second was just pure Carter toughness/virtuosity. The fact that he toed the line in Carver for his team that under the weather is just more proof of how lucky we have been to have him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT