ADVERTISEMENT

Kane has resigned...

With you 100%, I never understood this about her. She said all the right things to get elected, but did none of them. She turned out to be a huge mess.

Kane promised dis, dat and da next thing with Sandusky and delivered shit. This was the beginning of her downfall.

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
I certainly have not followed this case as closely as most of the people on this thread. From very early in the JS scandal, I was always disturbed by the lack of official interest in TSM. This is where JS obtained his victims and it was the likely center of his criminal activity. I am aware of some of the allegations that powerful persons were complicit in participating in criminal activity and orchestrating a cover up of TSM to preserve their positions. My sense is that Kane won by such a large margin because of how the JS case was mishandled by the state at many levels.
To me, it appeared Kane's star started falling when she refused to prosecute a bribery sting operation of Philadelphia area pols. Things went rapidly downhill after that. If this was a partisan war, I am puzzled by the lack of support by her own party, the Governor and the Phila Inquirer. Please illuminate me if I am missing something here. There's no doubt in my mind that PA is a political cesspool. Having lived in other states, PA puts me to mind of a former Soviet satellite state in terms of corruption and incompetence.

Having said all of this, my question would be, was Kane the right person for the job ? Did she have the ability, smarts and temperament to expose what really went on with the JS inverstigation and discover why TSM was basically ignored ?

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
I certainly have not followed this case as closely as most of the people on this thread. From very early in the JS scandal, I was always disturbed by the lack of official interest in TSM. This is where JS obtained his victims and it was the likely center of his criminal activity. I am aware of some of the allegations that powerful persons were complicit in participating in criminal activity and orchestrating a cover up of TSM to preserve their positions. My sense is that Kane won by such a large margin because of how the JS case was mishandled by the state at many levels.
To me, it appeared Kane's star started falling when she refused to prosecute a bribery sting operation of Philadelphia area pols. Things went rapidly downhill after that. If this was a partisan war, I am puzzled by the lack of support by her own party, the Governor and the Phila Inquirer. Please illuminate me if I am missing something here. There's no doubt in my mind that PA is a political cesspool. Having lived in other states, PA puts me to mind of a former Soviet satellite state in terms of corruption and incompetence.

Having said all of this, my question would be, was Kane the right person for the job ? Did she have the ability, smarts and temperament to expose what really went on with the JS inverstigation and discover why TSM was basically ignored ?

IMHO... no idea if right but there is a part of me that thinks the cesspool of PA politics is so large and deep now, that both political party's can't kick sand in the other one's face since they all have so many skeletons in the closet. And they know where each other's are buried so it makes no sense to start a war that will bring all of them down. So it just becomes business as usual and continue feeding at the trough...

pigs-at-the-trough.jpg

Remember the F’en courts (judge) did not give Kane’s investigation into the prior AG’s activities the “subpoena power” to properly interview and interrogate the persons involved with the Sandusky case.

With “subpoena power”, I’m sure Kane’s investigation would have revealed at least one signing canary to get a foot into the mysterious doors of Corbett’s cronies.

Reactions: biacto
Remember the F’en courts (judge) did not give Kane’s investigation into the prior AG’s activities the “subpoena power” to properly interview and interrogate the persons involved with the Sandusky case.

With “subpoena power”, I’m sure Kane’s investigation would have revealed at least one signing canary to get a foot into the mysterious doors of Corbett’s cronies.
Was subpoena authority required for her to investigate board members and employees of TSM ?

Was subpoena authority required for her to investigate board members and employees of TSM ?
If I remember correctly, Kane was requested by the federal people to delay any investigation of TSM while they were involved and to focus on the Sandusky case. YES, subpoena power would deliver a more comprehensive investigation which could lead to crimes…by both Corbett’s people & the OG BOT

Reactions: simons96 and biacto
The "network" has won...

The taxpayers won. She is a crook and she made her bed.

I ran into Kane this weekend in Stone Harbor NJ. I guess she was living it up before she goes to the big house. Saw Pat Chambers there last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT